Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:Close
I am a Senior Fellow of the HEA with a varied, flexible skill set which includes the ability to teach, inspire and motivate. I am strategically minded coming from an industry background in Project Management with an in-depth knowledge of HE and exceptional understanding and empathy at many levels. Roles have included Framework Leadership, working strategically at a senior management level, working across the institution including the SU focusing on the student voice, championing the employability and student experience agendas and being a founding member of BU’s Centre for Excellence in Learning (CEL). I proudly excel where student feedback is concerned and am recognised for being intrinsically pedagogically driven where teaching excellence, the student experience and their preparation for the world of work are my strengths.
- Nyman, S.R., Goodwin, K., Kwasnicka, D. and Callaway, A., 2016. Increasing walking among older people: A test of behaviour change techniques using factorial randomised N-of-1 trials. PSYCHOLOGY & HEALTH, 31 (3), 313-330.
- Goodwin, K. and Ingham, S., 2015. Employability, an English Institute of Sport (EIS) perspective. The Sport and Exercise Scientist, Winter (46), 28-29.
- Goodwin, K., 2014. Professional and vocational qualifications considered essential or desirable for the sport and exercise scientist. The Sport and Exercise Scientist, 42, 8-9.
- Goodwin, K., 2014. Enterprise for All? The Sport and Exercise Scientist, 24-25.
- Smith, P. and Goodwin, K., 2013. Unemployed graduates guilty of 'job snobbery' are missing out on opportunities. The Sport and Exercise Scientist, 22-23.
- James, D. and Goodwin, K., 2013. Recognising the co-curriculum: the HEAR has arrived. The Sport and Exercise Scientist, 20-21.
- Goodwin, K., 2012. Higher Education and the Employability Agenda - Sport and Exercise Science leading the way. The Sport and Exercise Scientist, 18-19.
- Goodwin, K. and Boyce, P., 2009. Inactivity and the modern workforce - how this affects your business performance. Changeboard.com, 8 December 2009.
- Goodwin, K. and Boyce, P., 2009. Keeping the workforce healthy may not be an employer's duty, but it's certainly in their own interests. H R Magazine, 9 November 2009.
- Goodwin, K., 2009. Research into the physical burden of drivers and co drivers in top level motor sport. Professional Motorsport World, December, 60-62.
- Goodwin, K., 2008. Online Conferencing to facilitate constructive alignment in Sports Event Management. LINK, 24-26.
- Dunbar, J. and MacLean, J.A., 2004. The National Sports First Aid Course Handbook. London: Sports Coach UK.
- Goodwin, K., 2009. Motor Sport Research Group. Rallye Sunseeker Official programme 2009. Poole, England: Rallye Sunseeker.
- Goodwin, K., 2013. 10th British Association of Sport and Exercise Science (BASES) 10th Heads of Department Forum,The Rose Bowl, Leeds May 2013. In: 10th British Association of Sport and Exercise Science (BASES) 10th Heads of Department Forum 23 May 2013 Rose Bowl, Leeds.
- Goodwin, K. and Jones, I.M., 2011. The heart of the student experience. Meeting consumer (student) expectations in the face of increasing tuition fees. Proven strategies to enhance student satisfaction. In: BU Education Enhancement Conference 4 May 2011 Bournemouth University, Poole, England.
- Goodwin, K., 2011. The Physiological Impact of Motor Sport Racing: Gravel Rally. In: The Second International Video Conference of Bournemouth University (UK) and Institute for Tourism Studies (Macao): 31 March 2011 Bournemouth University, Poole, England.
- Goodwin, K., 2009. Using formative feedback, asynchronous discussion boards and recognition to develop the creative, confident and inspired learner. In: Hospitality Leisure Sport and Tourism Network Annual Conference: Assessment and Feedback - What's the Answer? 12 November 2009 St. Hugh's College, Oxford.
Profile of Teaching UG
- Unit Lead: Applied Physiology Level 6 Option Unit
- Unit Lead. Exercise Physiology Level 5. Core 20 credit unit
- The Human Machine
- Applied Physiology
- Exercise Physiology
- Invited to present at the BASES Heads of Department Forum about the introduction of the Higher Education Achievement report (HEAR) and its implications for sport and HE.
- I have been invited by BASES to present because of my work in the area of student employability and professional practice. The objective of the forum is to bring together leaders in sport and exercise science to informally discuss key issues in academia. It has been agreed that employability in sport and exercise science should be a key feature of all bachelors and masters courses and should feature at the HoDs Forum.
- Sport Specific First Aid - Kings College London
- Nutrition in Sport - William Morris Academy London (twice)
- British Association of Sport and Exercise Science Editorial Board, Editorial Board (2012-)
Public Engagement & Outreach Activities
- As part of the Applied Physiology Unit students are afforded opportunites to develop employability related skills applicable to industry. For the first time a group of older adults up to age 90, all cancer survivors attended the Sports Peformance Laboratory and students engaged in testing protocols currently being used to assess health and well being in these special populations
- As part of the Applied Physiology Unit students are responsible for evaluating a sport to determine the physiological needs. Based upon these needs, students design a bespoke laboratory based physiological assessment which they apply in practice testing elite athletes. Feedback is then provided to each athlete on an individualised basis
- ISAK Level One in Anthrompetric assessment (International Standards for Anthropometric Assessment, 2013)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education in Teaching qualification - FE and HE (Bournemouth University, 2004)
- Level 2 Certificate in Gym Instructing in Gym instruction (Active IQ, 2006)
- Introduction to Counselling Skills in Counselling (Bournemouth University, 2006)
- Manual Handling Train the Trainer in Manual Handling (Osteopaths for Industry Ltd, 2005)
- National Sports First Aid Tutor in Sports First Aid (Hampden National Stadium, 2012)
- National Sports First Aid Certificate in Sports First Aid (Hampden National Stadium, 2012)
- Diploma in International Beauty Therapist (International Health and Beauty Council, 1998)
- MSc in Human and Applied Physiology (King's College London, 2000)
- BSc (Hons) in Sports Science (University of Portsmouth, 1998)
- SU You're Brilliant Award. Students wrote: "Kelly is one of the few lecturers who shows such enthusiasm for their job. She is very student orientated, always encouraging the best out of us even when we may not think it is possible. Kelly always goes above and beyond to help others and it has been an honor having her as a lecturer" (BU SU, 2016)
- SU You're Brilliant Award. Students wrote: "Kelly is brilliant for her great exercise physiology unit, fantastic communication and organisation skills, enthusiasm for the subject and dedication" (BU SU, 2015)
- BU SU You're Brillaint Award. The students wrote the following: "Kelly has given students excellent lectures consistently throughout the year which has provided us with knowledge of things we never knew existed. She made the course very interactive and interesting though the use of practical laboratory sessions and also provided us with the opportunity to take part in a variety of qualifications that could boost our CV and possible employment" (Bournemouth University Student Union (SU). This is an award for recognition by the students, 2013)
- You're brilliant award (Bournemouth University SU - awarded by the students, 2012)
- Management Certificate of Excellence (Air Marketing International, 2000)
- Management Certificate of Excellence (Air Marketing International, 1999)
- Top Divisional Turnover (Air Marketing International, 1999)
- Top Field Team (Air Marketing International, 1999)
- Divisional Team Leader (Air Marketing International, 1999)
- Greatest Contribution to Group Cohesion (Porstmouth University, 1998)
- Awarded by King's College London (Colt Foundation Scholarship)
- British Association of Sport and Exercise Science, Probationary sport and exercise scientist (2012-),
- British Association of Sport and Exercise Science, Member (2003-),
- British Association of Sport and Exercise Science Editorial Board, Education and Professional Practice (2012-),
- BU Education Excellence Staff Development Programme, Education Excellence (2012-),
- BU Quality and Enhancement Group, Member (2009-),
- BU School of Tourism Academic Standards Committee, Member (2012-),
- BU School of Tourism Education Excellence Working Group, Education Excellence Working Group (2012-),
- BU Student Experience and Feedback Working Group, Student Experience and Feedback Working Group,