Dr Bibha Simkhada
- bsimkhada at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
- Lecturer In Adult Nursing
- Bournemouth House B236, 19 Christchurch Road, Bournemouth, BH1 3LH
Back to top
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
- Simkhada, B., Sah, R.K., Mercel-Sanca, A., van Teijlingen, E., Bhurtyal, Y.M. and Regmi, P.R., 2020. Perceptions and experiences of health and social care utilisation of the UK-Nepali population. Journal of Immigrant and Minority Health.
- Dhakal Adhikari, S., van Teijlingen, E., Regmi, P.R., Mahato, P., Simkhada, B. and Simkhada, P.P., 2020. The presentation of academic self in the digital age: the role of electronic databases. International Journal of Social Sciences and Management, 7 (1), 38-41.
- Vahdaninia, M., Simkhada, B., van Teijlingen, E., Blunt, H. and Mercel-Sanca, A., 2020. Mental health services designed for Black, Asian and Minority Ethnics (BAME) in the UK: a scoping review of case studies. Mental Health and Social Inclusion.
- Vaidya, A., Simkhada, P. and Simkhada, B., 2020. The Impact of Federalization on Health Sector in Nepal: New Opportunities and Challenges. Journal of Nepal Health Research Council, 17 (4), 558-559.
- Smith, G. and Simkhada, B., 2019. Co-Creating the Living Well with Dementia Message. Issues in Mental Health Nursing, 40 (9), 825-826.
- Mahato, P.K. et al., 2018. Qualitative evaluation of mental health training of auxiliary nurse midwives in rural Nepal. Nurse Education Today, 66, 44-50.
- Simkhada, B., Mackay, S., Khatri, R., Sharma, C.K., Pokhrel, T., Marahatta, S., Angell, C., van Teijlingen, E. and Simkhada, P., 2016. Continual Professional Development (CPD): Improving Quality of Nursing Care in Nepal. Health Prospect: Journal of Public Health, 15 (III), 1-3.
- Simkhada, P., Simkhada, B., van Teijlingen, E., Regmi, P.R. et al., 2016. Need and scope of global partnership on public health research. Journal of Datta Meghe Institute of Medical Sciences University, 11 (3), 260-262.
- Simkhada, B., Sharma, G., Pradhan, S., van Teijlingen, E., Ireland, J., Simkada, P. and Devkota, B., 2016. Needs assessment of mental health training for Auxiliary Nurse Midwives: a cross-sectional survey. Journal of Manmohan Memorial Institute of Health Sciences, 2 (1), 20-26.
- Van Teijlingen, E., Simkhada, B. et al., 2015. Mental health issues in pregnant women in Nepal. Nepal Journal of Epidemiology, 5 (3), 499-501.
- Simkhada, B., Van Teijlingen, E.R., Porter, M., Simkhada, P. and Wasti, S.P., 2014. Why do costs act as a barrier in maternity care for some, but not all women? A qualitative study in rural Nepal. International Journal of Social Economics, 41 (8), 705-713.
- Van Teijlingen, E., Simkhada, B. and Simkhada, P., 2013. Midwifery and maternity care in Nepal: The vital link. Practising Midwife, 16 (10), 24-27.
- Simkhada, P.P., van Teijlingen, E., Hundley, V. and Simkhada, B.D., 2013. Writing an abstract for a scientific conference. Kathmandu University Medical Journal (KUMJ), 43 (3), 262-265.
- Simkhada, P., van Teijlingen, E., Sharma, G., Simkhada, B. and Townend, J., 2012. User costs and informal payments for care in the largest maternity hospital in Kathmandu, Nepal. Health Science Journal, 6, 317-334.
- van Teijlingen, E., Simkhada, B., Porter, M., Simkhada, P., Pitchforth, E. and Bhatta, P., 2011. Qualitative research and its place in health research in Nepal. Kathmandu University Medical Journal, 9 (36), 301-305.
- Simkhada, B., Porter, M. and van Teijlingen, E., 2011. 'My mother-in-law tells me what to do'. Midwives, 14 (4), 34-36.
- Simkhada, B., Porter, M. and van Teijlingen, E., 2010. The role of mothers-in-law in antenatal care decision-making in Nepal: a qualitative study. BMC Pregnancy & Childbirth, 10.
- Simkhada, B., van Teijlingen, E., Porter, M. and Simkhada, P., 2008. Factors affecting the utilisation of antenatal care in developing countries: a systematic review of the literature. Journal of Advanced Nursing, 61, 244-260.
- Simkhada, B., Van Teijlingen, E.R., Porter, M. and Simkhada, P., 2006. Major problems and key issues in maternal health in Nepal. Kathmandu University Medical Journal, 4 NO. 2 (14), 258-263.
- Smith, G.M. and Simkhada, B., 2018. Co-creating solutions to address the everyday challenge of living with dementia: research-to-innovation as a good and ethical practice. In: 24th International Mental Health Nursing Research Conference 13-14 September 2018 Manchestor, UK.
- Simkhada, B., Smith, G. and Rose, A., 2018. Features of Good Practice in Healthcare Innovation. In: 2nd International Conference on Nursing Science and Practice 6-8 August 2018 London.
- Smith, G.M. and Simkhada, B., 2018. Living Lab: The Co-creation Technique. In: 13th World Congress on Healthcare & Technolog 14-15 June 2018 Dublin, Ireland.
- Smith, G.M., Simkhada, B. and Greenop, D., 2018. Innovation through technology: using a living lab approach as a driver for a smart and healthy city. In: 13th World Congress on Healthcare & Technology 14-15 June 2018 Dublin, Ireland.
- van Teijlingen, E., Simkhada, B. and Porter, M., 2009. The influence of mothers-in-law on antenatal care decision-making in Nepal: A qualitative study. In: 7th Britain-Nepal Academic Council (BNAC) Study Day 30 March 2009 University of Edinburgh, Scotland.
- The key issues in Dementia in South Asia. (GCRF, 16 Feb 2020). Awarded
- Factors affecting access to mental health services in the Nepali and Iranian communities living in UK. (ACORN funding, Bournemouth University, 07 Jun 2019). Awarded
- Evaluate pilot Continuing Professional Development (CPD) training programmes in Nepal. (Pump-priming funding, Bournemouth University, 13 Feb 2019). Awarded
- Assessing the Need for and Type of Continual Professional Development (CPD) in Nurses Trained and Working in Nepal (Liverpool John Moores University and Bournemouth University, 01 Feb 2016). Completed
- National UK Nepali Community Health & Wellbeing Engagement and Support Project (Big Lottery Fund, 05 Jan 2014). Completed
The data on this page was last updated at 04:14 on July 6, 2020.