Back to top
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:Close
- Mckercher, B. and Yankholmes, A., 2018. Travel as learned behaviour: Western migrants in Hong Kong and Macau. Tourism management, 67.
- Yankholmes, A., 2018. Tourism as an exercise in three-dimensional power: Evidence from Ghana. TOURISM MANAGEMENT PERSPECTIVES, 25, 1-12.
- Yankholmes, A. and Timothy, D.J., 2017. Social distance between local residents and African-American expatriates in the context of Ghana's slavery-based heritage tourism. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF TOURISM RESEARCH, 19 (5), 486-495.
- Yankholmes, A., 2016. Will Macau’s casino-based tourism revenue bounce back? Tourism Society Journal.
- Akyeampong, O.A. and Yankholmes, A., 2016. Profiling masquerade festival attendees in Ghana. Event Management, 20 (2), 285-296.
- Yankholmes, A., 2016. A look at the consumption behaviours along Ghana’s slave routes. Tourism Recreation Research, 41 (3), 272-282.
- Yankholmes, A. and McKercher, B., 2015. Understanding visitors to slavery heritage sites in Ghana. Tourism Management, 51, 22-32.
- Yankholmes, A. and McKercher, B., 2015. Rethinking slavery heritage tourism. Journal of Heritage Tourism, 10 (3), 233-247.
- Yankholmes, A.K., 2014. Publish or perish: African scholarship in the field of tourism and hospitality studies. Tourism and Hospitality Research, 14 (2), 97-107.
- Yankholmes, A.K.B., 2013. Residents' stated preference for scale of tourism development in Danish-Osu, Ghana. Cities, 31, 267-275.
- Yankholmes, A.K.B. and Lin, S., 2012. Leisure and education in Ghana: An exploratory study of university students’ leisure lifestyles. World Leisure Journal, 54 (1), 58-68.
- Yankholmes, A.K.B. and Akyeampong, O.A., 2010. Tourists' perceptions of heritage tourism development in Danish-Osu, Ghana. International Journal of Tourism Research, 12 (5), 603-616.
- Yankholmes, A.K.B., Boakye, K.A. and Wellington, H.N.A., 2010. ‘awusai atso’: Community attachment to and use of transatlantic slave trade resources in danish-osu, Ghana. Journal of Heritage Tourism, 5 (1), 49-67.
- Yankholmes, A., Akyeampong, O.A. and Dei, L.A., 2009. Residents’ perceptions of Transatlantic Slave Trade attractions for tourism development in Danish-Osu, Ghana. Journal of Heritage Tourism.
- Yankholmes, A., 2018. Leisure in Ghana: Whence and Whither? Leisure from International voices. Sagamore Venture.
- Yankholmes, A., 2017. The articulation of collective slave memories and ‘home’ among expatriate diasporan Africans in Ghana. Tourism and Memories of Home: Migrants, Displaced People, Exiles and Diasporic Communities. Channel View Publications.
- Yankholmes, A., 2016. Academic productivity of Africa-based scholars in tourism and hospitality. Tourism and Development in Sub-Saharan Africa: Current issues and local realities. Routledge.
- del Valle Doistua,, R.S. and Yankholmes, A., 2011. Valor del ocio en los jóvenes universitarios: un análisis desde las practicas. Los valores del ocio: cambio, choque e innovación. Universidad de Deusto.
- Yankholmes, A. and McKercher, B., 2018. "We will be leaving next year and have a 'bucket list' of places we still want to visit": Trajectories of change in the travel behaviour of western professional expats in China's SARs. In: The Visitor Economy: Strategies and Innovations 2-4 September 2017 Bournemouth University.
- Yankholmes, A., 2017. Slavery heritage tourism, local communities and economic development. In: African Heritage Challenges: Development and Sustainability 15-16 May 2015 Alison Richard Building, University of Cambridge.
- Yankholmes, A., 2017. Rethinking indigenous knowledge in (African) tourism studies. In: Critical Tourism Studies VII Conference 25-29 June 2017 Palma de Mallorca.
- McKercher, B. and Yankholmes, A., 2017. A Comparison of Travel by Western professional Migrants in Hong Kong and Macau. In: The 3rd Global Tourism & Hospitality Conference 5-7 June 2017 Hong Kong.
- Li, Z., Yankholmes, A. and McKercher, B., 2017. Exploring the Pleasure Travel Experiences of Expatriates in Macao: Some Preliminary Results. In: 27th Annual CAUTHE 2017 Conference 7-10 February 2017 Dunedin, New Zealand.
- Yankholmes, A., 2015. A Bibliometric Analysis of Service Management Literature on Macao. In: 8th International Conference on Services Management Creating Value, Innovation in Delivering Services 28-30 November 2015 Washington, DC,.
- Yankholmes, A., 2015. What are our options? Publish globally but perish locally vs. publish locally but perish locally. In: Critical Tourism Studies VI 25-30 June 2015 Opatija, Croatia.
Profile of Teaching PG
- Events Marketing Communications
- Travel among western emigrants in Macau (Institute for Tourism Studies, 03 Jul 2015). Completed
- Memory and place meanings among local residents and visitors to Macao- How far have we come in 12 years? (Institute for Tourism Studies, 03 Jul 2015). Completed
Public Engagement & Outreach Activities
- July presentation to the Public Culture Studies Group- University of Bedfordshire
- BSc (Hons) in Tourism Management (University of Cape Coast, Ghana, 2005)
- MPhil in Tourism Management (University of Cape Coast, Ghana, 2006)
- MA in Leisure, Sport & Recreation Project Management (University of Deusto, Spain, 2010)
- PhD in Tourism Management (The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, 2013)
The data on this page was last updated at 13:24 on April 26, 2018.