- 01202 965579
- cbud at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
- Deputy Head of Department in People & Organisations
- Dorset House D112, Talbot Campus, Fern Barrow, Poole, BH12 5BB
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
I am Deputy Head of Department for BU Business School's (BUBS) Department of People & Organisations. I am also the Programme Leader for the BA (Hons) Retail Management programme. My teaching is in the areas of Fashion, Digital Marketing, Omnichannel Retailing, Supply Chain Management, Strategic Management, Consultancy, Entrepreneurship, Leadership and People Management.
I am proud to say that I am an academic with a strong practitioner background in the fields of retail and fashion business and marketing strategy. I joined Bournemouth University in 2005, primarily to teach Retail Management, due to my background as a retail business owner. My own fashion retail business was voted by Retail Week as one of the `Top 100 Must Visit Stores in the World' (2004). I also took my business online in 2002, as an early-adopter of online retailing.
I research in the area of digital and fashion retail marketing and branding. I am currently undertaking a PhD that is researching the impact of product co-creation and co-design upon customer loyalty towards prestige trainers.I also have a keen interest in sustainable business practice, with a particular focus on sustainable fashion.
- Budnarowska, C. and Marciniak, R., 2016. Fashion, tourism and the creative industries. In: Long, P. and Morpeth, N., eds. Tourism and the Creative Industries: Theory, Policies and Practice. UK: Routledge.
- Budnarowska, C., 2012. Fashion retail formats as tourist retail destinations and attractions. Tourism and Retail: The Psychogeography of Liminal Consumption. 169-186.
- Marciniak, R. and Budnarowska, C., 2018. Exploration of pop-up retail: the department store perspective. In: 4th Int. Colloquium on Design, Branding and Marketing (ICDBM) 6-7 December 2018 Belgium.
- Budnarowska, C., 2017. Can Consumer-led, Digital Product Design promote Brand Advocacy and Positive WOM towards Fashion Brands? In: 3rd Int. Colloquium on Design, Branding and Marketing (ICDBM) 5-6 April 2017 Bournemouth.
- Budnarowska, C., 2016. The role of luxury fashion brands and designers in consumer-led, digital product design. In: 5th Global Fashion Conference 20-21 October 2016 Stockholm.
- Marciniak, R. and Budnarowska, C., 2014. Selfies: An Exploration into the Brand Effects of Visual Imagery with Earned Media. In: 2nd INTERNATIONAL COLLOQUIUM ON DESIGN, BRANDING AND MARKETING (ICDBM) 9-10 December 2014 Nottingham.
- McIntyre, C., Dennis, C. and Budnarowska, C., 2014. Town and city centre fashion retail: The sensory systems of atmosphere and design perception in gendered, cosmopolitan space. In: EIRASS, 21st INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE Recent Advances in Retailing and Consumer Services Science 7-10 July 2014 Bucharest.
- Budnarowska, C., 2011. Is the cupcake fairy the perfect marketing recipe?: An investigation of the use of spokes-characters to digitally narrate a brand. In: 1st International Global Design & Marketing conference 8-9 December 2011 Lincoln.
- Budnarowska, C., 2011. The resurgence of analogue brands in a digital age: The case of Filofax and their ‘analogue snob’ bloggers. In: 1st International Global Design & Marketing conference 8-9 December 2011 Lincoln.
- Budnarowska, C. and Marciniak, R., 2010. Can social networking provide a realistic and rewarding form of CRM?: Profiling the use of social shopping communities in the fashion sector. In: 17th International Conference on Recent Advances in Retailing and Services Science (EIRASS) 2-5 July 2010 Istanbul, Turkey.
- Marciniak, R. and Budnarowska, C., 2010. The Importance of Location in Pop Up Retailing. In: 17th International Conference on Recent Advances in Retailing and Services Science (EIRASS) 2-5 July 2010 Istanbul, Turkey.
- Marciniak, R. and Budnarowska, C., 2009. Marketing Approaches to Pop Up Stores: An Exploration of Social Networking. In: 15th Conference of the European Association of Education and Research in Commercial Distribution (EAERCD) 15-17 July 2009 University of Surrey, England.
- Budnarowska, C. and Marciniak, R., 2009. How do fashion retail customers search on the Internet?: Exploring the use of data mining tools to enhance CRM. In: 15th Conference of the European Association for Education and Research in Commercial Distribution (EAERCD) 15-17 July 2009 University of Surrey, England.
- Budnarowska, C. and Marciniak, R., 2008. An Autoethnographic Approach to Examining Electronic Retail Development. In: 15th Recent Advances in Retailing & Services Science Conference, European Institute of Retailing and Service Studies (EIRASS) 14-17 July 2008 Zagreb, Croatia.
- Budnarowska, C., 2008. Bournemouth Town Centre: A ‘Clone Town’ or a potential fashion destination? In: The Centre for the History of Retailing and Distribution (CHORD) 10-11 September 2008 University of Wolverhampton, England.
- PGCE in Programme Leadership (Bournemouth Univesity, 2018)
- PGCE in Educational Practice (Bournemouth University, 2007)
- BA (Hons) in Retail Management (Bournemouth University, 1997)
- PG Dip in Services Marketing (Chartered Institute of Marketing, 1997)
- HEA, Fellow (2007-),