Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:Close
Dr. Ishmael Tingbani is a Chartered Banker (ACIB). He holds a Bachelor of Social Science (Economics and Sociology), MBA Banking & Finance, Chartered Banker MBA and a Doctorate of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Finance. He has extensive teaching and industrial experience in the area of finance in and outside the UK. His lecturing has included Economics and Finance. His research interests include SME Finance and Growth, Energy Economies, Bank Efficiency, Risk and Stock Market Reforms, Fiscal and Monetary Policies on Economic Growth. He is interested in supervising PhD students in these.
SME Finance and Growth, Fiscal and Monetary Policy, Economic Growth, Energy Economics, Banking and Finance
- Zalata, A.M., Tauringana, V. and Tingbani, I., 2018. Audit committee financial expertise, gender, and earnings management: Does gender of the financial expert matter? International Review of Financial Analysis, 55, 170-183.
- Salia, S., Hussain, J., Tingbani, I. and Kolade, O., 2018. Is women empowerment a zero sum game? Unintended consequences of microfinance for women’s empowerment in Ghana. International Journal of Entrepreneurial Behaviour and Research, 24 (1), 273-289.
- Afrifa, G. and Tingbani, I., 2017. Working Capital Management, Cash Flow and SMEs’ Performance. International Journal of Banking, Accounting and Finance, Forthcoming.
- Afrifa, G., Tauringana, V. and Tingbani, I., 2015. Working capital management and performance of listed SMEs. Journal of Small Business & Entrepreneurship, 27 (6).
- Kolawole Albright, 2017. An Examination of Bank use of Credit Derivatives to Mitigate Risk: An Empirical Analysis of its Potency and Impact on Bank Portfolio Management and Performance)
- Rashid Mohammed A A Al-Naimi. The role of international law in the protection of critical infrastructure in the Arabian Gulf
- Joseph Chenchehene. CORPORATE GOVERNANCE AND FINANCIAL DISTRESS PREDICTION IN THE UK
- Boakye Danqua. THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN SMEs ENVIRONMENTAL AND FINANCIAL PERFORMANCE
Profile of Teaching PG
- International Investment Management, Venture Capital and Growth Finance
Profile of Teaching UG
- Money Banking and Financial Services, Quantitative Economic Application
- Festival of Learning BU
- Student Research Assistanship funding for SME finance (BU, 18 Jan 2017). In Progress
- Fusion Investment Fund on Access to SME Finance (BU, 17 Jul 2015). Completed
- Cardiff Metropolitan University, PhD External Examiner (2017-)
- Level 4 Program Cordinator Department of Accouting, Economics and Finance BU, Program Cordinator
- 16th FRAP Finance, Risk and Accounting Perspectives in partnership with the 2nd SSFII Social and Sustainable Finance and Impact Investing Conference, Trade Credit and Firms' Growth, 25 Sep 2017, University of Cambridge UK
- 24th Annual Conference of the Multinational Finance Society, Trade Credit Use and Financial Performance of UK Firms, 25 Jun 2017, Bucharest, Romania
- Spring 2017 Conference of The Multinational Finacne Society, Working Capital Management, Cash Flow and SMEs’ Performance, 07 Apr 2017, Lemesos, CYPRUS
- 15th Finance, Risk and Accounting Perspectives Conference, Working Capital Management and Profitability of Firms in UK: Contingency Theory Approach, 19 Oct 2015, Steyr Austria
- 14th FRAP Finance, Risk and Accounting conference, Working Capital Management and Firms’ Profitability: The Moderating Role of Cash Flow’, 22 Sep 2014, Oxford University
- ESRC SME Finance Seminar, SME finance: A typology, 02 Jun 2016, Brighton
- ESRC workshop on Access to finance, Trade credit Alternative source of Finance for firms’ profitability, 22 Jan 2015, Bournemouth University
- 15th FRAP Finance, Risk and Accounting Conference, A Review of Trade credit Policy on Firms Performance, 19 Oct 2015, Steyr Austria
- Professional Banking
- BA (Hons) in Economics & Sociology (2004)
- MBA in Banking and Finance (Bangor University, 2007)
- MBA in Chartered Banker (Bangor University, 2014)
- PhD in Finance (Bournemouth University, 2015)
- Chartered Institute of Banker UK, Member,
- Chatered Institute of Financial Analyst (CFA), Member (2016-),
- Fellow of Higher Education Academy, Fellow,