Dr Angelos Stefanidis
- 01202 965500
- astefanidis at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
- Associate Dean Global Engagement
- Poole House P313, Talbot Campus, Fern Barrow, Poole, BH12 5BB
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:Close
Angelos is the Associate Dean (Global Engagement) in the Faculty of Science & Technology, Bournemouth University. He received his PhD in Information Systems Education from Loughborough University. Angelos has held various academic roles over the years and has extensive teaching experience in the areas of Computing and Information Management. He also has extensive experience in the design, management and delivery of professionally accredited CPD courses to IT companies and organisations. In addition, he has held various academic management positions and worked externally with numerous universities in the UK and overseas. His current role involves providing leadership, operational development and delivery of the Bournemouth University’s Global Engagement plan by supporting recruitment, international partnerships, students and staff mobility, education, research and professional practice activities on and off campus.
Angelos’ research interests lie in the educational aspects of Computing and Information Management, focusing specifically on the issue of the alignment of academic curricula with industry needs... The need for such work stems from the well document problem which many define as a misalignment between what universities teach and what employers need from graduates. Businesses in the UK and abroad have been reporting a decreasing supply of skilled workers capable of coping with the constantly changing technology used by industry. This is seen by many employers as a “threat to their business”. It is important, therefore, to investigate the “skills gap” and innovative ways of addressing it by working alongside businesses and academic institutions.more
- Shahri, A., Hosseini, M., Taylor, J., Stefanidis, A., Phalp, K. and Ali, R., 2019. Engineering digital motivation in businesses: a modelling and analysis framework. Requirements Engineering.
- Stefanidis, A., Fitzgerald, G. and Counsell, S., 2013. IS curriculum career tracks: a UK study. Education + Training, 55 (3), 220-233.
- Stefanidis, A., Fitzgerald, G. and Counsell, S., 2012. A comprehensive survey of IS undergraduate degree courses in the UK. International Journal of Information Management, 32 (4), 318-325.
- Stefanidis, A., 2010. Information Systems Curricula in the UK: A Survey of Undergraduate Courses (Research in Progress). Italics, 9 (1), 87-99.
- Stefanidis, A. and Fitzgerald, G., 2010. Mapping the Information Systems Curricula in UK Universities. Journal of Information Systems Education, 21 (4), 391-409.
- Hamzeh, H., Meacham, S., Khan, K., Phalp, K. and Stefanidis, A., 2019. FFMRA: A Fully Fair Multi-Resource Allocation Algorithm in Cloud Environments. In: The 3rd IEEE Symposium on Software Engineering for Smart Systems (SSESS) 2019 19-23 August 2019 Leicester. IEEE.
- Cham, S., Algashami, A., McAlaney, J., Stefanidis, A., Phalp, K. and Ali, R., 2019. Goal setting for persuasive information systems: Five reference checklists. 237-253.
- Meacham, S., Stefanidis, A., Gritt, L. and Phalp, K., 2018. Internet of Things for Education: Facilitating Personalised Education from a University’s Perspective. In: BCS SQM/Inspire Conference 2018 26-27 March 2018 London, UK.
- Isaac, G., Meacham, S., Hamzeh, H., Stefanidis, A. and Phalp, K., 2018. An Adaptive E-Commerce Application using Web Framework Technology and Machine Learning. In: BCS Software Quality Management (SQM) Conference 2018 26-27 March 2018 London, UK..
- Algashami, A., Cham, S., Vuillier, L., Stefanidis, A., Phalp, K. and Ali, R., 2018. Conceptualising gamification risks to teamwork within enterprise. 105-120.
- Vertesi, A., Dogan, H., Stefanidis, A., Ashton, G. and Drake, W., 2018. Usability evaluation of a virtual learning environment: A university case study. 11-20.
- Alutaybi, A., McAlaney, J., Stefanidis, A., Phalp, K. and Ali, R., 2018. Designing social networks to combat fear of missing out.
- Roberts, P., Modi, S., Roubert, F., Simeonova, B. and Stefanidis, A., 2015. Information systems undergraduate degree project: Gaining a better understanding of the final year project module. 145-170.
- Stefanidis, A. and Fitzgerald, G., 2014. IS education research: Review of methods of surveying the IS curriculum to support future development of IS courses. 1-11.
- TAPCHA - a mobile first, non-instrusive and customisable CAPTCHA scheme (Innovate UK, 01 Apr 2019). Awarded
- Towards Explainable Artificial Intelligence (XAI) (Match-funded with British Telecom, 03 Sep 2018). In Progress
- PhD in Information Systems education (Loughborough University, 2013)
- PGCE in PGCHE (Higher Education) (University of Westminster, 2008)
- MSc in Information Systems Design (University of Westminster, 1995)
- BSc (Hons) in Software Engineering (University of Westminster, 1994)
- Association for Computing Machinery, Member,
- Association for Information Systems, Member,
- British Computer Society, Fellow,
- British Computer Society, Chartered IT Professional (CITP),
- Higher Education Academy, Fellow,
- UK Academy for Information Systems, Member,