Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:Close
Pearl Morrison has brought to the School of Tourism her experience gained in the private and public sector in Marketing; Corporate, Sports & Arts Events; Crisis Management and Conferencing. Having studied Business with Leisure and Events Management in Ireland and the UK and with post-graduate studies at Cardiff Business School with a Diploma in Marketing from the Chartered Institute of Marketing and a PG Cert in Education. Pearl brings extensive industry experience to the student learning environment.
Pearl joined BU in 2008 and currently teaches across the BA (Hons) Events Management & BA (Hons) Leisure Marketing on the Innovation and Events Management units and is Year tutor for First Year Events Management Students.
Her interests include driving innovative changes to the curriculum to enhance the student experience and improve student employability. She works with external organisations on Consultancy Reports, Dragons’ Den new product development presentations and co-ordinates volunteer opportunities for students throughout their studies at Bournemouth University... She also is Unit Tutor on the dynamic live event unit co-ordinating students organising events in the local area for external clients while developing and fostering links with external organisations to keep the programme as up to date as possible.
She is interested in pedagogic research on developing innovative assessment to engage with external organisations to improve student motivation and engagement.
She has recently signed up for a Phd investigating place, identity and diaspora in Irish cultural events undergoing an Ethnographic study at cultural events in the Ireland and the US.more
- Morrison, P., 2018. LSA 2015 My PhD Journey so far: investigating Irish Diaspora at Irish Cultural events in the US and Ireland. In: LSA Conference 7-9 July 2015 Bournemouth University.
- Morrison, P., 2014. LSA 2014 Sport, Festivity and Digital Cultures. University of West Scotland. In: LSA 2014 7-9 July 2014 Scotland.
- Morrison, P., 2013. Making Waves International Conference on Events and 10th AEME Forum Bournemouth University 3rd-5th July 2012. In: Making Waves International Conference 3-5 July 2013 Bournemouth.
- Fox, D. and Morrison, P., 2010. The introduction of a learning innovation to enhance the employability of event management students: an action research study. In: Global Events Congress IV: Events and Festivals Research: State of the Art 14-16 July 2010 Leeds, England.
- Moital, M. and Morrison, P., 2009. Using ‘real’ tasks and real organisations to improve student learning and motivation. In: 7th AEME Events Management Educators Forum: “Continuing Professional Development or Continuing to Develop the Professionals?” 18-19 June 2009 University of Huddersfield, Huddersfield, United Kingdom.
Profile of Teaching PG
- Event Management, Innovation
Profile of Teaching UG
- Event Innovation
- Events Management
- Fellow in Education (Higher Education Academy, 2013)
- Master of Science in Events Management (Bournemouth University, 2013)
- PG Cert in Education (2009)
- Diploma in Marketing in Marketing (2002)
- MBA in Cardiff Business School (1996)
- BA (Hons) in Business and Leisure Management (1993)
- Royal Geographical Society, Member (2015-),