Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
Anneyce Knight is a Senior Lecturer in Adult Nursing. She has a substantial clinical background in nursing, having worked in a number of roles in the NHS, private and voluntary sector and, more recently, as a lecturer within Higher Education. She is passionate about the need for compassionate care, thereby enhancing the quality of patient care, particularly at end-of-life. Her primary research interests focus on Public Health and Wellbeing.
Prior to joining Bournemouth University, Anneyce was the Course Lead for the innovative Foundation Degree in Health and Social Care (clinical) for Associate Practitioners, a joint NHS and Southampton Solent University collaboration. Previously she was at the University of Greenwich where she held a number of positions including leading on the development of the BSc Health and Wellbeing, European Lead and Erasmus Co-ordinator for the School of Health and Social Care. She was a Credit for Learning Advisor, a role which involved providing support and development advice for organisations seeking academic credit rating for their training and education courses...
She has published and presented on a variety of public health and wellbeing issues, both nationally and internationally and been a visiting lecturer at several international universities.
She is delighted to use her broad wealth of knowledge and experience here at BU to inspire students and inform the student experience.more
- Knight, A. and Burdett, T., 2020. Achieving integrated care: the need for digital empowerment. Perspectives in Public Health.
- Mills, A., Ryden, J. and Knight, A., 2020. Juggling to find balance: hearing the voices of undergraduate nursing students. British Journal of Nursing.
- Hall, C., Cunningham, S. and Knight, A., 2019. Perspectives: Nursing education: from vision to action in a changing world. Journal of Research in Nursing, 24 (3-4), 265-270.
- Knight, A., 2018. From nurse to service-user: a personal cancer narrative. British Journal of Nursing, 27 (4), S18-S21.
- Knight,, A., 2018. Clinical Assessment in The Assessment of Pain in Older People: UK National Guidelines. Age and Ageing, 47 (1), i1-i22.
- Knight, A., 2018. From nurse to service user: A personal cancer narrative. British Journal of Nursing, 27 (4), S18-S21.
- La Placa, V. and Knight, A., 2017. The Emergence of Wellbeing in Late Modern Capitalism: Theory, Research and Policy Responses. International Journal of Social Science Studies.
- Pokorná, A, A. and Knight, A., 2015. Development Opportunities of Emotional Intelligence with reflective strategies using video-based training. Mefanet, 3 (2), 43-47.
- Knight, A., Parker, J., Carmichael, H., Esser, A. and Aspden, C., 2015. Shaping the future assistant/associate practitioner workforce; a Hampshire case study. British Journal of Healthcare Assistants, 9 (3), 144-149.
- Taylor, I., Conway, V. and Knight, A., 2014. Measuring and addressing pain in people with limited communication skills: The “I hurt help me" pain management project. Journal of Pain Management, 9 (3), 129-136.
- La Placa, V. and Knight, A., 2014. Wellbeing: its influence and local impact on public health. Public Health, 128 (1), 38-42.
- Knight, A. and La Placa, V., 2013. Healthy Universities: taking the University of Greenwich Healthy Universities Initiative forward. International Journal of Health Promotion and Education, 51 (1), 41-49.
- Knight, A., Benbow, W., Jordan, G. and White, S., 2019. A Handbook for Student Nurses: introducing key issues relevant for practice. Lantern Publishing.
- Knight, A., La Placa, V. and McNaught, A., 2014. Wellbeing: Policy and Practice. Lantern Publishing.
- Knight, A. and McNaught, A., 2011. Understanding Wellbeing An Introduction for Students and Practitioners of Health and Social Care. Lantern Publications.
- Knight, A., 2019. Public health and promoting health and wellbeing. A Handbook for Student Nurses; Introducing key issues relevant to practice. Lantern Publishing.
- Stachurová, D., Dobríková, P. and Knight, A., 2015. Ethical aspects of the care of hospitalized dying patients. Paliatívna medicína a liečba bolesti. Solen Medical Education.
- Knight, A., La Placa, V. and Schofield, P., 2014. The Wellbeing of Older People. Wellbeing: Policy and Practice. Lantern Publishing.
- La Placa, V. and Knight, A., 2014. Wellbeing: A New Policy Phenomenon. Wellbeing: Policy and Practice. Lantern Publishing.
- Knight, A., Stewart, J., Rhoden, M., Mehmet, N. and Baxter, L., 2014. Blue Space and Wellbeing. Wellbeing: Policy and Practice. Lantern Publishing.
- Knight, A. and Stewart, J., 2013. Long Term Care of the Elderly: a policy perspective (UK). Long Term Care of the Elderly. University of Paudabice.
- Stewart, J., Rhoden, M., Knight, A., Mehmet, N. and Baxter, L., 2013. Margate’s private rented sector: delivering housing enforcement and family support in a seaside town. Effective Strategies and Interventions; environmental health and the private housing sector. CIEH and University of Greenwich.
- Knight, A. and Khan, Q., 2011. Spirituality and Wellbeing. Understanding Wellbeing: an introduction for students and practitioners of health, social care and wellbeing. Reflect Press.
- Beaven-Mark, K., Goddard, B. and Knight, A., 2011. Wellbeing and the Workplace. Understanding Wellbeing: an introduction for students and practitioners of health, social care and wellbeing.. Reflect Press.
- Knight, A., 2009. Poverty, Inequality and Social Exclusion. Professional Practice in Public Health. Reflect Press.
- Mills, A., Rees, K., Burdett, T. and Knight, A., 2020. Helping student nurses to self-care and develop their promoting health communication skills. In: 8th International Nurse Education Conference 26-29 April 2020 Stiges, Spain.
- Mills, A., Rees, K., Burdett, T. and Knight, A., 2020. Overcoming the Obstacles: Delivering a Brief Intervention Initiative (MECC) within an Undergraduate Nursing Programme. In: HEE - Joining Forces for Wellbeing 25 March 2020 Winchester.
- Mills, A., Ryden, J. and Knight, A., 2020. The Future Nursing Workforce: their health and wellbeing. In: Joining Forces for Wellbeing 25 March 2020 Winchester, UK.
- Kate Beaven-Mark, 2013. Influence or Ignorance: An Analysis of the Influence of the Hypnotherapy National Occupational Standards on Hypnosis and Hypnotherapy Teaching and Learning, and Professionalism in the UK.
he NHS and Nursing in the UK, Catholic University, Lille, France, 28 May 2018 more
The NHS and Nursing in the UK. Catholic University, Lille, France
The NHS and Nursing, Catholic University, Lille, France, 15 May 2017 more
The NHS and Nursing. Catholic University, Lille, France -nursing management students
UniversitéCatholique de Lille, France, 15 Jun 2015 more
The NHS, UniversitéCatholique de Lille, France
24 Apr 2014 more
Palliative Care. University of Paudabice, Czech Republic.
- 20The Health and Wellbeing of Young people in the UK. Université Catholique de Lille, France
- Health Policy and the NHS in the UK. University of Baskent, Ankara, Turkey
- Nursing; Evidence-Based Practice; Leadership: the UK perspective. College of Nursing, Jesenice, Slovenia
- Wellbeing. Catholic University of Leuven, Belgium
- FINE UK, Minute Secretary
- Royal College of Nursing, Member of International External Reference Group
- Academic Advisor, Adult Nursing
- Programme Lead, Return to Nursing Practice
- Global Engagement Lead, Department of Nursing and Clinical Sciences, Global Engagement
- Wessex Public Health Conference 2020, The future nursing workforce: their health and wellbeing., 25 Mar 2020, St Mary’s Stadium, Southampton, UK
- Humanising Care, Health and Wellbeing Conference 2019, Promoting Wellbeing: the effect of canistherapy on Homeless People, 13 Jun 2019, Bournemouth University
- 17th International Congress on Public and Nonprofit Marketing, The economic wellbeing of older people, 06 Sep 2018, Bournemouth University, UK
- STTI 4th Biennial European Conference, Pain in Older People: the importance of education to inform nurses' clinical assessment of pain, 04 Jun 2018, Anglia Ruskin University, Cambridge
- Wessex Public health Conference - making the Case for Investment in Prevention, A local initiative to promote the initiation of health conversation skills in student nurses, 22 Mar 2018, Soutrhampton University
- Partners in Practice: Nurses Working Together Through Change RCN Education Forum Conference and Exhibition 2018, Assistant Practitioners: understanding and using students’ experience of undertaking a Foundation Degree to improve the learning experience for students, 20 Mar 2018, Newcastle Civic Centre, UK
- Humanising Care, Health and Wellbeing, Promoting compassionate care: UK and Czech Republic educational case studies, 29 Jun 2017, Bournemouth University
- Oncology Conference, Complementary Medicine and Cancer and Palliative Care: a UK perspective, 16 Oct 2015, Hotel Termal Vyhne,Slovakia
- FINE EU Xth International Conference, Assistant Practitioners: shaping the future workforce or changing nurses’ roles?, 24 Sep 2015, Faculty of Medicine, University of Lorraine, Nancy, France
- 1st International Conference: Quality and Perspectives, Wellbeing Policy and Practice, 23 Apr 2015, University of Paudabice, Czech Republic
- Healthy Communities; transforming lives through innovation, collaboration and participation conference., Using student experience cases to improve the learning experience of student nurses, 20 Mar 2015, Southampton Solent University, Southampton UK.
- FINE EU Xth International Conference, International Collaboration: Palliative Care Education, 24 Sep 2014, Faculty of Medicine, University of Lorraine, Nancy, France
- FINE EU Xth International Conference, European Collaboration: a transferable educational model to develop Compassionate Care., 24 Sep 2014, Faculty of Medicine, University of Lorraine, Nancy, France
- NETNEP 2014, Reflective practice and its use in nursing education - the transformation of the traditional educational approach in the Czech Republic’, 23 Jun 2014, NH Conference Centre, Leeuwenhorst, Netherlands
- Compassionate Care in Critical Care, Curriculum. University of Masaryk, Brno, Czech Republic.
- 7th International Conference of Hospice and Palliative Care, Trnava, Slovakia., Conference proceedings. EAPC
- Nurse Teacher in Adult Nursing (Nursing and Midwifery Council, 2010)
- MSc in Interprofessional Health and Social Care (Canterbury Christchurch University, 2005)
- PGCE in Education (University of Greenwich, 1999)
- BA(hons) in Literature and History (University of Greenwich, 1996)
- Registered Midwife in Midwifery (UKCC, 1985)
- Registered Nurse in Nursing (General Nursing Council, 1982)
- BSCH, Member,
- CHNC, Member,
- Higher Education Academy, Senior Fellow,
- Royal College of Nursing, Member,
- Royal Society of Arts, Fellow,
- RCN Pain and Palliative Care Forum RCN Education Forum FINE UK