Dr Bibha Simkhada
- bsimkhada at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
- Lecturer In Adult Nursing
- Bournemouth House B236, 19 Christchurch Road, Bournemouth, BH1 3LH
Back to top
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
- Dhakal Adhikari, S., van Teijlingen, E., Regmi, P.R., Mahato, P., Simkhada, B. and Simkhada, P.P., 2020. The presentation of academic self in the digital age: the role of electronic databases. International Journal of Social Sciences and Management, 7 (1), 38-41.
- Vaidya, A., Simkhada, P. and Simkhada, B., 2020. The Impact of Federalization on Health Sector in Nepal: New Opportunities and Challenges. Journal of Nepal Health Research Council, 17 (4), 558-559.
- Vahdaninia, M., Simkhada, B., van Teijlingen, E., Blunt, H. and Mercel-Sanca, A., 2020. Mental health services designed for Black, Asian and Minority Ethnics (BAME) in the UK: a scoping review of case studies. Mental Health and Social Inclusion.
- Simkhada, B., Sah, R.K., Mercel-Sanca, A., van Teijlingen, E., Bhurtyal, Y.M. and Regmi, P., 2020. Perceptions and Experiences of Health and Social Care Utilisation of the UK-Nepali Population. Journal of Immigrant and Minority Health.
- Smith, G. and Simkhada, B., 2019. Co-Creating the Living Well with Dementia Message. Issues in Mental Health Nursing, 40 (9), 825-826.
- Mahato, P.K. et al., 2018. Qualitative evaluation of mental health training of auxiliary nurse midwives in rural Nepal. Nurse Education Today, 66, 44-50.
- Simkhada, B., Mackay, S., Khatri, R., Sharma, C.K., Pokhrel, T., Marahatta, S., Angell, C., van Teijlingen, E. and Simkhada, P., 2016. Continual Professional Development (CPD): Improving Quality of Nursing Care in Nepal. Health Prospect: Journal of Public Health, 15 (III), 1-3.
- Simkhada, B., Sharma, G., Pradhan, S., van Teijlingen, E., Ireland, J., Simkada, P. and Devkota, B., 2016. Needs assessment of mental health training for Auxiliary Nurse Midwives: a cross-sectional survey. Journal of Manmohan Memorial Institute of Health Sciences, 2 (1), 20-26.
- Simkhada, P., Simkhada, B., Van Teijlingen, E., Regmi, P.R. et al., 2016. Need and scope of global partnership on public health research. Journal of Datta Meghe Institute of Medical Sciences University, 11 (3), 260-262.
- Van Teijlingen, E., Simkhada, B. et al., 2015. Mental health issues in pregnant women in Nepal. Nepal Journal of Epidemiology, 5 (3), 499-501.
- Simkhada, B., Van Teijlingen, E.R., Porter, M., Simkhada, P. and Wasti, S.P., 2014. Why do costs act as a barrier in maternity care for some, but not all women? A qualitative study in rural Nepal. International Journal of Social Economics, 41 (8), 705-713.
- Van Teijlingen, E., Simkhada, B. and Simkhada, P., 2013. Midwifery and maternity care in Nepal: The vital link. Practising Midwife, 16 (10), 24-27.
- Simkhada, P., van Teijlingen, E., Hundley, V. and Simkhada, B.D., 2013. Writing an abstract for a scientific conference. Kathmandu University Medical Journal, 11 (43), 262-265.
- Simkhada, P., van Teijlingen, E., Sharma, G., Simkhada, B. and Townend, J., 2012. User costs and informal payments for care in the largest maternity hospital in Kathmandu, Nepal. Health Science Journal, 6 (2), 317-334.
- van Teijlingen, E., Simkhada, B., Porter, M., Simkhada, P., Pitchforth, E. and Bhatta, P., 2011. Qualitative research and its place in health research in Nepal. Kathmandu University Medical Journal, 9 (36), 301-305.
- Simkhada, B., Porter, M. and van Teijlingen, E., 2011. 'My mother-in-law tells me what to do'. Midwives, 14 (4), 34-36.
- Simkhada, B., Porter, M.A. and van Teijlingen, E.R., 2010. The role of mothers-in-law in antenatal care decision-making in Nepal: a qualitative study. BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth, 10.
- Simkhada, B., Van Teijlingen, E.R., Porter, M. and Simkhada, P., 2008. Factors affecting the utilization of antenatal care in developing countries: Systematic review of the literature. Journal of Advanced Nursing, 61 (3), 244-260.
- Simkhada, B., Van Teijlingen, E.R., Porter, M. and Simkhada, P., 2006. Major problems and key issues in maternal health in Nepal. Kathmandu University Medical Journal, 4 NO. 2 (14), 258-263.
- Smith, G.M. and Simkhada, B., 2018. Co-creating solutions to address the everyday challenge of living with dementia: research-to-innovation as a good and ethical practice. In: 24th International Mental Health Nursing Research Conference 13-14 September 2018 Manchestor, UK.
- Simkhada, B., Smith, G. and Rose, A., 2018. Features of Good Practice in Healthcare Innovation. In: 2nd International Conference on Nursing Science and Practice 6-8 August 2018 London.
- Smith, G.M. and Simkhada, B., 2018. Living Lab: The Co-creation Technique. In: 13th World Congress on Healthcare & Technolog 14-15 June 2018 Dublin, Ireland.
- Smith, G.M., Simkhada, B. and Greenop, D., 2018. Innovation through technology: using a living lab approach as a driver for a smart and healthy city. In: 13th World Congress on Healthcare & Technology 14-15 June 2018 Dublin, Ireland.
- van Teijlingen, E., Simkhada, B. and Porter, M., 2009. The influence of mothers-in-law on antenatal care decision-making in Nepal: A qualitative study. In: 7th Britain-Nepal Academic Council (BNAC) Study Day 30 March 2009 University of Edinburgh, Scotland.
- Factors affecting access to mental health services in the Nepali and Iranian communities living in UK. (ACORN funding, Bournemouth University, 07 Jun 2019). Awarded
- Evaluate pilot Continuing Professional Development (CPD) training programmes in Nepal. (Pump-priming funding, Bournemouth University, 13 Feb 2019). Awarded
- Assessing the Need for and Type of Continual Professional Development (CPD) in Nurses Trained and Working in Nepal (Liverpool John Moores University and Bournemouth University, 01 Feb 2016). Completed
- National UK Nepali Community Health & Wellbeing Engagement and Support Project (Big Lottery Fund, 05 Jan 2014). Completed
The data on this page was last updated at 05:56 on February 22, 2020.