Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:Close
I trained as an Occupational Therapist in Liverpool, qualifying in 1989. I then worked in clinical practice for 18 years, predominantly specialising in paediatrics and learning disabilities, with a particular interest in sensory integration and challenging behaviour.
I have been an Occupational Therapy lecturer since 2008, working at The University of Huddersfield until 2015, when I moved to BU. Since moving into Higher Education, I have been involved in voluntary projects supporting the development of Occupational Therapy services for children with Autism in India. I have significant experience of leading interprofessional education initiatives for health professional students, and remain a committed advocate of interprofessional learning.
I am currently engaged in a PhD exploring reflective practice within Occupational Therapy in India.
PhD: A study into the perceptions of and approaches to reflective practice of Occupational Therapists in India
- OTICON 2016, Considering reflective practice in Occupational Therapy: How does it work in India?, 29 Jan 2016, Chennai, India
- NET (Networking for education in healthcare), Composing the symphony of interprofessional care – a reflection on innovations in interprofessional education, 01 Sep 2015, Cambridge
- NET (Networking for education in healthcare), iTeaching and Learning – iPad developments in health professional education, 01 Sep 2013, Cambridge
- College of Occupational Therapists Annual Conference, iTeaching and Learning – iPad developments in occupational therapy education, 01 May 2013, Glasgow
- College of Occupational Therapists Annual Conference, The introduction of iPads to support undergraduate occupational therapy education, 01 May 2012, Glasgow
- College of Occupational Therapists, Member (1989-),
- Health and Care Professions Council, Member (1989-),
- The Higher Education Academy, Fellow (2011-),