- 01202 961780
- alacey at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
- Lecturer (Student Representative Champion)
- Bournemouth House B229, 19 Christchurch Road, Bournemouth, BH1 3LH
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:Close
Andrea works as a Lecturer and Student Rep Champion within the Faculty of Health and Social Sciences. She is Unit Leader for the Fundamental Communications unit and the Post-Registration research unit, Locating and Evaluating Evidence for Professional Practice.
Andrea’s first degree is in Psychology and her second degree is an MA in Education – Life Long Learning from The Open University. Andrea is also a Chartered Psychologist and a Fellow with the British Psychological Society (BPS). She is also a committee member for the Division of Academics and Researchers of Psychology (BPS).
Andrea is now studying for her doctorate and this focuses on Mental Health Student nurses and their experiences in the first practice placement.
- Lacey, A., 2017. Novice researchers' nightmare journey of paradigms and methodologies: 'It's hard to know what is right or wrong'. In: Costa, A.P., Reis, L.P., De Souza, F.N. and Moreira, A., eds. Computer Supported Qualitative Research Second International Symposium on Qualitative Research (ISQR 2017). Springer, 204-212.
- Lacey, A., 2018. Being an outsider on the inside, or an insider on the outside: Betwixt and between. In: 4th Annual Qualitative Research Symposium 31 January 2018 University oif Bath.
- Lacey, A., 2017. Exploring mental health student nurses’ accounts of first practice placement: how can they be more fully prepared? In: BU PG Conference 2016 9-10 March 2016 BU Bournemouth.
- Lacey, A., 2017. Mental health student nurses’ first practice placement: Exploring their experiences. In: RCN Education Forum International Conference in Telford, 2016 14 March-16 August 2016 Telford.
- Lacey, A., 2015. Mental health student nurses’ first practice placement: Exploring their experiences. In: 24th International Networking for Healthcare Education 2-5 September 2013 Cambridge University.
- Lacey, A., 2013. Mental Health Student Nurses experience of their first practice placement. In: 5th Annual Postgraduate Research Conference 1-3 April 2013 Bournemouth University.
Profile of Teaching UG
- Locating and Evaluating Evidence for Professional Practice
- Fundamental Communication Skills
- Therapeutic Communication Skills
- Attachment and Child Development
Public Engagement & Outreach Activities
- Post graduate poster presentation
- Qualitative Research Symposium, Being an outsider on the inside, or an insider on the outside: Betwixt and between., 31 Jan 2018, Chancellor's Building, University of Bath
- 2nd International Symposium on Qualitative Research (ISQR 2017), Novice researchers' nightmare journey of paradigms and methodologies: It's hard to now what is right or wrong'., 11 Jul 2017, Salamanca University, Spain
- Royal College of Nursing Education Forum International Conference and Exhibition 2016, Exploring mental health student nurses first mental health practice placement: how can they be more fully prepared?, 15 Mar 2016, Conference Centre, Telford, UK
- BU 8th Post-grad Research Conference, Exploring mental health student nurses first mental health practice placement: how can they be more fully prepared?, 09 Mar 2016, Executive Business Centre, BU
- NET 2013: 24th Interrnational Networking for Healthcare in Education Conference, Mental Health student nurses' first practice placement: Exploring their experiences., 03 Sep 2013, Fitzwilliam College, Cambridge University
- 5th Annual Post-Graduate Research Conference, Mental Health student nurses' first practice placement: Exploring their experiences, 29 Apr 2013, Executive Business Centre
- BSc (Hons) in Psychology (Open University, 1995)
- MA in Education - Life long Learning (Open University, 2005)
- Associate Fellow (AFBPsS) (The British Psychological Society, 2011)
- Chartered Psychologist (CPsychol) (The British Psychological Society, 2009)
- Senior Fellowship (Higher Education Academy, 2018)
- British Psychological Society, Fellow (1997-),
- Division for Academics and Researchers and teachers of Psychology, Member,
- Dorset Hub of the British Psychological Society, Member,
- The Association for the Teaching of Psychology, Member,