Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:Close
I enjoy analysing data and my focus has been around the MENA region and East Africa. Up to date my research has examined the effects of political violence on people’s perception of risk, how these affect the movement of people, changes the perception towards others and affects business confidence. My comfort with data means I can go beyond the description of geopolitical and historical understanding of the region. Yet, my regional background and knowledge means the test statistics are more than a methodology to me and go well beyond the text books. I bridge the two areas of understanding.
- Morakabati, Y., Page, S.J. and Fletcher, J., 2017. Emergency Management and Tourism Stakeholder Responses to Crises: A Global Survey. JOURNAL OF TRAVEL RESEARCH, 56 (3), 299-316.
- Morakabati, Y. and Beavis, J., 2017. Do Terrorist Attacks Leave an Identifiable "Fingerprint' on International Tourist Arrival Data? INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF TOURISM RESEARCH, 19 (2), 179-190.
- Morakabati, Y. and Kapuscinski, G., 2016. Personality, Risk Perception, Benefit Sought and Terrorism Effect. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF TOURISM RESEARCH, 18 (5), 506-514.
- Morakabati, Y., Beavis, J. and Fletcher, J., 2014. To cite this article: Yeganeh Morakabati, John Beavis & John Fletcher (2014) Planning for a Qatar Without Oil: Tourism and Economic Diversification, a Battle of Perceptions, Tourism Planning & Development, 11:4, 415-434, DOI: 10.1080/21568316.2014.884978 Planning for a Qatar without Oil: Tourism and Economic Diversification, a battle of perceptions. Tourism Planning & Development., 11 (4), 415-434.
- Morakabati, Y., 2013. Tourism in the middle east: Conflicts, crises and economic diversification, some critical issues. International Journal of Tourism Research, 15 (4), 375-387.
- Morakabati,, Y., Fletcher, J. and Prideaux, B., 2012. Tourism development in a difficult environment: a study of consumer attitudes, travel risk perceptions and the termination of demand. Tourism Economics, 18 (5), 953-969.
- Morakabati, Y., 2010. Deterrents of tourism development in Iran. International Journal of Tourism Research.
- Fletcher, J. and Morakabati, Y., 2008. Tourism Activity, Terrorism and Political Instability within the Commonwealth: The cases of Fiji and Kenya. International Journal of Tourism Research, 10, 537-556.
- Webster, A., Fletcher, J., Hardwick, P. and Morakabati, Y., 2007. Tourism and Empirical Applications of International Trade Theory: A Multi-Country Analysis. Tourism Economics, 13, 657-674.
- Fox, D., Gouthro, M., Morakabati, Y. and Brackstone, J., 2014. Doing Events Research: From Theory to Practice. Routledge.
- Fletcher, J. and Morakabati, Y., 2014. The United Kingdom, in Encyclopaedia of Tourism. Encyclopaedia of Tourism. Sage.
- Petford, N., Fletcher, J. and Morakabati, Y., 2010. On the economics and social typology of volcano tourism with special reference to Montserrat, West Indies. Volcano and Geothermal Tourism: Sustainable Geo-Resources for Leisure and Recreation. 85-93.
- Morakabati, Y., Petford, N., Fletcher, J. and Morakabati, Y., 2010. On the economics and social typology of volcano tourism with special reference to Montserrat, West Indies. Volcano and geothermal tourism. London: Earthscan.
- SWISS UMEF- Kabul, Afghanistan, Adjunct Professor (2015-)
- Higher Education Academy, Fellow of the Higher Education Academy,