Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:Close
Dr Sachiko Takeda is a Senior Lecturer in Global Corporate Social Responsibility at the Business School of Bournemouth University. She received her PhD from the University of Southampton in the subject of International Relations. Before joining BU in 2006, she worked as an external collaborator at the International Training Centre of the International Labour Organisation (ILO) in Turin, Italy, as an associate lecturer at Bunkyo University in Japan and as a researcher of East Timor at AICAT, a Hiroshima based NGO in Japan. Her research interests include human rights, especially workers' rights, corporate social responsibility and organisational behaviour.
- Liu, G., Ko, W.W.J., Ngugi, I. and Takeda, S., 2017. Proactive entrepreneurial behaviour, market orientation, and innovation outcomes A study of small- and medium-sized manufacturing firms in the UK. EUROPEAN JOURNAL OF MARKETING, 51 (11-12), 1980-2001.
- Chelghoum, A., Takeda, S., Wilczek, B. and Homberg, F., 2016. The challenges and future of trade unionism in Algeria: a lost cause? EMPLOYEE RELATIONS, 38 (3), 351-372.
- Liu, G., Eng, T.Y. and Takeda, S., 2015. An Investigation of Marketing Capabilities and Social Enterprise Performance in the UK and Japan. Entrepreneurship: Theory and Practice, 39 (2), 267-298.
- Takeda, S. and Homberg, F., 2014. The effects of gender on group work process and achievement: An analysis through self- and peer-assessment. British Educational Research Journal, 40 (2), 373-396.
- Liu, C., Takeda, S. and Ko, W.W., 2014. Strategic Orientation and Social Enterprise Performance. Nonprofit and Voluntary Sector Quarterly, 43 (3), 480-501.
- Takeda, S., 2012. Human rights education in Japan: An historical account, characteristics and suggestions for a better-balanced approach. Cambridge Journal of Education, 42 (1), 83-96.
- Takeda, S. and Secchi, D., 2015. Developing critical perspectives through case-oriented exercises. In: Education, P.F.R.M., ed. Inspirational Guide for the Implementation of Prme. Greenleaf Publications.
- Takeda, S. and Lamont, C., 2015. Curriculum development: engaging students in local charity/community projects. In: Education, P.F.R.M., ed. Inspirational Guide for the Implementation of Prme. Greenleaf Publications.
- Takeda, S., 2014. Human rights education in Japan. In: Kiwan, D., ed. Human Rights and Citizenship Education. Routledge.
- Takeda, S. and Lamont, C., 2014. Curriculum development: engaging students in local charity/community projects. Inspirational Guide for the Implementation of PRME: UK and Ireland edition. Greenleaf Publishing.
- Takeda, S. and Secchi, D., 2015. Socially and environmentally responsible organisations: Do they attract talents? In: BAM 8-10 September 2015 Portsmouth, UK.
- Takeda, S., Homberg, F. and Xian, H., 2015. Generation effects on Chinese work values: A comparison between the One-Child, Social Reform and Cultural Revolution Generations. In: EURAM 17-20 June 2015 Warsaw, Poland.
- Takeda, S. and Secchi, D., 2015. Home culture affects ethical and work values of MNC host country national employees: A cross-cultural study of Thailand, the UK and Japan. In: EURAM 17-20 June 2015 Warsaw, Poland.
- Vincent, J., Homberg, F. and Takeda, S., 2014. Motivation Crowding and Public Service Motivation: An Experimental Test. In: British Academy of Management 28th Annual Conference 9-11 September 2014 Belfast.
- Chelghoum, A., Takeda, S., Wilczek, B. and Homberg, F., 2014. Trade unionism in Algeria. In: British Academy of Management 28th Annual Conference 9-11 September 2014 Belfast.
- Takeda, S., Homberg, F. and Xian, H., 2013. Generation effects on Chinese work values. In: British Academy of Management Conference 10-12 September 2013 Liverpool, UK.
- Takeda, S., 2012. Increase of ‘service overtime’ compensation: Young Japanese workers and Japanese HRM. In: BAM 26th Annual Conference 11-13 September 2012 Cardiff, UK.
- Liu, G., Takeda, S. and Ko, J.. Market Orientation, Entrepreneurial Orientation and Social Enterprise Performance. In: Academy of Marketing 2012 Conference July 2012 Southampton, UK.
- Takeda, S., Homberg, F., Secchi, D. and Xian, H.. The impact of ethical relativism on U.K. and Thai employees in Japanese workplaces. In: 17th International Symposium on Ethics, Business and Societ 14-15 May 2012 Barcelona, Spain.
- Xian, H., Secchi, D., Homberg, F. and Takeda, S.. Gender and cultural influences on the acceptance of unethical behavior in the workplace. In: 17th International Symposium on Ethics, Business and Societ 14-15 May 2012 Barcelona, Spain.
Profile of Teaching PG
- Research Project
- Research Methods
- Contemporary Issues in the Global Business Environment (MBA)
- Managing People
- Contemporary Issues in International Trade
Profile of Teaching UG
- Research Project
- Global Responsibility and Sustainable Business Practice
- International Human Resource Management
- Contemporary Issues in Management
- Working in an International Context
- International Awareness and Management Ethics
- International Management
- Developing Women's Careers in Japan (British Academy/Leverhulme, 01 Jan 2016). Awarded
Public Engagement & Outreach Activities
- Trustee, Association for International Cooperation and Training
- PhD in International Relations (University of Southampton, 2005)
- British Academy of Management, Member,
- Higher Education Academy, Fellow,