Back to top
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:Close
- Leamon, J., Way, S. and Cro, S., 2014. Embedding the 6Cs into statutory supervision: sharing the experiences. Practicing Midwife, September (9), 1-2.
- Leamon, J. and Ireland, J., 2013. Parting the clouds: a vision of supervision of midwifery. The Practising Midwife, 16 (1), 12-14.
- Leamon, J., 2012. I am here: Reflective learning and a poem about a midwife, mother and a baby. MIDIRS Midwifery Digest, 3 (2), 46-48.
- Leamon, J. and Viccars, A., 2010. An Evaluation of a midwifery service within a Sure Start Children's Centre. Evidence Based Midwifery, 8, 58-64.
- Leamon, J., 2009. Stories: Using a narrative research approach in exploring stories about childbirth. MIDIRS Midwifery Digest, 19, 169-174.
- Leamon, J., Wilkins, C., Brown, S. and Rawnson, S., 2009. Student Midwives' Views on Story Sharing: the BUMP study. British Journal of Midwifery, 17, 426-431.
- Rawnson, S., Brown, S., Wilkins, C. and Leamon, J., 2009. Student midwives'views of caseloading: the BUMP study. British Journal of Midwifery, 17, 484-489.
- Wilkins, C., Leamon, J., Rawnson, S. and Brown, S., 2008. Student midwives' views of self-assessment. British Journal of Midwifery, 16 (2), 88-93.
- Wilkins, C., Leamon, J., Rawnson, S. and Brown, S., 2008. Student Midwives' Views of Self-Assessment: The BUMP Study. British Journal of Midwifery, 16, 88-93.
- Brown, S., Wilkins, C., Leamon, J. and Rawnson, S., 2008. Student midwives' views of enquiry based learning: the BUMP study. British Journal of Midwifery, 16, 302-305.
- Leamon, J., 2007. Tricia: You are like the moon. MIDIRS Midwifery Digest, 17, 482.
- Leamon, J., 2004. Making meaning: women’s birth narratives (MIDIRS Comments). MIDIRS Midwifery Digest, 14, 458-459.
- Leamon, J., 2004. Sharing stories: what can we learn from such practice? MIDIRS Midwifery Digest, 14, 13-16.
- Leamon, J., 1983. Nursing care study: memories of Emily. Nursing Mirror, 156, 50-51.
- Leamon, J., 2014. The 6’Cs and the need for compassionate practice by SoM’s for women and midwives. In: Supervision of Midwives and the 6C's: Exploring how we do what we do. 9 January 2014 Bournemouth University.
- Leamon, J., 2012. Opening Pandoa's Box: Supporting midwives to embrace reflection. In: National Conference for Supervisors of Midwives 31 January 2012 Nottingham.
- Leamon, J. and Viccars, A., 2008. Thinking globally acting locally: Midwives attending to the public health agenda of disadvantaged women. In: International Confederation of Midwives: 28th Triennial Congress 1-5 June 2008 Glasgow, Scotland. International Confederation of Midwives.
- Leamon, J., 2008. A Spoken Play: Helen’s story of giving birth. In: 7th Qualitative Research Conference 8-10 September 2008 Bournemouth University, England.
- Leamon, J., 2008. Reflective Leadership. In: South Central Health Authority. Supervision of Midwives Local Conference 2008 Basingstoke.
- Leamon, J., 2007. Jen's Story: A refelctive story of my Doctoral Journey. In: Transitions in Family Health and Wellbeing: Contribution of education, practice development and partnership 4 July 2007 Bournemouth University, England.
- Leamon, J., 2007. Nurturing My Potential. In: Releasing Research – Enterprise Potential: Finale Event 18 July 2007 Bournemouth University, England.
- Leamon, J., 2002. Stories about childbirth: learning from the discourses. In: 26th International Confederation of Midwives Congress 2002 Vienna, Austria.
- Leamon, J. and Viccars, A., 2007. West Howe Midwifery Evaluation: The WitH ME Study. An evaluation of the impact of midwifery care provided to women and their families within the Sure Start Bournemouth Scheme at the Kinson and West Howe Children's Centre. Poole, England: Bournemouth University.
- Robinson, J. and Leamon, J., 1999. A Documentary Analysis of Nursing Degree Curricula. London: English National Board for Nursing and Midwifery.
- Phillips, T., Bedford, H., Leamon, J. and Schostak, J., 1996. Evaluation of Pre-Registration Undergraduate Degrees in Nursing and Midwifery.. London: English National Board for Nursing and Midwifery.
- Carolyn Richardson (Stories of Transition: African Caribbean Immigrant Women’s Experiences of Postpartum Care)
- Dr. Professional Practice: 2012 Group Supervisor
- Stella Rawnson (Stories:Women's experiences of student midwife caseloading)
- Sue Mant (The high risk birth environment as a learning context)
Profile of Teaching PG
- Degree and Masters level:Preparation for Supervisors of Midwives
Profile of Teaching UG
- Year 1,2, 3 Practice Portfolio unit
- Year 3 Teamworking in Projects
- Practice Assessment and Learning in Midwifery Study (PALMS) (BU Centre for Excellence in Learning, 01 Jul 2015). In Progress
- Promoting Dignity through understanding Narratives (Economic Social Research Council, 02 Nov 2013). Awarded
- The power of narrative and stories in enabling learning for professional practice (Higher Education Academy, 16 Apr 2013). Completed
- Salisbury NHS Foundation Trust, Supervisor of Midwives (2006-)
- Advanced Diploma in Midwifery in Midwifery (Birmingham and Solihull Colleage of Midwifery Education, 1990)
- BEd in Education (University of Hudersfield, 1996)
- Educational Doctorate in Education (University of East Angila Norwich., 2002)
- PGCE Research Supervision in Research Supervision (Bournemouth University, 2008)
- Registered Midwife in Midwifery (West Berkshire Health District School of Midwifery, 1983)
- Supervision of Midwifery in Supervision of Midwifery (Bournemouth University, 2002)
- Teaching and Learning Fellowship (BU, 2004)
- Royal College of Midwives, Member,
The data on this page was last updated at 04:09 on March 22, 2017.