Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:Close
Dr. John Ferraris is currently a lecturer in Music & Audio Technology in the Department of Creative Technology at Bournemouth University, a role he has undertaken since 2014.
Dr. Ferraris was awarded his PhD in 2015 from Bournemouth University, whereupon he worked as a research assistant on the BUDI team developing novel, interactive training games to help nursing students engage with Alzheimer's patients. Prior to this he was a freelance writer for Computer Music Magazine, where he contributed a number of cover features, articles and reviews on the topic of music production and sound engineering.
- Ferraris, J., Tian, F. and Gatzidis, C., 2012. Feature-based probabilistic texture blending with feature variations for terrains. Computer Animation and Virtual Worlds, 23 (3-4), 435-445.
- Ferraris J, Tian, F. and Gatzidis C., 2013. Automatic Terrain Texturing with Dynamic Patch Transitions. In: 30th Computer Graphics International 12-14 June 2013 Welfenlab, University of Hannover, Germany.
- Ferraris, J., Tian, F. and Gatzidis, C., 2010. Feature-based probability blending. In: ACM SIGGRAPH 2010 15-18 December 2010 Seoul, Republic Of Korea. ACM Press.
- Ferraris, J. and Gatzidis, C., 2009. A Rule-based Approach to 3D Terrain Generation via Texture Splatting. In: Fifth International Conference On Advances In Computer Entertainment Technology (ACE 2009) 29-31 October 2009 Athens, Greece.
- Automating Terrain Asset Generation (supervisor: David John)
- HEA, Member (2016-),
- PRS, Member (2016-),