Back to top
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:Close
- Gee, M., 2017. Comics Inside Out: An Interview with Elena Vitagliano. East Asian Journal of Popular Culture, 3 (1).
- Gee, M., 2016. “Rediscovering our Humanity - How the posthuman noir anime, Darker Than Black, subverts the tropes of film noir to reaffirm a humanist agenda.”. Cinema: Journal of Film and Philosophy, 7, 131-148.
- Gee, M., 2015. It’s Alive: An Introduction to Writing for the Screen. FOCUS, British Science Fiction Association Magazine for Writers, 18-26.
- Art Science Fiction was a day of lectures given by creative practitioners around the topic of art and science fiction organised by British Art Show 8, Leeds Beckett University and Leeds Art Gallery. My lecture titled, Cracking the Posthuman Program: Rediscovering Humanity through ‘Art,’ explored my PhD screenplay Hydrangea, posthuman noir and my research from the 2015 Japanese Society for the Promotion of Science Summer Fellowship.
- Postgraduate Symposium, Department of Theatre, Film and Television - Exploring Conceptual and Creative Practices in Theatre, Film and Television, The Creative Process in Adaptation: Investigating Ian Watson’s unproduced A.I: Artificial Intelligence scenes., 02 Jun 2014, University of York
- Current Research in Speculative Fiction Conference, Redrawing what it is to be Human: How posthuman characters rediscover their humanity through unreliability in Tensai Okamura’s Darker Than Black., 20 Jun 2014, Gateway Conference Centre, Liverpool (organised by University of Liverpool)
- Screenwriting Research Network Conference, Contemporary Japanese Screenwriting: Reflections on interviews conducted under the JSPS summer research fellowship., 10 Sep 2015, Senate House, University of London
- Current Research in Speculative Fiction Conference, "If something stinks put a lid on it, don’t see it": Self-censorship and the brave new world of Psycho Pass., 27 Jun 2016, University of Liverpool
- BAFTSS Conference, Creating Posthuman Noir: Exploring Definers of the ‘Human’ Through Genre and Creative Practice., 20 Apr 2017, University of Bristol
- Hardboiled History: A Noir Lens on America's Past, Not so Damned Dames: How Posthuman Noir subverts traditional film noir tropes in Ex_Machina, 19 May 2017, University of Warwick
The data on this page was last updated at 04:11 on January 21, 2018.