Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:Close
After spending five years working as a field and research assistant for several ornithological researchers, Katharine is now undertaking a PhD on "Predicting the effect of environmental change on biodiversity: insights from coastal bird models". She is supervised by Professor Richard Stillman, Dr Roger Herbert and John Baugh (at HR Wallingford).
- Griesser, M., Bowgen, K.M. et al., 2017. Experience buffers extrinsic mortality in a group-living bird species. OIKOS, 126 (9), 1258-1268.
- Cartwright, S.J., Bowgen, K.M., Collop, C., Hyder, K., Nabe-Nielsen, J., Stafford, R., Stillman, R.A., Thorpe, R.B. and Sibly, R.M., 2016. Communicating complex ecological models to non-scientist end users. ECOLOGICAL MODELLING, 338, 51-59.
- Bowgen, K.A., Stillman, R.A. and Herbert, R.J.H., 2015. Predicting the effect of invertebrate regime shifts on wading birds: insights from Poole Harbour, UK. Biological Conservation, 186, 60-68.
- Bowgen, K., Stillman, R.A. and Herbert, R.J.H., 2015. Predicting the effect of invertebrate regime shifts on wading birds: Insights from Poole Harbour, UK. Biological Conservation, 186, 60-68.
- Liu, Y., Webber, S., Bowgen, K., Schmaltz, L., Bradley, K., Halvarsson, P., Abdelgadir, M. and Griesser, M., 2013. Environmental factors influence both abundance and genetic diversity in a widespread bird species. Ecology and Evolution, 3 (14), 4683-4695.
- Griesser, M., Ma, Q., Webber, S., Bowgen, K. and Sumpter, D.J.T., 2011. Understanding animal group-size distributions. PLoS One, 6 (8), e23438.
- Herbert, R.J.H., Davies, C., Bowgen, K., Hatton, J. and Stillman, R.A., 2016. The impact of wild settlement of the Pacific oyster Crassostrea gigas on benthic macroinvertebrates and bird feeding behaviour. Peterborough: Natural England.
- International Wader Study Group, Using individual-based models to predict the effects of environmental change on wading birds, 1 October 2015, Ásbrú, Estonia
- International Wader Study Group, Quantifying the pressures placed on wading birds by environmental change and the role of predictive modelling, 26 September 2014, Haapsalu, Estonia
- International Wader Study Group, Predicting the effect of invertebrate regime shifts on waders, 24 September 2013, Wilhelmshaven, Germany
- Bird Ringing Licence in C Permit (British Trust for Ornithology, 2010)
- BSc (Hons) in Zoology (University of Nottingham, 2006)
- MSc in Wild Animal Biology (Institute of Zoology / Royal Veterinary College, 2007)