Dr Angela Smith
- avsmith at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
- Post-Doctoral Research Fellow
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
Angela Smith is a Post-Doctoral Research Fellow at Bournemouth University where as part of a wider consortium of universities she is working on an EPSRC funded project which examines the potential for the integration of drones into logistics using case studies based around NHS pathology transportation. Before this post she has worked in transport planning within both the public and private sectors and was part of the Future of Mobility project team within the Government Office for Science.
- Oakey, A., Grote, M., Smith, A., Cherrett, T., Pilko, A., Dickinson, J. and AitBihiOuali, L., 2022. Integrating drones into NHS patient diagnostic logistics systems: Flight or fantasy? PLoS ONE, 17 (12 December).
- Grote, M., Pilko, A., Scanlan, J., Cherrett, T., Dickinson, J., Smith, A., Oakey, A. and Marsden, G., 2022. Sharing airspace with Uncrewed Aerial Vehicles (UAVs): Views of the General Aviation (GA) community. Journal of Air Transport Management, 102.
- Smith, A., Dickinson, J.E., Marsden, G., Cherrett, T., Oakey, A. and Grote, M., 2022. Public acceptance of the use of drones for logistics: The state of play and moving towards more informed debate. Technology in Society, 68.
- Grote, M., Pilko, A., Scanlan, J., Cherrett, T., Dickinson, J., Smith, A., Oakey, A. and Marsden, G., 2021. Pathways to unsegregated sharing of airspace: views of the uncrewed aerial vehicle (UAV) industry. Drones, 5 (4).
- Smith, A., Robbins, D. and Dickinson, J.E., 2019. Defining sustainable transport in rural tourism: experiences from the New Forest. Journal of Sustainable Tourism, 27 (2), 258-275.
- Monios, J., Budd, L. and Ison, S., 2023. The Routledge handbook of urban logistics. Abingdon, Oxon ;: Routledge.
- Smith, A., Marsden, G. and Dickinson, J., 2022. Shaping the role of drones in UK logistics. In: Oldbury, K. and Isaksson, K., eds. Experimentation for sustainable transport? Risks, strengths, and governance implications. Boxholm, Sweden: Linnefors förlag, 99-116.
- Smith, A., 2022. A DRONE DELIVERY NETWORK FOR HEALTH SERVICES? JOURNAL OF TRANSPORT & HEALTH, 25.
- Bowden, M. and Smith, A., 2019. Sustainable transport in rural tourism: a social practice perspective of visitor travel experiences in the New Forest National Park. PhD Thesis. Bournemouth University, Faculty of Management.
- E-Drone: Transforming the energy demand of supply chains through integrated UAV-to-land logistics for 2030 (EPSRC, 01 Jan 2021). Awarded