Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:Close
Areas of interest are psychosocial studies, media economics and public opinion.
Researching PhD on "The constitutive function of the fictive public: the case of British military media operations in Afghanistan".
Before joining the University in 2004, John had pursued a successful career in public relations, most recently as Director of Publicity at British Sky Broadcasting (BSkyB), from 1999-2003.
- Brissenden, J. and Moloney, K., 2005. Political PR in the 2005 UK General Election: winning and losing, with a little help from spin. Journal of Marketing Management, 21, 1005-1020.
Profile of Teaching PG
- Social Theory and Political Communication
Profile of Teaching UG
- Promotion, Power and Democracy
- Public Relations, Power and Democracy
- Media Economics
- KDU University College, Penang, Malaysia, External Examiner (2017-), https://www.kdupg.edu.my/programmes/mass-communication/bachelor-arts-hons-communication-and-public-relations
- PG Cert in Academic Practice (Bournemouth University, 2007)
- BA (Hons) in Media Studies (Polytechnic of Central London (now University of Westminster), 1985)
- Fellowship (Higher Education Academy)