Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:Close
Dr Bernadette Waters is a Principal Lecturer in the Faculty of Health and Social Sciences, Bournemouth University. She is currently the Professional and Programme Lead for the BSc (Hons) Occupational Therapy programme. Dr Waters has always been enthusiastic to ensure that the student experience is excellent and that occupational therapy students are thoroughly prepared for the world of practice.Her teaching is primarily with the OT students but she also actively contributes to interprofessional education. Dr Waters has worked with the professional and statutory bodies over many years and has contributed to the development and evolution of QAA Subject Benchmarks, HCPC Standards and COT accreditation documents. She has worked as an External Examiner for 7 universities and Visitor to many others in the capacity as reviewer or advisor.
Current research interests include auto/biographies of individuals with primary lymphoedema; therapy and self-management of lymphoedema; fitness to practice - specifically academic integrity and quality assurance in healthcare education.
Dr Waters has been involved in PhD supervision for students at the University of Southampton and at Bournemouth University. She has acted as research reviewer for NIHR, Cork University and Tenovus UK.
- Graduate Diploma in Occupational Therapy in Occupational Therapy (College of Occupational Therapists, 1979)
- Certificate of Higher and Further Education in Education (Garnett College of HE (Now Westminster University), 1985)
- MA in Higher Education Management and Policy (University of London, 1988)
- Certificate in Complex Lymphoedema Therapy in Lymphoedema (Lymphoedema Association of Australia / University of Adelaide, 2000)
- EdD in Primary Lymphoedema (University of Southampton, 2009)
- British Association & College of Occupational Therapists, Member (1979-),
- Health & Care Professions Council, Member (1979-),