Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:Close
Karen qualified as a registered nurse (adult) in 1978 having a range of clinical experiences. Karen first linked with Bournemouth University as a Lecturer Practitioner a joint appointment with Bournemouth and Christchurch NHS Trust
My PhD focuses on practice assessment The aim of the study is to gain a deeper understanding of the assessment experience in nursing from both the students’ and mentors’ perspective within the context of the clinical setting.
- Phillips, J., Cooper, K., Rosser, E., Scammell, J., Heaslip, V., White, S., Donaldson, I., Jack, E., Hemingway, A. and Harding, A., 2015. An exploration of the perceptions of caring held by students entering nursing programmes in the United Kingdom: A longitudinal qualitative study phase 1. NURSE EDUCATION IN PRACTICE, 15 (6), 403-408.
- Cooper, K., 2014. The role of Sign-off Mentor in the community setting. British Journal of Community Nursing, 19 (4), 192-196.
- Ryden, J., 2013. Understanding Vulnerability - A nursing and healthcare approach. Wiley-Blackwell.
- White, S., stainer, L., Cooper, K. and Waight, S., 2018. Academic Advising For Success: The Role of the Academic Adviser on a pre-registration nursing programme. In: UK Advising and Tutorial conference 2017 5-6 April 2017 Leeds Trinity University.
- Glendening, N. and Cooper, K., 2017. ‘Mobile phone addiction and multi-tasking: Should we ban mobile phones in the classroom?”’. In: NET Conference 2017 5-6 September 2017 University of Cambridge.
- Scammell, J., Rosser, E., Hemingway, A., Phillips, J., Cooper, K., Heaslip, V., White, S. and Donaldson, I., 2015. Nurturing caring values in pre-registration nurse education: a qualitative longitudinal study. In: STTI Honours Nursing Society Biennium Conference 8-12 November 2015 Las Vegas, USA.
- Heaslip, V., Cooper, K. and Ryden, J., 2014. Why Understanding the Lived Experience of Vulnerability is Fundamental to Exploring the Value Base of Care. In: NET/NEP 5th International Nurse Education Conference 22-25 June 2014 Noordwijkerhout, Netherlands.
- Rosser, E., Hemingway, A., Harding, A., Cooper, K., Donaldson, I., Heaslip, V., Jack, E., Phillips, J., Scammell, J. and White, S., 2013. Do students enter nursing programmes with a caring disposition? An exploration of the qualities and values held by students entering pre-registration nursing in one English University. In: 24th International Networking for Healthcare Education 3-5 September 2013 Cambridge, UK.
- Phillips, J., Cooper, K., Rosser, E., Scammell, J., Heaslip, V., White, S., Donaldson, I., Hemingway, A., Jack, E. and Harding, A., 2013. To explore the impact of a humanising curriculum on new nursing recruits' personal beliefs about the core values of nursing. In: 24th International Networking for Healthcare Education 3-5 September 2013 Cambridge, UK.
- Rosser, E., Hemingway, A., Harding, A., Cooper, K., Donaldson, I., Heaslip, V., Jack, E., Phillips, J., Scammell, J. and White, S., 2013. Putting patients at the heart of nursing care: an exploratory study of student values entering pre-registration nursing in one UK University. In: Inaugural Phi Mu Chapter conference 20-21 June 2013 Bournemouth UK.
- Phillips, J. and Cooper, K., 2009. An evaluation of an assessment strategy used to grade the practice of pre-registration undergraduate nursing students in the United Kingdom: identifying and responding to the challenges. In: 21st International Networking for Healthcare Education, 8-10 September 2009 Cambridge, UK.
- Scammell, J., Heaslip, V., Phillips, J. and Cooper, K., 2009. Assessment of Practice in Pre-Registration Undergraduate Nursing Programmes. Phase 2 Evaluation: Survey of students’ and mentors’ experiences of grading student competence in practice.. Bournemouth: Bournemouth University.
- Huddersfield University, External Examiner (2010-2015)