Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:Close
As Senior Lecturer in Midwifery in the School of Health & Social Care, my focus is on leading and supporting the development of learning, teaching and assessment praxis through programme leadership in the undergraduate midwifery programme, post-registered programmes for midwives and CPD route for Master's Level students.
My particular areas of expertise centre around newborn issues and in particular Examination of the Newborn.
My area of scholarship is around preterm infants and I am currently undertaking my doctoral studies around women's experiences of caring for late preterm infants.
- Warren, A., Hughes, M., Fry, J. and Cescutti-Butler, L., 2017. Involvement in midwifery education: Experiences from a service user and carer partnership. British Journal of Midwifery, 25 (8), 524-530.
- Ireland, J., Minesh, K., Cescutti-Butler, L., van Teijlingen, E. and Hewitt-Taylor, J., 2016. Experiences of fathers with babies admitted to neonatal care units: A review of the literature. Journal of Neonatal Nursing, 22 (4), 171-176.
- Cescutti-Butler, L., 2013. Examination of a newborn: whose job - midwife or doctor? You decide..... MIDIRS Midwifery Digest, 23 (4), 512-515.
- Cescutti-Butler, L., 2010. Labor and Delivery Nursing. A Guide to Evidence-based Practice. JOURNAL OF CLINICAL NURSING, 19 (11-12), 1763.
- Cescutti-Butler, L., 2009. Eliciting Parental Views Regarding Early Discharge to Home Care for Premature Infants. Infant, 5, 23-37.
- Cescutti-Butler, L., 2008. The Benefits of Kangaroo Care Swedish-Style. Infant, 4, 42.
- Cescutti-Butler, L. and Galvin, K.T., 2003. Parents' Perceptions of Staff Competency in a Neo-natal Intensive Care Unit. Journal of Clinical Nursing, 12, 752-761.
- Cescutti-Butler, L. and Fisher, M., 2015. The Hands-on Guide to Midwifery Placements. John Wiley & Sons.
- Cescutti-Butler, L., 2015. Student Electives. In: Cescutti-Butler, L.D. and Fisher, M., eds. The Hands-on Guide to Midwifery Placements. Wiley Blackwell.
- Cescutti-Butler, L., 2017. “Is it 2 breastfeeds and then a bottle, or is it one breastfeed and a bottle? Not sure”? Women’s experiences of breastfeeding their Late Preterm Babies. In: Nutrition and Nurture in Infancy and Childhood: Bio-Cultural Perspectives 12-14 June 2017 Grange over Sands, Cumbria.
- Cescutti-Butler, L.D., 2013. Examination of a newborn: whose job - midwife or doctor? You decide.... In: Skrb Za Dravje In Otrok 19 April 2013 Catez, Slovenia. Nurses and Midwives Association.
- The experiences of delivery for mothers of pre term babies (supervisor: Ann Hemingway)
Profile of Teaching PG
- Unit Leader - Examintation of the Newborn (CPD, Post-registration, Levels H & M)
Profile of Teaching UG
- Teaching & Learning. Across all midwifery modules (Levels C, I & H)
- Unit Leader - Labour and Birth (C) on pre-registration midwifery programme
- Salisbury NHS Trust Foundation Hospital, Forum Leader and Coordinator
- Moderate a forum on a social networking site for midwives both nationally and internationally who undertake (Examination of the Newborn (EXON)
- Member of Special Interest Education Group (SIEG) and Network of Neonatal Nurse Researchers (N3R) (2010)
- BLISS: User involvement participant (2012)
- Committee Member: Royal College of Obstetrics and Gynaecology - Preterm Clinical Study Group (2012)
- Annual Midwives Conference, 19 April 2013, Catez, Slovenia
- Maternity, Midwifery & Baby, 20 June 2014, London
- ENB998 in Teaching and Assessing (Bournemouth University, UK, 1998)
- ENB405 in Neonatal Intensive Care (Southampton University, UK, 1996)
- Registered Midwife in Midwifery (Epsom General Hospital, Surrey, 1990)
- Registered General Nurse in Nursing (Addington Hospital, Durban, South Africa, 1982)
- PG Dip in Professional Education (Bournemouth University, 2005)
- MA in Interprofessional Health and Social Care (Bournemouth University, 2001)
- Association of Improvement Maternity Services (AIMS), Member (2013-),
- British Maternal and Fetal Medicine Society (BMFMS), Member (2012-),
- Nursing and Midwifery Council, Registered Midwife (1988-),
- Royal College of Midwives, Member (1995-),