Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:Close
Anneyce Knight is a Senior Lecturer in Adult Nursing. She has a substantial clinical background in nursing, having worked in a number of roles in the NHS, private and voluntary sector and, more recently, as a lecturer within Higher Education. She is passionate about the need for compassionate care, thereby enhancing the quality of patient care, particularly at end-of-life. Her primary research interests focus on Public Health and Wellbeing.
Prior to joining Bournemouth University, Anneyce was the Course Lead for the innovative Foundation Degree in Health and Social Care (clinical) for Associate Practitioners, a joint NHS and Southampton Solent University collaboration. Previously she was at the University of Greenwich where she held a number of positions including leading on the development of the BSc Health and Wellbeing, European Lead and Erasmus Co-ordinator for the School of Health and Social Care. She was a Credit for Learning Advisor, a role which involved providing support and development advice for organisations seeking academic credit rating for their training and education courses...
She has published and presented on a variety of public health and wellbeing issues, both nationally and internationally and been a visiting lecturer at several international universities.
She is delighted to use her broad wealth of knowledge and experience here at BU to inspire students and inform the student experience.more
Public Health and Wellbeing Compassionate Care
- La Placa, V., Knight, A. and Knight, A., 2017. The Emergence of Wellbeing in Late Modern Capitalism: Theory, Research and Policy Responses. International Journal of Social Science Studies.
- Pokorná, A, A. and Knight, A., 2015. Development Opportunities of Emotional Intelligence with reflective strategies using video-based training. Mefanet, 3 (2), 43-47.
- Knight, A., Parker, J., Carmichael, H., Esser, A. and Aspden, C., 2015. Shaping the future assistant/associate practitioner workforce; a Hampshire case study. British Journal of Healthcare Assistants, 9 (3), 144-149.
- Taylor, I., Conway, V. and Knight, A., 2014. Measuring and addressing pain in people with limited communication skills: The “I hurt help me" pain management project. Journal of Pain Management, 9 (3), 129-136.
- La Placa, V. and Knight, A., 2014. Wellbeing: its influence and local impact on public health. Public Health, 128 (1), 38-42.
- Knight, A. and La Placa, V., 2013. Healthy Universities: taking the University of Greenwich Healthy Universities Initiative forward. International Journal of Health Promotion and Education, 51 (1), 41-49.
- Knight, A., La Placa, V. and McNaught, A., 2014. Wellbeing: Policy and Practice. Lantern Publishing.
- Knight, A. and McNaught, A., 2011. Understanding Wellbeing An Introduction for Students and Practitioners of Health and Social Care. Lantern Publications.
- Stachurová, D., Dobríková, P. and Knight, A., 2015. Ethical aspects of the care of hospitalized dying patients. Paliatívna medicína a liečba bolesti. Solen Medical Education.
- Knight, A., Stewart, J., Rhoden, M., Mehmet, N. and Baxter, L., 2014. Blue Space and Wellbeing. Wellbeing: Policy and Practice. Lantern Publishing.
- La Placa, V., Knight, A. and Knight, A., 2014. Wellbeing: A New Policy Phenomenon. Wellbeing: Policy and Practice. Lantern Publishing.
- Knight, A., La Placa, V. and Schofield, P., 2014. The Wellbeing of Older People. Wellbeing: Policy and Practice. Lantern Publishing.
- Knight, A. and Stewart, J., 2013. Long Term Care of the Elderly: a policy perspective (UK). Long Term Care of the Elderly. University of Paudabice.
- Stewart, J., Rhoden, M., Knight, A., Mehmet, N. and Baxter, L., 2013. Margate’s private rented sector: delivering housing enforcement and family support in a seaside town. Effective Strategies and Interventions; environmental health and the private housing sector. CIEH and University of Greenwich.
- Knight, A. and Khan, Q., 2011. Spirituality and Wellbeing. Understanding Wellbeing: an introduction for students and practitioners of health, social care and wellbeing. Reflect Press.
- Beaven-Mark, K., Goddard, B. and Knight, A., 2011. Wellbeing and the Workplace. Understanding Wellbeing: an introduction for students and practitioners of health, social care and wellbeing.. Reflect Press.
- Knight, A., 2009. Poverty, Inequality and Social Exclusion. Professional Practice in Public Health. Reflect Press.
- Kate Beaven-Mark, 2013. Influence or Ignorance: An Analysis of the Influence of the Hypnotherapy National Occupational Standards on Hypnosis and Hypnotherapy Teaching and Learning, and Professionalism in the UK.
- The NHS and Nursing. Catholic University, Lille, France -nursing management students
- Wellbeing. Catholic University of Leuven, Belgium
- Nursing; Evidence-Based Practice; Leadership: the UK perspective. College of Nursing, Jesenice, Slovenia
- Health Policy and the NHS in the UK. University of Baskent, Ankara, Turkey
- 20The Health and Wellbeing of Young people in the UK. Université Catholique de Lille, France
- Palliative Care. University of Paudabice, Czech Republic.
- The NHS, UniversitéCatholique de Lille, France
- Royal College of Nursing, Member of International External Reference Group
- FINE UK, Minute Secretary
- Univeristy of Bradford, External Examiner
- Academic Advisor, Adult Nursing
Public Engagement & Outreach Activities
- External Examiner, University of Bradford, Cancer and Palliative Care (2013 -)
- Humanising Care, Health and Wellbeing, Promoting compassionate care: UK and Czech Republic educational case studies, 29 Jun 2017, Bournemouth University
- Oncology Conference, Complementary Medicine and Cancer and Palliative Care: a UK perspective, 16 Oct 2015, Hotel Termal Vyhne,Slovakia
- FINE EU Xth International Conference, European Collaboration: a transferable educational model to develop Compassionate Care., 24 Sep 2014, Faculty of Medicine, University of Lorraine, Nancy, France
- FINE EU Xth International Conference, Assistant Practitioners: shaping the future workforce or changing nurses’ roles?, 24 Sep 2015, Faculty of Medicine, University of Lorraine, Nancy, France
- NETNEP 2014, Reflective practice and its use in nursing education - the transformation of the traditional educational approach in the Czech Republic’, 23 Jun 2014, NH Conference Centre, Leeuwenhorst, Netherlands
- 1st International Conference: Quality and Perspectives, Wellbeing Policy and Practice, 23 Apr 2015, University of Paudabice, Czech Republic
- FINE EU Xth International Conference, International Collaboration: Palliative Care Education, 24 Sep 2014, Faculty of Medicine, University of Lorraine, Nancy, France
- Healthy Communities; transforming lives through innovation, collaboration and participation conference., Using student experience cases to improve the learning experience of student nurses, 20 Mar 2015, Southampton Solent University, Southampton UK.
- 7th International Conference of Hospice and Palliative Care, Trnava, Slovakia., Conference proceedings. EAPC
- Compassionate Care in Critical Care, Curriculum. University of Masaryk, Brno, Czech Republic.
- Registered Midwife in Midwifery (UKCC, 1985)
- Nurse Teacher in Adult Nursing (Nursing and Midwifery Council, 2010)
- Registered Nurse in Nursing (General Nursing Council, 1982)
- PGCE in Education (University of Greenwich, 1999)
- BA(hons) in Literature and History (University of Greenwich, 1996)
- MSc in Interprofessional Health and Social Care (Canterbury Christchurch University, 2005)
- BSCH, Member,
- CHNC, Member,
- Higher Education Academy, Senior Fellow,
- Royal College of Nursing, Member,
- Royal Society of Arts, Fellow,
- RCN Pain and Palliative Care Forum RCN Education Forum FINE UK