Dr Mayank Anand
- anandm at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
- Visiting Fellow
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
Dr Mayank Anand is a Visiting Fellow at Bournemouth University since 2016. He is actively involved in research projects related to the study of tribology and corrosion mechanisms in advanced materials and lubrication. He is a Chartered Mechanical Engineer and a Lecturer at the Military Technological College, Oman. He has several years of industrial research experience working in research and development of advanced materials for bearing applications at Daido Metal - European Technical Centre, UK. Dr Anand completed his PhD in Tribology at Bournemouth University in partnership with the Royal National Lifeboat Institution. Prior to commencing his PhD, he worked as a Graduate Intern at General Electrics - Aviation facility for the maintenance, repair and overhaul of CF6 turbofan engines. He has First Class Bachelor Honors degree in Aero-Mechanical Engineering from the University of Strathclyde.
- Pinedo, B., Hadfield, M., Tzanakis, I., Conte, M. and Anand, M., 2018. Thermal analysis and tribological investigation on TPU and NBR elastomers applied to sealing applications. Tribology International, 127, 24-36.
- Anand, M., Burmistroviene, G., Tudela, I., Verbickas, R., Lowman, G. and Zhang, Y., 2017. Tribological evaluation of soft metallic multilayer coatings for wear applications based on a multiple pass scratch test method. Wear, 388-389, 39-46.
- Anand, M., Hadfield, M., Thomas, B. and Cantrill, R., 2017. The depletion of ZDDP additives within marine lubricants and associated cylinder liner wear in RNLI lifeboat engines. Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part L: Journal of Materials: Design and Applications, 231 (1-2), 162-170.
- Hernández Battez, A., Fernandes, C.M.C.G., Martins, R.C., Graça, B.M., Anand, M., Blanco, D. and Seabra, J.H.O., 2017. Two phosphonium cation-based ionic liquids used as lubricant additive. Part II: Tribofilm analysis and friction torque loss in cylindrical roller thrust bearings at constant temperature. Tribology International, 109, 496-504.
- Anand, M., Hadfield, M., Viesca, J.L., Thomas, B., González, R., Cantrill, R. and Battez, A.H., 2016. Assessing boundary film forming behavior of phosphonium ionic liquids as engine lubricant additives. Lubricants, 4 (2).
- Viesca, J.L., Anand, M., Blanco, D., Fernández-González, A., García, A. and Hadfield, M., 2016. Tribological behaviour of PVD coatings lubricated with a FAP- anion-based ionic liquid used as an additive. Lubricants, 4 (1).
- Anand, M., Hadfield, M., Viesca, J.L., Thomas, B., Hernández Battez, A. and Austen, S., 2015. Ionic liquids as tribological performance improving additive for in-service and used fully-formulated diesel engine lubricants. Wear, 334-335, 67-74.
- Anand, M., Hadfield, M., viesca, J.-L. and Thomas, B., 2019. Experimental Study on the Effect of Marine Engine Lubricant Degradation on Tribological Performance of Cylinder Liner and Piston Rings Contact Using a Tuning Fork Technology Based Oil Sensor. In: International Conference on Marine Engineering and Technology 5-7 November 2019 Military Technological college, Muscat, Oman.
- Anand, M., Hadfield, M., Thomas, B., Austen, S., Cantrill, R., Viesca, J.L. and Garland, N., 2013. Experimental analysis of anti-wear performance of marine engine lubricants. 5th World Tribology Congress, WTC 2013, 4, 2798.
- Certificate of Excellence as distinguished staff member for the excellent efforts put into performing tasks and duties entrusted (Board of Directors, Military Technological College, Oman, 2020)
- Certificate of Appreciation for the efforts and contributions as part of Technical Programme Advisory Committee of International Conference on Marine Engineering & Technology, 2019. (Military Technological College, Oman, 2019)
- Santander Scholarship (Bournemouth University in partnership with Santander Bank, 2014)
- Post-Graduate Research Development Scholarship (Bournemouth University, 2013)
- International Doctoral Scholarship (Bournemouth University, 2011)
- International Prestige Scholarship (University of Strathclyde, 2008)
- Hammermen Scholarship awarded for excellent academic performance (Incorporation of Hammermen Glasgow, 2007)
- Engineering Council UK (CEng), Chartered Engineer,
- The Institution of Mechanical Engineers, UK, Member,