Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:Close
Has worked in NHS Ambulance Services since 2002 starting his career in London, moving to Hampshire in 2012 to work with South Central Ambulance Service. Professionally supported toward a Diploma in Health Emergency Planning in 2014 enabled part-time study at Coventry University where he was awarded an MSc Degree in Emergency Planning and Management in 2017. Currently has numerous teaching responsibilities at BU as a fulltime lecturer since 2016 in the Paramedic Science team.
Profile of Teaching UG
- Paramedic Science Context 1- Level 4 teaching and skills input
- Paramedic Practice Portfolio 2- Level 5 Teaching and skills input
- Paramedic Practice Portfolio 1- Level 4 - teaching input
- Identifying Core Skills and Strategies for Hollistic Patient Treatment - Level 4 - Skills teaching
- Fundamentals of Acute Care- Level 4 - skills teaching
- Developing Advanced Paramedic Skills and Strategies- Level 5 teaching elements establishing and developing ECG recognition techniques and writing and facilitating an ECG exam preparing for curriculum changes to make the skills involved an ILO for future cohorts
- Pharmacology - BSc Paramedic Science - level 4 UG.
Public Engagement & Outreach Activities
- Introductoty lecture into the roles and responsibilities and duties of a UK NHS Ambulance Service at a major incident.
- In partnership with NHS Dorset Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) and the BU Primary Care Workforce Centre. Facilitating skills workshops after a generic introduction regarding study and career options as a Paramedic. The skills stations looked at numerous clinical skilss including elements of Advanced Life Support, IO infusion, Airway Managment. Rotating through small groups, enabling a brief introduction to various pieces of equipment and skills sets.
- Questionnaire Design Masterclass; Faculty of Health and Social Sciences, Bournemouth University, 23 Jan 2017, n/a
- IHCD Paramedic Course, 12 Jul 2009, BTEC level 4 Paramedic Practice
- MSc in Pending - Emergency Planning and Management (Coventry University, 2017)
- Dip HEP in Diploma Health Emergency Planning (Loughborough University, 2014)
- HCPC Health & Care Professions Council, Member (2009-), http://www.hcpc-uk.co.uk/