Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
Dr. Aravind Reghunathan is a lecturer in the Faculty of Management at Bournemouth University. He completed his Ph.D. at the Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode, India. He holds a Master's degree in Business Administration and a Bachelor's degree in Commerce.
Aravind's research interests focus on brand management, consumer behaviour in technology-mediated contexts, and sports marketing. His research has featured in a variety of marketing and management journals, including Advances in Consumer Research, Case Centre, and Society and Management Review.
With an entrepreneurial experience from starting-up an infotainment firm and also with managerial experience in retail banking, Aravind brings a wealth of practical experience to lectureship. He has also been involved as a consultant in projects for various companies, including Reliance Big Synergy.
- Reghunathan, A., 2018. Book Review of Branded Male Marketing to Men. IIM Kozhikode Society & Management Review, 7 (2).
- Reghunathan, A. and Joseph, J., 2017. Men will be Men, Women will be Women: The Case of Cross-Gender Brand Extensions. Advances in Consumer Research, 45, 465-468.
- Reghunathan, A. and Joseph, J., 2018. Winning the Brand Loyalty Cup: The Psychological Play of Symbol-related Brand Elements of Football Clubs. In: Mathsport Asia 10-12 December 2018 Jamshedpur, India.
- Reghunathan, A. and Joseph, J., 2017. Men will be Men, Women will be Women: The Case of Cross-gender Brand Extensions. In: Association for Consumer Research Conference 26-29 October 2017 San Diego, U.S.. Association for Consumer Research, 465-468.
- Reghunathan, A., 2017. Cross-Gender Brand Extensions: Staying on Strong Foundations? In: American Marketing Association 4-6 August 2017 San Francisco, U.S..
- Reghunathan, A., 2016. Why Men Cannot Accept Feminine Brands, But Women Do not Mind Masculine Ones! In: Society for Judgement and Decision Making 18-21 November 2016 Boston, U.S..
- Reghunathan, A., Balaji, G. and Krishnan, O., 2016. Relationship Marketing in Indian Banking: A Stakeholder Analysis. In: Conference on Marketing, Technology, and Society 9-11 September 2016 Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode, India.
Profile of Teaching PG
- Event Management for Sport
- Brand Management
Profile of Teaching UG
- Sport Marketing
Public Engagement & Outreach Activities
- A magazine column on brand management published fortnightly in Dhanam business magazine, India
- Regional language version of Who Wants to be a Millionaire TV Show S4, Senior consultant. Reliance Big Synergy, India
- Sell Me the Answer TV Show S2, Senior consultant. Reliance Big Synergy, India
- PhD in Marketing Management (Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode, 2020)
- MBA in Marketing (Mahatma Gandhi University, India, 2012)
- Paul.R. Lawrence Fellowship (North American Case Research Association, 2019)
- Case Writing Scholarship (Case Centre, 2017)
- Junior Research Fellowship (University Grants Commission, India, 2012)
- National Eligibility Test Qualification for Lectureship in Management (University Grants Commission, India, 2012)
- Emerging Markets Society, Member,
- Transformative Consumer Research, Member,