Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:Close
Paul is a Demonstrator in Computing at Bournemouth University. As a former web developer, he specialises in teaching web technologies. His research interests focus around exploring ways of improving computing education by investigating innovative software-facilitated learning, modern technology, and teaching practice and methods that enhance student engagement and student outcomes. Examples of areas his work covers includes investigating ways to enhance students’ perceptions and understanding of computing, using innovative teaching methods for improving student engagement and using work-related content for real-world relevance, and use of Technology Enhanced Learning, as well as investigating other best practices and methods.
With a keen interest in seeing more research done around teaching computing and using computer technology for teaching Paul is a member of our Computing in Education Research Group (CERG) http://www.bournemouth.ac.uk/cerg which he proposed/founded and chaired for its first 2 years.
- Albinson, P., 2016. Enhancing Programming Lectures Using Interactive Web-Based Lecture Slides. In: Church, L., ed. 27th Annual Workshop of the Psychology of Programming Interest Group - PPIG 2016 7-10 September 2016 Cambridge, UK.
- Albinson, P., 2016. Exploring Student Engagement and Disengagement in University Education, Can Vocational Activities/Practice-Based Learning Help? In: The 21st Annual INSPIRE (International conference for Process Improvement, Research and Education) Conference 22 March 2016 Bournemouth, UK. London: BCS.
- Albinson, P., 2013. A review into the factors affecting declines in undergraduate Computer Science enrolments and approaches for solving this problem. In: Davies, P., ed. Inspire DEC Student Conference 2013 31 May 2013 Bournemouth University, Poole. Poole, England: Bournemouth University, 1-9.
Profile of Teaching UG
- Web Programming, Web Technology Integration, User-Centred Web Development, Application Programming, Relational Databases, Systems Analysis and Design
- BSc (Hons) in Computing and Internet Technology (Bournemouth University, 2007)
- MSc in Enterprise Information Systems (Bournemouth University, 2013)