Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:Close
My research examines the effects of political violence on people’s perception of risk, how these effect the movement of people, changes the perception towards others, effects business confidence, and I focus on the MENA region (with its wider implication).
- Morakabati, Y., Page, S.J. and Fletcher, J., 2017. Emergency Management and Tourism Stakeholder Responses to Crises: A Global Survey. Journal of Travel Research, 56 (3), 299-316.
- Morakabati, Y. and Beavis, J., 2017. Do Terrorist Attacks Leave an Identifiable ‘Fingerprint’ on International Tourist Arrival Data? International Journal of Tourism Research, 19 (2), 179-190.
- Morakabati, Y. and Kapuściński, G., 2016. Personality, Risk Perception, Benefit Sought and Terrorism Effect. International Journal of Tourism Research, 18 (5), 506-514.
- Morakabati, Y., Beavis, J. and Fletcher, J., 2014. To cite this article: Yeganeh Morakabati, John Beavis & John Fletcher (2014) Planning for a Qatar Without Oil: Tourism and Economic Diversification, a Battle of Perceptions, Tourism Planning & Development, 11:4, 415-434, DOI: 10.1080/21568316.2014.884978 Planning for a Qatar without Oil: Tourism and Economic Diversification, a battle of perceptions. Tourism Planning & Development., 11 (4), 415-434.
- Morakabati, Y., 2013. Tourism in the middle east: Conflicts, crises and economic diversification, some critical issues. International Journal of Tourism Research, 15 (4), 375-387.
- Morakabati,, Y., Fletcher, J. and Prideaux, B., 2012. Tourism development in a difficult environment: a study of consumer attitudes, travel risk perceptions and the termination of demand. Tourism Economics, 18 (5), 953-969.
- Morakabati, Y., 2010. Deterrents of tourism development in Iran. International Journal of Tourism Research.
- Fletcher, J. and Morakabati, Y., 2008. Tourism Activity, Terrorism and Political Instability within the Commonwealth: The cases of Fiji and Kenya. International Journal of Tourism Research, 10, 537-556.
- Webster, A., Fletcher, J., Hardwick, P. and Morakabati, Y., 2007. Tourism and Empirical Applications of International Trade Theory: A Multi-Country Analysis. Tourism Economics, 13, 657-674.
- Fox, D., Gouthro, M., Morakabati, Y. and Brackstone, J., 2014. Doing Events Research: From Theory to Practice. Routledge.
- Fletcher, J. and Morakabati, Y., 2014. The United Kingdom, in Encyclopaedia of Tourism. Encyclopaedia of Tourism. Sage.
- Petford, N., Fletcher, J. and Morakabati, Y., 2010. On the economics and social typology of volcano tourism with special reference to Montserrat, West Indies. Volcano and Geothermal Tourism: Sustainable Geo-Resources for Leisure and Recreation. 85-93.
- Morakabati, Y., Petford, N., Fletcher, J. and Morakabati, Y., 2010. On the economics and social typology of volcano tourism with special reference to Montserrat, West Indies. Volcano and geothermal tourism. London: Earthscan.
- SWISS UMEF- Kabul, Afghanistan, Adjunct Professor (2015-)
- Higher Education Academy, Fellow of the Higher Education Academy,