- 01202 968134
- dbiggins at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
- Academic Learning Designer
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:Close
David works in the Centre for Excellence in Learning as a Academic Learning Designer.
David is currently studying towards his PhD in project management.
- Biggins, D., Holley, D. and Zezulkova, M., 2017. Digital Competence and Capability Frameworks in Higher Education: Importance of Life-long Learning, Self-Development and Well-being. EAI Endorsed Transactions on e-Learning, 4 (13).
- Quinney, C., Lamont, M., Holley, D. and Biggins, D., 2017. Embedding the value of learning by extending professional boundaries. Journal of Learning Development in Higher Education.
- Roushan, G., Holley, D. and Biggins, D., 2016. The Kaleidoscope of Voices: An Action Research Approach to Informing Institutional e-Learning Policy. ELECTRONIC JOURNAL OF E-LEARNING, 14 (5), 293-300.
- Biggins, D., Crowley, E., Bolat, E., Dupac, M. and Dogan, H., 2015. Enhancing university student engagement using online multiple choice questions and answers. Open Journal of Social Sciences, 71-76.
- Biggins, D.J., 2012. Talana Account and Medal Roll. Token Publishing Ltd.
- Biggins, D.J., 2010. Kimberley Siege Account and Medal Roll. Token Publishing Ltd.
- Biggins, D.J., 2004. Elandslaagte Account and Medal Roll. Token Publishing Ltd.
- Biggins, D. and clarke, S., 2018. Developing digital competencies in academic staff: One institution's experience of applying Lean. In: Lean in Higher Education Conference: Implementing, Measuring and Sustaining Change 1-3 November 2017 Sydney.
- Holley, D., Biggins, D., Evangelinos, G. and Zezulkova, M., 2017. Digital Competence and Capability Frameworks in the Context of Learning, Self-Development and HE Pedagogy. In: Third International Conference. Dublin, Ireland 4 May 2017 Dublin.
- Holley, D., Biggins, D. and Lamont, C., 2017. iInnovate: trying something different together. In: ALDinHE 10-12 April 2017 University of Hull.
- Biggins, D., Holley, D., Evangelinos, G. and Zezulkova, M., 2017. Digital competence and capability frameworks in the context of learning, self-development and HE pedagogy. 46-53.
- Biggins, D. and Truelove, L., 2016. Empowering learning through the creation and answering of multiple choice questions. In: Social Media in Higher Education 16 16 December 2016 Sheffield.
- Bolat, E., Dogan, H., Biggins, D., Dupac, M. and Crowley, E., 2016. Empowering University Students Through Online Multiple Choice Questions. In: 9th annual International Conference of Education, Research and Innovation 14-16 November 2016 Valencia, Spain.
- Bolat, E., Crowley, E., Biggins, D., Dogan, H. and Dupac, M., 2016. Empowering university students through online multiple choice questions. In: 15th European Conference on eLearning (ECEL16) 27-28 October 2016 Prague.
- Biggins, D., Truelove, L. and Lawlor-Wright, T., 2016. Trends in Project Management 1966 – 2015. In: British Academy of Management 6-8 September 2016 Necastle.
- Biggins, D.J., Trollsund, F. and Høiby, A.L., 2016. Applying a life cycle approach to project management methods. In: European Academy of Management 1-4 June 2016 Paris.
- Biggins, D., Crowley, E., Bolat, E., Dupac, M. and Dogan, H., 2015. Using Peerwise to improve engagement and learning. In: The European Conference on Education 1-5 July 2015 Brighton, United Kingdom. Japan: The International Academic Forum (IAFOR), 585-602.
- Biggins, D., 2015. Perspectives on Project Management Methods. In: British Academy of Management 8-10 September 2015 Portsmouth.
- Biggins, D.J., 2014. Medals awarded for the battle of Talana. In: From the Boer to the Great War International Military History Conference 115th Anniversary Anglo Boer War 1899-1902 Centenary The Great War 1914-1918 20-22 October 2014 Dundee, South Africa.
- Bolat, E., Bolat, E., Gilani, P., Ashraf, S., Musarskaya, M., Biggins, D., Ladkin, A., Dogan, H., Dupac, M., Ali, R., Bobeva, M. et al., 2016. Digital Me, Pop-up Photo Exhibition. Photo. Digital Me. Sovereign Shopping Centre, Boscombe, Bournemouth. 5 November 2016.
- Biggins, D. and Holley, D., 2016. Demonstration of the BU TEL Toolkit. 3rd EAI International Conference on e-Learning e-Education and Online Training, 2016. Univerity College Dublin.
- Biggins, D. and Holley, D.. The BU TEL Tooklit. Jisc Student Experience Experts’ Group Meeting. Birmingham. 12 October 2016.
- PRINCE2 introduction
- PRINCE2 introduction
- Project management in production management
- Project managing your MBA
- Introduction to PRINCE2. University of Manchester. Feb 2013
- UoA25 writing retreat (Bournemouth University, 01 Apr 2017). In Progress
- An Ontology of digital toolkits (Bournemouth University, 01 Nov 2016). In Progress
- Student technology trainer pilot (Bournemouth University, 01 Jan 2016). Awarded
- The TEL toolkit’ and follow-on project ‘Horizon Scanning: the affordances of Augmented and Immersive Technologies (Bournemouth University, 01 Dec 2015). Completed
- Digital Toolkit Development (Bournemouth University, 02 Nov 2015). Awarded
- Co-creating a Multiple Choice Question repository with students and for all students (Bournemouth University, Fusion Investment Fund, FIF strand: Co-creation and co-production, 30 Nov 2014). Completed
- Project Management building blocks for BU students and staff: Essential skills in Microsoft Project (Bournemouth University, 01 Jun 2014). Completed
- Wessex PM Academic Community, Organiser (2014-2017)
- CELebrate 2017, Using audience response systems for engagement and feedback, 13 Jun 2017, Bournemouth
- CELebrate 2017, What is iInnovate is telling us about assessment and feedback?, 13 Jun 2017, Bournemouth
- PGCE in Education Practice (Bournemouth University, 2014)
- BSc (Hons) in Mathematics and Computing (Open University, 2001)
- MBA in Business (Open University, 2000)
- BA (Hons) in Russian (Nottingham University, 1985)
- Best Paper Award (3rd EAI International Conference on e-Learning e-Education and Online Training (eLEOT), 2016)
- Award of Merit (Orders and Medals Research Society, 2015)
- ‘Most Outstandingly Brilliant’ Gold Award (Bournemouth University Students Union (SUBU), 2015)
- Most Brilliant Lecturer (Bournemouth University Students Union (SUBU), 2015)
- Association of Learning Developers, Member (2016-), http://www.aldinhe.ac.uk/
- British Academy of Management, Member (2015-),
- Higher Education Academy, Senior Fellow (2016-),
- Project Management Institute, Member (2012-),
- Wessex Project Management Academic Community, Chair (2014-2017),