Dr Aurelia Butcher
- 01202 962165
- abutcher at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
- GP Programme Director
- Royal London House
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
I am a General Practitioner in Poole and a Programme Director at the Dorset GP Centre (Bournemouth University). I have a variety of other clinical and non-clinical roles relating to medical education and professional development.
I am also a mother to twin boys and enjoy various hobbies including sport and craft!
- Rutherford, Forde, E., Priego-Hernandez, J., Butcher, A. and Wedderburn, C., 2018. Using photography to enhance GP trainees' reflective practice and professional development. Medical Humanities, 44 (3), 158-164.
- Butcher, A., Jones, A., Forde, E. and Wedderburn, C., 2014. Supporting newly qualified GPs: an evolving education programme in Dorset. Education for Primary Care, 25 (6), 353-356.
Profile of Teaching PG
- Dorset GP Centre - GP Training Programme
- GP Training
- University of Southampton Medical School, Medicine in Practice 2: GP Small Group Facilitator (2017-)
- AMEE International Medical Education Conference, Dorset Locum Hub - supporting GP recruitment and retention, 26 Aug 2017, Helsinki, Finland
- MA in Medical Education (with Merit) (University of Winchester, 2017)
- MRCGP in General Practice (Royal College of GPs, 2011)
- DFSRH in Diploma of Sexual and Reproductive Health (Faculty of Sexual and Reproductive Health, 2010)
- DRCOG in Obstetrics & Gynaecology (Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, 2009)
- DOHNS in Otolaryngology, Head & Neck Surgery (Royal College of Surgeons of England, 2007)
- MRCS in Surgery (Royal College of Surgeons of England, 2006)
- MBBS in Medicine and Surgery (with Distinction) (Guys, Kings and St Thomas School of Medicine, Universtity of London, 2003)
- BSc (Hons) in Radiological Sciences (with First Class Honours) (Kings College London, 2000)