Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:Close
Dr Nicola De Martini Ugolotti is a lecturer in Sport and Physical Activity at Bournemouth University. He is member of Associazione Frantz Fanon in Turin, Italy, with which he has devised and enacted psycho-social interventions and social research on issues of health, embodiment and (forced) migration. His interdisciplinary research focuses on informal leisure and physical activities, and on the reciprocal constitution of bodies, places and subjectivities in contemporary contexts of migration, uneven urban (re)development, and social exclusion. His work has been published in Leisure Studies, Patterns of Prejudice, the International Journal of Sport Policy and Politics and the International Review for the Sociology of Sports.
- Owen, C. and De Martini Ugolotti, N., 2017. ‘Pra homem, menino e mulher’?: Problematizing the gender inclusivity discourse in capoeira. International Review for the Sociology of Sport.
- De Martini Ugolotti, N., 2017. ‘We are rolling and vaulting tonight’: sport programmes, urban regeneration and the politics of parkour in Turin, Italy. International Journal of Sport Policy and Politics, 1-16.
- De Martini Ugolotti, N., 2016. ‘If I climb a wall of ten meters’: capoeira, parkour and the politics of public space among (post)migrant youth in Turin, Italy. Patterns of Prejudice, 50 (2), 188-206.
- De Martini Ugolotti, N., 2015. Climbing walls, making bridges: children of immigrants’ identity negotiations through capoeira and parkour in Turin. Leisure Studies, 34 (1), 19-33.
- 13th Conference of the European Sociological Association, Contested Bodies in a Regenerating City: Post-Migrant Youth's Disputed Leisure and Contingent Citizenship in Turin, 28 Aug 2017, Athens
- Leisure Studies Association, Leeds, 4th-6th July 2017, Post-Migrant youth, parkour and the (contested) containment of difference in urban spaces of leisure, 04 Jul 2017, Leeds
- From Contested Cities to Global Urban Justice, CONTESTED BODIES, CONTESTED CITIES: (POST)MIGRANT YOUTH, CONTINGENT CITIZENSHIP AND THE POLITICS OF CAPOEIRA AND PARKOUR IN TURIN, ITALY, 04 Jul 2016, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid (Spain)
- Associazione Frantz Fanon, Torino, Clinical Psychologist; Social Reseacher (2007-), http://associazionefanon.it/index.php?option=com_content&view=frontpage&Itemid=1&lang=it
- European Sociological Association, Member (2017-),
- Leisure Studies Association, Member,