Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
Dr. Aravind Reghunathan is a Lecturer in Experiential Marketing at Bournemouth University.He completed his Ph.D. at the Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode, India. He holds a Master's degree in Business Administration and a Bachelor's degree in Commerce.
Aravind's current research interests lie at the intersection of consumer behaviour in cyber space, brand management, and sports marketing. His research has featured in a variety of marketing, sports, and management journals, including Advances in Consumer Research, International Journal of Sports Management and Marketing, Case Centre, and Society and Management Review.
Aravind brings a range of practical experience to the lectureship, with entrepreneurial experience from launching an infotainment start-up and managerial experience from retail banking. He's also worked as a consultant for a number of organisations, including Big Synergy, on various initiatives.
- Reghunathan, A. and Joseph, J., 2021. Winning the Loyalty Cup: Impact of Symbol-related Brand Elements on Brand Loyalty of Sports Clubs. International Journal of Sports Management and Marketing, 21 (3/4), 245-264.
- Reghunathan, A., 2021. Branding of Government Services: Benefits and Challenges. IIM Kozhikode Society & Management Review, 10 (2), 232-235.
- Reghunathan, A., 2018. Case study and teaching note: Quiz Kerala Spreading Knowledge. Case Centre.
- Reghunathan, A. and Joseph, J., 2017. Men will be Men, Women will be Women: The Case of Cross-Gender Brand Extensions. Advances in Consumer Research, 45, 465-468.
- Lock, D. and Reghunathan, A., 2022. COVID-19 and Sports Consumption. In: Frawley, S. and Schulenkorf, N., eds. Handbook of Sport and COVID-19. Routledge.
- Reghunathan, A. and Joseph, J., 2018. Winning the Brand Loyalty Cup: The Psychological Play of Symbol-related Brand Elements of Football Clubs. In: Mathsport Asia 10-12 December 2018 Jamshedpur, India.
- Reghunathan, A. and Joseph, J., 2017. Men will be Men, Women will be Women: The Case of Cross-gender Brand Extensions. In: Association for Consumer Research Conference 26-29 October 2017 San Diego, U.S.. Advances in Consumer Research, 45, 465-468 Association for Consumer Research.
- Reghunathan, A., 2017. Cross-Gender Brand Extensions: Staying on Strong Foundations? In: American Marketing Association 4-6 August 2017 San Francisco, U.S..
- Reghunathan, A., 2016. Why Men Cannot Accept Feminine Brands, But Women Do not Mind Masculine Ones! In: Society for Judgement and Decision Making 18-21 November 2016 Boston, U.S..
- Reghunathan, A., Balaji, G. and Krishnan, O., 2016. Relationship Marketing in Indian Banking: A Stakeholder Analysis. In: Conference on Marketing, Technology, and Society 9-11 September 2016 Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode, India.
- Reghunathan, A., 2021. Times are changin’: But will ‘Men will be Men’ change?. ET Brand Equity. Available from: https://brandequity.economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/marketing/times-are-changin-but-will-men-will-be-men-change/83531701.
- Reghunathan, A., 2021. How dark patterns manipulate online shopping behaviour?. Malayala Manorama. Available from: https://www.manoramaonline.com/news/business/2021/01/30/invisible-persuasion-tactics-in-online-shopping-in-internet.html.
- Reghunathan, A., 2020. Sports fandom in the time of COVID19. Mathrubhumi. Available from: https://www.mathrubhumi.com/sports/features/sports-fandom-in-the-age-of-covid-19-1.5155038.
Profile of Teaching PG
- Event Management for Sport
- Brand Management
Profile of Teaching UG
- Sport Marketing
- Sport Management Review, 01 Jan 2021
Public Engagement & Outreach Activities
- A magazine column on brand management published fortnightly in Dhanam business magazine, India
- Regional language version of Who Wants to be a Millionaire TV Show S4, Senior consultant. Reliance Big Synergy, India
- Sell Me the Answer TV Show S2, Senior consultant. Reliance Big Synergy, India
- PhD in Marketing Management (Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode, 2020)
- MBA in Marketing (Mahatma Gandhi University, India, 2012)
- Paul.R. Lawrence Fellowship (North American Case Research Association, 2019)
- Case Writing Scholarship (Case Centre, 2017)
- Junior Research Fellowship (University Grants Commission, India, 2012)
- National Eligibility Test Qualification for Lectureship in Management (University Grants Commission, India, 2012)
- Emerging Markets Society, Member,
- Transformative Consumer Research, Member,