- 01202 965217
- allenc at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
- SL in Business Analysis & Business Decision Making
- Dorset House DG22, Talbot Campus, Fern Barrow, Poole, BH12 5BB
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:Close
Framework Leader for Tourism Masters Programmes, Senior Lecturer in Business Analysis. Former Programme Leader for BA (Hons) Leisure Marketing. Corporate strategist with 25 years board level experience turned academic. Specialist in Entrepreneurship and small business topics with a particular interest in the Russian business environment, especially within the tourism/leisure sectors. He has given several presentations for the British Council in Moscow. Also interested in family businesses (coming from a family business background) and in unquoted companies. Was a founding director of Wiltshire Training and Enterprise Council, where he was the chairman of its South Wilts Regional Board and advised the DTI on the establishment of the Wiltshire Business Link network. Commercial interest ranges from Management and marketing consultancy to plastics and agro-chemical industies, both in the UK and France. Also has board level experience in HEIs having served on the Council of Bath University for 8 years including on Audit and Ethics committees... A member of Bath University Court for 10 years. Also currently represents the School of Tourism at Senate. A past president of the Swimming Pool and Allied Trades Association and a past member of the council of Salisbury Chamber of Commerce. When in the plastics industry he was one of the country's leading experts in calendared foil geo-membranes. He has an interest in international marketing having been the President-Director General of a French SA for several years.more
- Jennings, P. and Allen, C., 2003. The impact of capital taxation on UK unquoted companies. Environment and Planning C: Government and Policy, 21, 509-530.
- Allen, C. and Boyce, P., 2010. Crossing the Numbers Barrier. ELSIN 2010: Proceedings of the 15th Annual Conference. ELSIN, 21-31.
- Boyce, P. and Allen, C., 2011. Finance Barriers – teaching finance to non-specialist students. In: Business Management Accountancy and Finance (BMAF) Network Annual conference 2011 - Graduates with Impact: through excellence in business education 10-11 May 2011 Bournemouth, England.
- Boyce, P. and Allen, C., 2011. The Finance Barrier: Teaching Finance to Non-finance students. In: BU Education Enhancement Conference 4 May 2011 Bournemouth University, Poole, England.
- Boyce, P. and Allen, C., 2007. Crossing the Numbers Barrier. In: HEA Pedagogic Research and Development Day 28 March 2007 Bournemouth University, England.
- Allen, C., 2003. An Introduction to 'Trader Angels': An Investigation into the Contribution to the Informal Venture Capital Market of 'Trader Angels'. In: Babson Entrepreneurship Research Conference 5-7 June 2003 Boston, USA.
- Allen, C., Casson, P. and Jennings, P., 2002. The impact of capital taxation on UK unquoted companies. In: Institute of Small Business Affairs Conference 13-15 November 2002 Brighton.
- Allen, C., Casson, P. and Jennings, P., 2002. Multi-generational businesses: stewardship and the impact of capital taxation on unquoted companies. In: UK Family Business Network Annual Conference 23-25 May 2002 Helsinki, Finland..
- Rafa Haddad (A Critical Analysis of the Experiences of Female Business Owners in the Development and Management of Tourism-related micro and small businesses in an Islamic Society:)
- Russian Entrepreneurial Journeys: Opportunities, Barriers and Contexts in the Russian Far East (supervisor: Sean Beer)
Profile of Teaching PG
Profile of Teaching UG
- Entrepreneurial Development
- Small Business Management
- PG Cert in Research Degree Supervision (Bournemouth University, 2009)
- MBA in Business Administration, (Southampton University, 2000)
- BSc (Hons) in Business Administration (Bath University, 1977)
- Chartered Management Institute (ACMI), Associate,