Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:Close
Dr Nigel L. Williams is the Senior Lecturer in Project Management at Bournemouth University and has previously worked at the University of Bedfordshire. Before joining academia, Nigel worked for 15 years as a Project Manager and Business Consultant for manufacturing organizations in the Caribbean Region. Nigel holds a PhD in Engineering from the University of Cambridge. He also holds a BSc in Mechanical Engineering and an MSc in Marketing from the University of the West Indies. His research interests include Project and Event Evaluation using Social Media, Festival Internationalization and Organizational Project Management.
- Latif, K.F. and Williams, N., 2017. Team effectiveness in Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) projects. EVALUATION AND PROGRAM PLANNING, 64, 20-32.
- Williams, N.L., Inversini, A., Ferdinand, N. and Buhalis, D., 2017. Destination eWOM: A macro and meso network approach? ANNALS OF TOURISM RESEARCH, 64, 87-101.
- Nanthagopan, Y., Williams, N.L. and Page, S., 2016. Understanding the nature of Project Management capacity in Sri Lankan non-governmental organisations (NGOs): A Resource Based Perspective. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF PROJECT MANAGEMENT, 34 (8), 1608-1624.
- Kwak, Y.H., Sadatsafavi, H., Walewski, J. and Williams, N.L., 2015. Evolution of project based organization: A case study. International Journal of Project Management, 33 (8), 1652-1664.
- Williams, N.L., Inversini, A., Buhalis, D. and Ferdinand, N., 2015. Community crosstalk: an exploratory analysis of destination and festival eWOM on Twitter. JOURNAL OF MARKETING MANAGEMENT, 31 (9-10), 1113-1140.
- Williams, N.L., Ferdinand, N. and Pasian, B., 2015. Online Stakeholder Interactions in the Early Stage of a Megaproject. PROJECT MANAGEMENT JOURNAL, 46 (6), 92-110.
- Williams, N., Ferdinand, N. and Croft, R., 2014. Project management maturity in the age of big data. International Journal of Managing Projects in Business, 7 (2), 311-317.
- Williams, N., Ridgman, Shi, Y. and Ferdinand, N., 2014. Internationalization as Interaction: A process perspective on internationalization from a Small Developing Country. Thunderbird International Business Review, 56 (2).
- Williams, N., Ferdinand, N. and Croft, R., 2014. Project Management Maturity in the Age of Big Data. International Journal of Managing Projects in Business, 7 (4).
- Williams, N., Ridgman, T., Shi, Y. and Ferdinand, N., 2014. Internationalization as Interaction: A process perspective on internationalization from a Small Developing Country. Thunderbird International Business Review, 56 (2), 127-144.
- Ferdinand, N. and Williams, N., 2013. International Festivals as Experience Production Systems,. Tourism Management, 34, 202-210.
- Williams, N. and Pasian, B., 2012. Editorial- Special Issue Organizational Project Management. Journal of Project Program and Portfolio Management, 3 (1).
- Williams, N., Ridgman, T. and Shi, Y., 2011. From Stages to Phases, A theory of Small Developing Country Internationalization. Advances in International Management, 24, 271-298.
- Page, S. and Connell, J., 2014. The Routledge Handbook of Events. London: Routledge.
- Williams, N.L., 2013. Foreword.
- Williams, N., 2013. Cultural and Technological Influences on Global Business.. IGI.
- Williams, N. and Ferdinand, N., 2014. Process Research Perspectives in International Business. Small States: An International Business Perspective. Emerald.
- Williams, N. and Ferdinand, N., 2013. Moderated Regression applications in Project Management. Research Perspectives in Project Management. Gower.
- Williams, N. and Ferdinand, N., 2013. Social Network Analysis: An application to Festival Impact Evaluation. Research Perspectives in Project Management. Gower.
- Williams, N. and Meier, B., 2013. Knowledge. In: McFadden, T., ed. Organizational Project Management. Project Management Institute.
- Williams, N. and Ferdinand, N., 2012. Event Staging. In: Page, S. and Connell, J., eds. The Routledge Handbook of Events.. Routledge.
- Williams, N., 2012. Event Project Management. In: Ferdinand, N., ed. Event Management: An International Approach. Sage, 70-94.
- Williams, N. and Ferdinand, N., 2010. Tourism Memorabilia and the Tourism Experience. In: Morgan, M., Lugosi, P. and Ritchie, B., eds. The Experience of Tourism and Leisure: Consumer and Managerial Perspectives. Channel View Publications.
- Inversini, A., Sage, R., Williams, N. and Buhalis, D., 2015. The Social Impact of Events in Social Media Conversation. In: Information and Communication Technologies in Tourism 2015 3-6 February 2015 Lugano, Switzerland. Springer, 283-294.
- Nanthagopan, Y., Williams, N. and Page, S., 2014. Theory Building on Project Management Capacity with the Resource Based Perspective: Multiple Case Study in Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) in Sri Lanka. In: Delivering Social Good Managing Projects in the Non Profit Sector 20-21 October 2014 Kemmy Business School Ireland.
- Williams, N., Inversini, A., Buhalis, D. and Ferdinand, N., 2014. Social Media and Festivals as Destination Marketing Tool: A study on Twitter Conversations. In: Academy of Marketing Conference 8-11 July 2014 Bournemouth.
- Williams, N. and Pinto, J., 2012. Country PM Maturity. In: Project Management Institute North American Congress 20-23 October 2012 Vancouver.
- Festival Impact Monitor (Bournemouth University, 02 Sep 2013). Awarded
Public Engagement & Outreach Activities
- Council Chair Organizational Project Management Community of Practice
- PhD in Engineering (University of Cambridge, 2010)
- MSc in Marketing (University of the West Indies, 2004)
- BSc (Hons) in Mechanical Engineering (University of the West Indies, 1996)
- AM2014 Events & Experiential Marketing Best Paper in Track Prize with co-authors Dr Nigel Williams, Dr Alessandro Inversini and Prof. Dimitrios Buhalis for Social Media and Festivals as Destination Marketing Tool: A study on Twitter Conversations sponsored by Wiley (Academy of Marketing, 2014)
- Journal Paper of the Year Award Second Place for "Community Crosstalk: An Exploratory Analysis of Destination and Festival EWOM (International Federation for IT and Travel Tourism, 2016)
- First Place Sustainable Development Faculty Competition (Bournemouth University Centre for Excellence in Learning and Education, 2016)
- Project Management Institute, Member (2004-), http://www.pmi.org/