Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:Close
Dr. Annamaria Neag is a Marie Curie Research Fellow. Her research project is looking at how unaccompanied refugee children use digital and social media. The aim of the project is to develop media literacy education tools that can help in unaccompanied refugee children's integration into their new culture and society.
Before joining Bournemouth University, Annamaria worked as a teaching fellow at Nottingham University (Ningbo, China) and Corvinus University of Budapest (Hungary). Her research interests include media literacy education, media history and digital citizenship. Annamaria has published widely on the development of media literacy education in Hungary. Annamaria is the assistant editor of the Media Education Research Journal (MERJ) and an Associate Fellow of the Higher Education Academy.
- Neag, A., 2016. Head Start – Media Literacy in Hungarian Education Policy (1990-1995). Hungarian Educational Research Journal.
- Neag, A., 2016. The unlikely advocates of media literacy education: Jean-Jacques Rousseau and John Stuart Mill. Central European Journal of Communication, 9 (1), 104-113.
- Neag, A., 2015. Media Literacy and the Hungarian National Core Curriculum – A Curate’s Egg. Journal of Media Literacy Education.
- Neag, A. and Berger, R., 2017. Always On, But Never There: Political Parody, the Carnivalesque and the Rise of the ‘Nectorate’. In: Ross, A. and Rivers, D., eds. Discourses of (De)Legitimization: Participatory Culture in Digital Contexts. Routledge.
- Neag, A., 2015. Voices of Freedom – Western Interference? 60 Years of Radio Free Europe. Voices of Freedom - Western Interference? 60 Years of Radio Free Europe. Vandehoeck & Rupprecht.
- Media Literacy for Unaccompanied Refugee Youth - A Path to Integration (Horizon 2020, 01 Sep 2017). In Progress
- Always On, But but Never There? Political Parody, the Carnivalesque and the Rise of the ‘Nectorate’ (University of Nottingham, Ningbo, China, 01 Feb 2017). Completed
- International workshop on 'Childhood, youth and and digital technologies', Disengaged participation: the case of unaccompanied refugee children, 22 Mar 2018, Aarhus, Denmark
- International Media Literacy Research Symposium, Missing voices: unaccompanied refugee children and media literacy, 19 Apr 2018, Lisbon, Portugal
- Media Education Summit, How can one recognize a media literate Hungarian child?, 20 Nov 2014, Prague, the Czech Republic
- International Association for Media and Communication Research Conference 2015, Policy-making and media education in Hungary - A Success Story?, 12 Jul 2015, Montréal, Canada
- European Communication Research and Education Association, Member,
- Marie Curie Alumni Association, Social Media Manager - MCAA UK Chapter,