Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:Close
Philip joined the Science and Technology Faculty as a PhD student in April 2014. After finishing degrees in electrical and mechanical engineering and in biomedical engineering, he completed clinical scientist training at the Clinical Measurements Laboratory of the Birmingham Community Healthcare NHS trust. He joined the UK Healthcare Professions Council as a registered clinical scientist in 2014.
His current project is being completed in conjunction with Chas A Blatchford and Sons Ltd, and involves the estimation of pressure distribution within the sockets of lower-limb amputees. In particular, this is looking at the potential for more sophisticated interpretation and analysis of the results from these measurements – for example recognition of alignment or terrain conditions, or by alerting users to clinical risks.
- Davenport, P., Noroozi, S., Sewell, P. and Zahedi, S., 2017. Systematic Review of Studies Examining Transtibial Prosthetic Socket Pressures with Changes in Device Alignment. JOURNAL OF MEDICAL AND BIOLOGICAL ENGINEERING, 37 (1), 1-17.
- Noroozi, S., Rahman, A.G.A., Dupac, M., Ong, Z.C., al-Attas, M.B.S.M. and Davenport, P., 2016. Condition monitoring and diagnostics of an extruder motor and its gearbox vibration problem. INSIGHT, 58 (2), 101-107.
- Davies, H.R., Davenport, P., Pratt, D. and Hughes, M., 2012. Double calibration for a Helen Hayes marker set. Gait and Posture, 36 (S1), S79.
- Davenport, P., Noroozi, S., Sewell, P. and Zahedi, S., 2017. Monitoring the suitability of the fit of a lower-limb prosthetic socket using artificial neural network in commonly encountered walking conditions. In: First World Congress on Condition Monitoring 2017 (WCCM 2017) 13-16 June 2017 ILEC Conference Centre, London, UK.
- Sewell, P., Noroozi, S., Davenport, P., Bascou, J., Villa, C. and Zahedi, S., 2016. Technological Innovations in prosthetic socket fitting – an external method to assess the residual limb/socket interaction. In: 20th National Scientifc Congress - ISPO France 17-18 November 2016 Lille, France.
- Davenport, P., Noroozi, S., Sewell, P. and Zahedi, S., 2016. Applying Ensemble Neural Networks to an Inverse Problem Solution to Prosthetic Socket Pressure Measurement.
- Davenport, 2015. Production of Normative Force-Time Graphs for Foot Regions using an In-Shoe Pressure Measurement System. In: ISPO UK Annual Scientific Meeting 4-5 October 2013 Blackpool.
- Davenport, P., Noroozi, S., Sewell, P. and Zahedi, S., 2015. A proposed system for automatic categorisation of lower-limb prosthesis alignment using Learning Vector Quantisation and an inverse problem pressure measurement approach. In: International Society for Prosthetics & Orthotics (ISPO) World Congress 2015 22-25 June 2015 Lyon, France.
- Davenport, P., Noroozi, S., Sewell, P. and Zahedi, S., 2015. Data Reduction Options for Pre-Processing Prosthetic Socket Pressure Distribution Data. In: Bournemouth University SciTech PGR Conference.
- Davenport, P., Noroozi, S., Sewell, P. and Zahedi, S., 2014. Clinical Importance of Measuring the Prosthetic Socket Interface in Transtibial Amputees. In: Bournemouth Univeristy DEC Conference.
- Davenport, P., Pratt, D. and Vadivelu, R., 2013. Lower Limb Marker Reconstruction Using Pattern Matching in VICON Nexus - Optimum Source Data. In: ESMAC 2013, Glasgow.
- Davies, H. and Davenport, P., 2012. Alignment of Plantar Pressure Data with 3D Foot Placement Data. In: MPEC 2012.
- MSc in Biomedical Engineering (University of Surrey, 2010)
- BEng (Hons) in Electrical and Mechanical Engineering (University of Edinburgh, 2009)
- Health and Care Professions Council, Member (2015-),
- Institute of Physics and Engineering in Medicine, Member (2014-),