Dr Neetesh Saxena
- 01202 966698
- nsaxena at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
- Lecturer (Academic) in Cyber Security
- Poole House P420, Talbot Campus, Fern Barrow, Poole, BH12 5BB
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:Close
I am a Lecturer in Cyber Security within the Department of Computing and Informatics. Before joining BU, I was a Post-Doctoral Researcher in the School of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the Georgia Institute of Technology, USA. Prior to this, I was with the Department of Computer Science, The State University of New York (SUNY) Korea, South Korea as a Post-Doctoral Researcher and a Visiting Scholar at the Department of Computer Science, Stony Brook University, USA. I earned my PhD in Computer Science and Engineering from Indian Institute of Technology, Indore, India. In 2013-14, I was a Visiting Research Student and a DAAD Scholar at Bonn-Aachen International Center for Information Technology (B-IT), Rheinische-Friedrich-Wilhelms Universität, Bonn, Germany. I was also a TCS Research Scholar during Jan. 2012 - Apr. 2014. I work in the area of security and privacy. My current research interests include cyber security, cyber-physical system security in the smart grid and vehicle-to-grid, security and privacy in the cellular networks, securing end-to-end systems, and secure mobile applications... I'm an editorial member of Springer Plus, and a reviewer of several international journals and conferences, such as IEEE TMC, IEEE TC, IEEE SJ, IEEE TII, IEEE TME, WPC Springer, FGCS Elsevier, IEEE WOCN, IEEE ICUFN, etc. I also served as a TPC member of IEEE SmartGridCom’16, IEEE TrustCom’16, IEEE WiMob’16, IEEE PIMRC’16, IEEE/CIC ICCC’16, etc. I'm a member of IEEE and ACM.more
I am actively looking for good students or faculty members who are interested in doing a PhD (full time, 3-year) on security related topic from Bournemouth University, UK.
There are two schemes under which he/she can be admitted:
1) Match-funded PhD:
He/She can find a company that can pay 8000 pounds per year for three consecutive years. Bournemouth University will subsidise the remaining cost of the research. The subsidy from BU is worth up to £20,000, comprised of a fee waiver and the other half of the stipend.
It's a competitive call and the deadline is 30 Dec. 2016 to approach me.
2) Vice-Chancellor PhD scholarships: (at present call is closed, will open soon):
These scholarships only provide a fee waiver, they do not include a stipend to cover living expenses. As part of the application process, you will need to provide evidence that you can support yourself financially for the duration of your doctorate. He/she must be a sponsored candidate. The university will not provide any scholarship, but his/her fees will be waived. So, he/she must have some fund to support him/herself. Therefore, It is necessary that person has some money to cover living expenses.
Please contact me ASAP with updated CV, if you/your friend/colleague are interested in doing so. The PhD studentship will start from Sept... 2017. Note that IELTS (Academic) score of at least 6.5 (or equivalent) will be required for any candidate whose first language is not English.more
- Saxena, N. and Grijalva S., 2017. Dynamic Secrets and Secret Keys Based Scheme for Securing Last Mile Smart Grid Wireless Communication. IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, 13 (3).
- Saxena, N., Grijalva S, Chukwuka V and Vasilakos A, 2017. Network Security and Privacy Challenges in Smart Vehicle-to-Grid. IEEE Wireless Communications Magazine.
- Saxena, N. and Grijavla S, 2017. Efficient Signature Scheme for Delivering Authentic Control Commands in the Smart Grid. IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid.
- Saxena, N., Grijalva S. and Chaudhari N. S., 2016. Authentication protocol for an IoT-enabled LTE networks. ACM Transactions on Internet Technology, 16 (4).
- Saxena and Choi B J, 2016. Integrated Distributed Authentication Protocol for Smart Grid Communications. IEEE Systems Journal.
- Saxena and Choi B J, 2016. Authentication Scheme for Flexible Charging and Discharging of Mobile Vehicles in the V2G Networks. IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security, 11 (7), 1438-1452.
- Saxena, Choi B J and Lu R, 2016. Authentication and Authorization Scheme for Various User-Roles and Devices in Smart Grid. IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security, 11 (5), 907-921.
- Saxena and Choi B J, 2015. State of Art Authentication, Integration, and Access Control in Smart Grid. Energies, 8 (10), 11883-11915.
- Saxena and Chaudhari N S, 2015. ES-AKA: An Efficient and Secure Authentication and Key Agreement Protocol for UMTS Networks. Wireless Personal Communications: an international journal, 84 (3), 1981-2012.
- Saxena and Chaudhari N S, 2014. Secure-AKA: An Efficient AKA Protocol for UMTS Networks. Wireless Personal Communications: an international journal, 78 (2), 1345-1373.
- Saxena and Chaudhari N S, 2014. EasySMS: A Protocol for End-to-End Secure Transmission of SMS. IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security, 9 (7), 1157-1168.
- Saxena and Chaudhari N S, 2014. SecureSMS: A Secure SMS Protocol for VAS and Other Applications. Journal of Systems and Software, 90, 138-150.
- Saxena, N., Choi BJ and Grijalva S, 2017. Secure and Privacy-Preserving Concentration of Metering Data in AMI Networks. In: IEEE ICC 21-25 May 2017 Paris, France.
- Saxena, Choi B J and Cho S, 2015. Lightweight Privacy Preserving Authentication Scheme for V2G Networks in Smart Grid. In: IEEE International Conference Trust, Security and Privacy in Computing and Communications (TrustCom) 20-22 August 2015 Helsinki, Finland.
- Saxena and Chaudhari N S, 2015. Proposed Terminal Device for End-to-End Secure SMS in Cellular Networks. In: 10th Annual Symposium on Information Assurance (ASIA), Academic track of the 18th Annual NYS Cyber Security Conference 2-3 June 2015 Albany, NY, USA.
- Saxena and Chaudhari N S, 2013. An Integrated Approach for SMS Based Secure Mobile Banking in India. In: 29th Annual Computer Security Applications Conference (ACSAC) 9-13 December 2013 New Orleans, USA.
- Saxena and Chaudhari N S, 2013. First Symmetric Batch Verification Protocol for Securely Deliver Value Added Services to Multiple Mobile Users. In: 29th Annual Computer Security Applications Conference (ACSAC) 9-13 December 2013 New Orleans, USA.
- Saxena and Chaudhari N S, 2013. VAS-AKA: An Efficient Batch Verification Protocol for Value Added Services. In: IEEE International Conference on System, Man, and Cybernetics (SMC) 13-16 October 2013 Manchester, UK.
- Saxena and Chaudhari N S, 2013. NPA: Protocol for Secure Communications in GSM Cellular Network. In: 10th Annual IEEE Consumer Communications & Networking Conference (CCNC) 11-14 January 2013 Las Vagas, Navada USA. IEEE.
- Saxena, Chaudhari N S and Prajapati G L, 2012. An Extended Approach for SMS Security using Authentication Functions. In: 7th IEEE International Conference on Industrial Electronics and Applications (ICIEA) 18-20 July 2012 Singapore. IEEE, 663-668.
Profile of Teaching PG
- Cyber Security and Human Factor
- ACM, Member (2012-),
- IEEE, Member (2010-),