Back to top
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:Close
- Thomas, G.C., Howe, K. and Keen, S., 2011. Supporting black and minority ethnic students in practice learning. Journal of Practice Teaching and Learning, 10 (3), 37-54.
- Keen, S., Howe, K., Henry, M. and Renshaw, K., 2009. Quality in practice: Managing conflict and the emotional side of practice. Community Care, 32.
- Fenge, L.-A., Howe, K., Hughes, M. and Thomas, G., 2014. The Social Work Portfolio A Guide for Students. McGraw-Hill Education (UK).
- Howe, K. and Gray, I., 2013. Effective Supervision in Social Work. London: Sage.
- Howe, K., 2016. Managing the personal: from surviving to thriving in social work practice. In: Keen, S., Galpin, D. and Parker, J., eds. Newly Qualified Social Workers – a handbook for Practice. London: Sage.
- Howe, K., 2009. Managing the personal: from surviving to thriving in social work practice. In: Keen, S., Galpin, D., Gray, I. and Parker, J., eds. Newly Qualified Social Workers – a handbook for Practice. Exeter: Learning Matters.
- Howe, K., 2015. Resilience in Social Work. In: Practice Learning Conference 2015 Bournemouth University.
- Howe, K., 2008. Supporting Black and Ethnic Minority Students in Practice Learning. In: National Practice Learning Conference July 2008 Birmingham.
- Howe, K., 2008. Supporting Black and Ethnic Minority Students in Practice Learning. In: Regional good practice conference September 2008 Gloucester.
- Howe, K., 2007. Working with conflict in practice learning. In: Regional Practice teacher workshop June 2007 Bournemouth.
- Keen, S., Howe, K., Gray, I., Parker, J. and Immins, T., 2007. Tracking the learning and development needs of newly qualified social workers. In: 9th Joint Social Work Education Conference 11-13 July 2007 University of Wales, Swansea.
- Howe, K., 2006. Crossing Boundaries of “inner” and “outer” Groups. In: European Groupwork Symposium 2006 York.
- Howe, K., 2006. Raising Awareness of Young People being Abused through Prostitution. In: European Groupwork Symposium 2006 York.
- Howe, K., 2006. Working with conflict in practice learning. In: Regional Practice teacher workshop October 2006 Bournemouth.
- Howe, K., 2004. The role of practice learning in the new degree. In: Practice Learning conference 2004 Bournemouth.
- Learning Hubs project (Bournemouth Dorset and Poole LRN, 01 Jan 2009). Completed
- Development of practice project (Skills for Care, 01 Jan 2008). Completed
- Supporting BME student project (Skills for Care, 01 Jan 2007). Completed
- University of Bedfordshire, External Examiner MA Social Work (2010-2014)
- Southampton, Member of sub board for Practice teacher award (2004-)
- Acting Academic Head, Social Work and Learning Disabilities
- Programme Leader, B.A. (Hons) Social Work
- Unit Lead, BA and MA Social work unit; Use of Self; Theory and Practice
- Lead, Professional Practice units
- Lead, Professional Supervision and Leadership units.
- Certificate of Qualification in Social Work (NE London Polytechnic, 1978)
- PGCE in Education (University of Greenwich, 2000)
- GSCC in Practice Teacher Award (University of Southampton, 2002)
- BA (Hons) in Sociology with Professional Studies (NE London Polytechnic, 1978)
- MA in Management and Professional Studies (University of Southampton, 2004)
- Joint winner of ‘Outstanding Contribution to teaching award’ (Bournemouth University, 2008)
- Institute of Teaching and Learning (HEA), Fellow (2004-),
The data on this page was last updated at 04:12 on February 24, 2018.