Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:Close
On qualifying as a registered nurse I moved to New Zealand where I worked in a large orthopaedic teaching hospital, ultimately as a ward sister of a trauma orthopaedic ward. On return to the UK in 1988 I moved into nurse education and since then, have been involved in a variety of courses and professional development programmes. I am currently Framework Lead for the Faculty of Health and Social Science CPD Framework for health and social care professionals, and as such manage units leading to both University and Professional Body qualifications. Hence, my role is to support and encourage students in their personal and professional development and advise and them of the most appropriate path to take.
- Turner- Wilson, A.L., Keeley, S., Brown, P., Jordan, G. and Wood, C., 2013. Festival of Learning showcases the History of Nursing. The Bulletin of the UK Association for the History of Nursing, 2 (52).
- Jordan, G. and Brown, P., 2011. '20 days protected learning' - students' experiences of an Overseas Nurses Programme - 4 years on: A retrospective survey. BMC Nursing, 10, 7.
- Jordan, G., 2016. A Handbook for Student Nurses 2016-17 edition. Lantern Publishing.
- Jordan, G. and Benbow, W., 2013. A Handbook for Student Nurses: Introducing Key Issues Relevant for Practice. Banbury: Lantern.
- Benbow, W. and Jordan, G., 2009. A Handbook for Student Nurses: Introducing Key Issues Relevant for Practice. Exeter: Reflect Press.
- Benbow, W. and Jordan, G., 2007. Nursing in the UK: A Handbook for Nurses from Overseas and the EU. Exeter, England: Reflect Press Ltd.
- Jordan, G., Todres, L. and Halliwell, D., 2005. An Evaluation of the Preparation and Role of Emergency Care Practitioners in Dorset. Poole, England: Institute of Health and Community Studies, Bournemouth University.
- Brown, P. and Jordan, G., 2008. Students’ Experience of an Overseas Nurses Programme. In: 9th RCN Joint Education Forum: Partners in Practice conference 21-22 February 2008 Blackpool, England.
- Jordan, G., Todres, L. and Halliwell, D., 2005. An evaluation of the preparation and role of emergency care practitioners in Dorset. Poole, England: Bournemouth University.
- Jordan, G., 2001. Return to Practice (Nursing) Students and Their Support During Clinical Placement. Master's Thesis. Bournemouth University; Health and Social Care.
- Cooper, K., Jordan, G., Marsh, S., Merrett, S., Scammell, J. and Clark, V., 2005. Assessment of Students in Health and Social Care: Managing Failing Students in Practice. Bournemouth University. Available from: http://www.practicebasedlearning.org/.
- Benbow, W., Cooper, K., Jonckheer, P. and Jordan, G., 2005. Developing New Supervisors and Assessors of Practice Learning. Poole, England: Bournemouth University. Available from: http://www.practicebasedlearning.org/.
Profile of Teaching PG
- Unit Leader Care of Clients with Minor Illness
- Unit Leader Long Term Conditions Unit
- Unit Leader - Evidencing Professional Learning (6 & 7)
Profile of Teaching UG
- Unit Leader - Return to Practice (Nursing), Level 6
- Senior Fellow in Higher Education (Higher Education Academy, 2014)
- Orthopaedic Nursing Certificate in Orthopaedic Nursing (Joint Examination Board, 1979)
- RGN in Registered General Nurse (Nursing and Midwifery Council, 1978)
- BSc (Hons) in Nursing (Bournemouth University, 1998)
- MSc in Professional Development (Bournemouth University, 2002)
- Nursing and Midwifery Council, Member,
- Royal College of Nursing, Member,