Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:Close
Nick joined the academic staff at Bournemouth in 2010 directly from a lengthy and varied career as a freelance TV and theatre Producer and Director. He has directed and/or produced everything from drama, documentary and factual entertainment for all the major networks through corporate films and promotions to workout tapes, both in the studio and on location. This amounts to well over 100 programmes amongst which perhaps the best known titles have been The Antiques Roadshow, Top Gear, Doctors, Gardeners' World, Location, Location, Location, Return to Tuscany and The One Show.
Prior to his freelance work he was on staff at the BBC as a Studio Manager in Radio and then Assistant Producer and Producer in Television Presentation where he directed both BBC1 & 2 networks as well as making on-screen promotions..
His eclectic career has also included writing, producing and directing for the theatre, specifically new writing and the classics. He has run two theatre companies, his own FOD Productions (of which he was founder and Artistic Director) and Bristol's award-winning Show of Strength Theatre Company of which he was joint Artistic Director... Two of his plays have been produced professionally.
He is also a commercially-endorsed RYA Yachtmaster and Cruising Instructor.more
- Bamford, N., 2016. Looking in a Mirror or Through a Window: Mainstream Audiences and Gay Men Portrayed in Film and Television. In: ASPERA 4-7 July 2016 Canberra, Australia.
- Bamford, N., 2016. East is East and West is West - a literary and historical view from the perspective of Madame Butterfly. In: Cross-Cultural Communication Conference 28-29 January 2016 Bangkok.
- Bamford, N., 2013. "From Madame Butterfly to Miss Saigon: political and practical uses and abuses of a story ". In: JMComm 28-29 October 2013 Thailand.
- Reclothing, Reconceptions and Variations: A study of intentions in adapting Madame Butterfly (supervisor: Helen Jacey)
Profile of Teaching PG
- Directing and Developing Story - Unit Leader
- MADDFT Approaches to Directng
Profile of Teaching UG
- Location Production
- BATV Graduate Project and Concept Development
- BATV Production 2
- Montclair Sate University
- University of Worcester, External Examiner (2016-2020)
- Farnborough College of Technology, External Examiner (2015-2019)
- Northampton University, PSR Validation panel member (2013-)
- University of Westminster, External Examiner (2012-2015)
- ASPERA 2016, Looking in a Mirror or Through a Window: Mainstream Audiences and Gay Men Portrayed in Film and Television, 5 July 2016, University of Canberra
- Cross Cultural Communication Conference, East is East and West is West - a literary and historical view from the perspective of Madame Butterfly, 28 January 2016, Bangkok
- JM Comm, From Madame Butterfly to Miss Saigon : Political and Practical Uses and Abuses of a Story, 28 October 2013, Phuket, Thailand
- MA in English Language & Literature (Christ Church, Oxford, 1974)
- Directors UK, Member,
- HEA, Fellow (2016-),