Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:Close
I am the program leader for the BSc (Hons) Forensic Computing and Security.
I hold a PhD in Information and Communication Security and a BSc (Hons) in Computer Science from the Athens University of Economics and Business, as well as an MSc in Information Security from Royal Holloway, University of London. I am a Fellow of HEA and my teaching and research focuses on Cyber Security and Digital Forensics. Before joining BU, I was a Lecturer at Staffordshire University and (even) before that a security consultant working within VeriSign's PKI Trust Network. I hold more than 20 well referenced, esteemed journal and conference publications. I have served as as PC and TC member in a number of reputable conferences (e.g. ESORICS, ARES, etc.) and journals (Computer & Security, Computer, Computers & Electrical Engineering, etc.). I am a member of IEEE and ACM.
My research falls in the area of cybersecurity and digital forensics. Currently, my work focuses on : (a) smartphone security and privacy, (b) IoT security, (c) Android memory forensics, (d) web security and online fraud prevention, and (e) intrusion detection.
Please refer to Google Scholar Profile for an up to date list of my publications.
I am currently supervising:
- Mohammad Heydari http://staffprofiles.bournemouth.ac.uk/display/mheydari
- Mohamed Hassan https://staffdirectory.staffs.ac.uk/StaffsUniStaffDirectory/Person/Details/2931
I am also advising:
- Antonia Nisioti http://staffprofiles.bournemouth.ac.uk/display/anisioti
If you are interested for a PhD under my supervision and you are willing to work hard, please contact me.
- Tsalis, N., Mylonas, A., Nisioti, A., Gritzalis, D. and Katos, V., 2017. Exploring the protection of private browsing in desktop browsers. COMPUTERS & SECURITY, 67, 181-197.
- Andriotis, P., Oikonomou, G., Mylonas, A. and Tryfonas, T., 2016. A study on usability and security features of the Android pattern lock screen. Information and Computer Security, 24 (1), 53-72.
- Spyridopoulos, T., Maraslis, K., Mylonas, A., Tryfonas, T. and Oikonomou, G., 2015. A Game Theoretical Method for Cost-Benefit Analysis of Malware Dissemination Prevention. Information Security Journal, 24 (4-6), 164-176.
- Virvilis, N., Mylonas, A., Tsalis, N. and Gritzalis, D., 2015. Security Busters: Web browser security vs. rogue sites. Computers and Security, 52, 90-105.
- Mylonas, A., Kastania, A. and Gritzalis, D., 2013. Delegate the smartphone user? Security awareness in smartphone platforms. Computers and Security, 34, 47-66.
- Mylonas, A., Meletiadis, V., Mitrou, L. and Gritzalis, D., 2013. Smartphone sensor data as digital evidence. Computers and Security, 38, 51-75.
- Tsalis, N., Virvilis, N., Mylonas, A., Apostolopoulos, T. and Gritzalis, D., 2015. Browser blacklists: The Utopia of phishing protection. 278-293.
- Mylonas, A., Gritzalis, D., Tsoumas, B. and Apostolopoulos, T., 2013. A qualitative metrics vector for the awareness of smartphone security users. 173-184.
- Nisioti, A., Mylonas, A., Katos, V., Yoo, P.D. and Chryssanthou, A., 2017. You can run but you cannot hide from memory: Extracting IM evidence of Android apps. 457-464.
- Nisioti, A., Heydari, M., Mylonas, A., Katos, V. and Tafreshi, V.H.F., 2017. TRAWL: Protection against rogue sites for the masses. 120-127.
- Ward, J., Dogan, H., Apeh, E., Mylonas, A. and Katos, V., 2017. Using human factor approaches to an organisation’s bring your own device scheme. 396-413.
- Faily, S., Lykou, G., Partridge, A., Gritzalis, D., Mylonas, A. and Katos, V., 2016. Human-Centered Specification Exemplars for Critical Infrastructure Environments. In: 30th British HCI Group Annual Conference on People and Computers: Fusion 11-15 July 2016 Bournemouth, UK.
- Tsalis, N., Mylonas, A. and Gritzalis, D., 2016. An intensive analysis of security and privacy browser add-ons. 258-273.
- Alshammari, N.O., Mylonas, A., Sedky, M., Champion, J. and Bauer, C., 2015. Exploring the adoption of physical security controls in smartphones. 287-298.
- Hassan, M., Vidalis, S. and Mylonas, A., 2015. Cell based intrusion prevention system. 79-85.
- Virvilis, N., Tsalis, N., Mylonas, A. and Gritzalis, D., 2014. Mobile devices: A phisher's paradise. 79-87.
- Mylonas, A., Theoharidou, M. and Gritzalis, D., 2014. Assessing privacy risks in android: A user-centric approach. 21-37.
- Mylonas, A., Tsalis, N. and Gritzalis, D., 2013. Evaluating the manageability of web browsers controls. 82-98.
- Mylonas, A., Dritsas, S., Tsoumas, B. and Gritzalis, D., 2012. On the Feasibility of malware attacks in smartphone platforms. 217-232.
- Theoharidou, M., Mylonas, A. and Gritzalis, D., 2012. A risk assessment method for smartphones. 443-456.
- Mylonas, A., Meletiadis, V., Tsoumas, B., Mitrou, L. and Gritzalis, D., 2012. Smartphone forensics: A proactive investigation scheme for evidence acquisition. 249-260.
- Mylonas, A., Tsoumas, B., Dritsas, S. and Gritzalis, D., 2011. A secure smartphone applications roll-out scheme. 49-61.
- Kandias, M., Mylonas, A., Theoharidou, M. and Gritzalis, D., 2011. Exploitation of auctions for outsourcing security-critical projects. 646-651.
- Mylonas, A., Dritsas, S., Tsoumas, B. and Gritzalis, D., 2011. Smartphone security evaluation - The malware attack case. 25-36.
- Kandias, M., Mylonas, A., Virvilis, N., Theoharidou, M. and Gritzalis, D., 2010. An insider threat prediction model. 26-37.
- Mohamed Hassan (https://staffdirectory.staffs.ac.uk/StaffsUniStaffDirectory/Person/Details/2931)
- Mohammad Heydari (http://staffprofiles.bournemouth.ac.uk/display/mheydari)
Profile of Teaching PG
- Enterprise Digital Forensics
Profile of Teaching UG
- Computer Security
- Security Information and Event Management
- CE2016 Exercise incident – Apt Memory Forensics Analysis (European Network and Information Security Agency, 01 Oct 2016). Completed
- CE 2016 Incident Development (European Network and Information Security Agency, 01 Apr 2016). Completed
- BSc (Hons) in Computer Science (Athens University of Economics and Business, 2007)
- MSc in Information Security (Royal Holloway University of London, 2008)
- PhD in Computer and Communication Security (Athens University of Economics and Business, 2014)
- PGCE in Teaching in Higher and Professional Education (Staffordshire University, 2015)
- Association for Computing Machinery, Member (2013-),
- Higher Education Academy, Fellow (2015-),
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Member (2009-),