Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:Close
Panos is a composer, sound designer, sound artist and music technologist. He is active as both performer and composer in a variety of fields, including electroacoustic composition and performance, sound installation, live-coding and sound recording. His work has been presented worldwide and is focusing on artefacts which combine urban soundscapes and recorded speech.
He joined Bournemouth University in January 2016, where he is a Lecturer in Music & Audio Technology. Panos has worked as a composer and sound designer for a number of short films and TV productions in the area of London.
Research interests/expertise include topics such as:
Composition focusing on recorded urban sound sources and DSP. Construction of storytelling in music. Acoustic ecology. The use of archival audio recordings in the creation of artworks. Oral history. Interactive installations. Analytical approaches to audio and video games. Pedagogy of music technology.
- Amelides, P., 2016. Acousmatic Storytelling. Organised Sound: an international journal of music and technology, 21 (3), 213-221.
- Amelidis, P. and Battey, B., 2016. Review of Cipriani Alessandro, and Giri Maurizio 'Electronic Music and Sound Design: Theory and Practice with Max/MSP'. Organised Sound: an international journal of music and technology.
- Hugill, A. and Amelides, P., 2016. Audio only computer games – Papa Sangre. In: Emmerson, S. and Landy, L., eds. Expanding the horizon of electroacoustic music analysis. Cambridge University Press.
- Amelides, P., 2016. Music composition and Greek political memory. In: Identities and Historical Memories in Greek Music Creativity 10-12 June 2013 Nicosia, Cyprus.
- Amelides, P., 2014. Universalising the acousmatics: storytelling and culture-specific works. In: Electroacoustic Music Studies Network Conference 10-14 June 2014 Berlin, Germany.
- Amelidis, P., 2012. The electroacoustic composer as historian. In: Sound, Sight, Space and Play 6-8 June 2012 Leicester.
- Amelidis, P., 2015. Acousmatic storytelling; A compositional approach. PhD Thesis. De Montfort University.
- Amelides, P.. Alexandros. Biennial for European Artists, Ancona, Italy. 6 June-31 July 2013.
- Amelides, P.. Stories of a tree. Selasia village, Southern Greece. 3 November 2013.
- Amelides, P.. Stories of a tree. Kakogiannis Foundation, Athens, Greece. 7 November 2013.
- Amelides, P.. Alexandros. CAMP Art Gallery, Athens, Greece. 23 September-6 October 2013.
- Amelides, P.. Live-electronics performance with Max/MSP software. OUNDkitchen Festival, Birmingham, UK. 3 March 2011.
- Amelides, P.. Live-coding performance with SuperCollider software. Metanast Festival, Manchester, UK. 3 July 2014.
- Amelides, P.. Forward, Stop, Rewind, Stop. Medialab Prado, Madrid, Spain. 28 November 2015.
- Amelides, P.. Digital drones: live-coding with SuperCollider. Lewisham Arthouse, London, UK. 5 March 2016.
- Amelides, P.. Ritual Attacks. Pixilerations New Media Festival, Brown University, USA.
- Amelides, P.. Ritual Attacks. International Computer Music Conference, Huddersfield, UK.
- Amelides, P.. Ritual Attacks. Royal Academy of Music, London, UK. 18 June 2012.
- Amelides, P.. Ritual Attacks. Stockholm, Sweden. 25 July 2012.
- Amelides, P.. Forward, Stop, Rewind, Stop. Leicester ,UK.
- Amelides, P.. Agoras_1. Leicester, UK.
- Amelides, P.. Agoras_1. Berling, Germany. 10 October 2013.
- Amelides, P.. Alexandros: a sonic portrait. Radio. Halle, Germany. 28 June 2013.
- Amelides, P.. The Golden Walnuts. Corfu, Greece. 15 June 2014.
- Amelides, P.. Olympic Games. Leicester. 22 October 2014.
- Amelides, P.. Forward, Stop, Rewind, Stop. Morelia, Mexico. 27 June 2014.
- Amelides, P.. Invited by Musique & Recherches organisation to curate a concert of electroacoustic works. Brussels. 23 February 2015.
- Amelides, P.. Olympic Games. Belfast. 25 April 2015.
Profile of Teaching UG
- Production Techniques 2, Creative Practices
- Digital Nights Festival
- Ionian University Summer Music Academy
- Sound, Sight, Space and Play, Narratological traces in Acousmatic Music, 8 June 2011, Leicester
- 1st Electroacoustic Music Analysis Symposium, Real world reference and the analytical process, 5 November 2011, Leicester
- 2nd Electroacoustic Music Analysis Symposium, Analyzing Merzbow’s Meattrapezoid, 29 February 2012, Leicester
- Fractured Narratives - Improvised sound and stories, Exploring the methexis: culture-specific storytelling and recorded sound, 25 April 2015, Belfast
- BA (Hons) in Musicology and Music Informatics (The Ionian University, 2009)
- MA in Electroacoustic composition & intreractive audio (The University of Manchester, 2010)
- PhD in Music, Technology and Innovation (De Montfort University, 2015)
- Hellenic Electroacoustic Music Composers Association, Senior Fellow (2011-),
- The Hellenic Society for Acoustic Ecology, Member (2012-),