- mamiribesheli at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:Close
Mohsen joined the faculty of Science and Technology in September 2013 as a full time PhD research student. He received his MSc in computing at the University of Dundee with the thesis titled “Investigating and studying diverse visualization methods on different platform’s base on a stakeholder specific Tele-care system” in 2012. He has been involved in a number of research projects in the field of Computer networking, Human Computer Interaction (HCI) and Machine Learning. Mohsen also received a number of certificates from Microsoft and Cisco and has been involved in many implementation projects.His PhD research is Adapted Home Environments for People with Dementia. In which he is investigating the development of data mining techniques for adaptive home environments with an application on monitoring of people with dementia. Specifically, the aim of his PhD research is to deploy machine learning techniques (e.g., Hidden Markov Models) to model the daily activities of elderly in general and those of demented people and to predict their actions for the sake of their comfort and safety.
Adapted Home Environments for People with Dementia
Dementia is one of the most common causes of mortality in older people. Health care systems around the world are under immense pressure from the growing costs of continuous care for older people with dementia. A relatively effective solution to this problem is to shift the emphasis from formal cares in hospitals and care homes, to informal care in the home.
Smart Home (SH) technologies, as an instance of Ambient Assisted Living (AAL), consist of a mix of technology components (e.g., sensors, actuators, software, etc.) to support its resident to live more independently with better quality of life. SH technology has been proposed to reduce the living and care costs and to improve the quality of life for elder population with dementia. AAL technologies are diverse and versatile: video monitoring, health monitoring, fall detection, hip protector, light management, smart smoke alarm, smart fire alarm, movement detector, smart security alarm, kitchen monitor system, smart planners and calendars, drug time reminder, etc. Monitoring the daily activity of patients with dementia enable to controls the environment on behalf of the residents and predicts their future behaviour. It also enable to track their health situation (tele-health).
- Amiribesheli, M., Benmansour, A. and Bouchachia, A., 2015. A review of smart homes in healthcare. Journal of Ambient Intelligence and Humanized Computing.
- Shamshirband, Hessam, Javidnia, Amiribesheli, Vahdat, Petkovic, Gani and Mat Kiah, 2014. Tuberculosis Disease Diagnosis Using Artificial Immune Recognition System. International Journal of Medical Sciences, 11, 508-514.
- Zeinab Sam Daliri, Shahaboddin Shamshirband and Mohsen Amiribesheli, 2011. Railway security through the use of wireless sensor networks based on fuzzy logic. International Journal of the Physical Sciences, 6 (3), 448-458.
- Samira Kalantari, Mohsen Amiribesheli, Zeinab Sam Daliri, Shahaboddin Shamshirband and Liang Shing Ng, 2011. Routing in wireless sensor network based on softcomputing technique. Scientific Research and Essays Vol. , pp. , 30 September, 2011, 6(21), 4432-4441.
- Ali Reza Selahshoor, Shahaboddin Shamshirband, Mohsen Gholami and Mohsen Amiribesheli, 2011. Information optimization for speaker recognition using correlation functions. International Journal of the Physical Sciences.
- Mohammad Ali Shamalizadeh, Shahaboddin Shamshirband, Mohsen Amiribesheli and Samiria Kalantar, 2011. Security in Wireless Sensor Networks Based On Service-Oriented Architecture. Australian Journal of Basic and Applied Sciences, 5(3), 694-701.
- Amiribesheli, M. and Bouchachia, A., 2016. Towards Dementia-Friendly Smart Homes. 638-647.
- Amiribesheli, M., Hosseini, M. and Bouchachia, A., 2016. A User-Centred Principle Based Transparency Approach for Intelligent Environments. In: Human Centred Design for Intelligent Environments Workshop at British HCI Conference 12 July 2016 Bournemouth.
- Amiribesheli, M. and Bouchachia, A., 2015. Smart Homes Design for People with Dementia. 156-159.
Profile of Teaching UG
- Previously- Media Devices & Networks Labs
- Java Programming Labs
- Digital Forensic Fundamentals Labs
- Business & Professional Issues Seminars
- Web Information Systems (UG) Seminars
- System Design
- BSc (Hons) in Software Engineering (2011)
- MSc in Computing (University of Dundee, 2012)
- Medallion of student computing olympiad in Iran (2005)
- Alzheimer's Society, Member (2013-),
- IEEE, Member (2013-),