- 01202 965905
- clamont at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
- Senior Lecturer in HRM and Organisational Studies
- Dorset House D232, Talbot Campus, Fern Barrow, Poole, BH12 5BB
Copy and share the URL for this profile:
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
Carly Lamont joined Bournemouth University in 2002 and is a Senior Lecturer in Organisational Behaviour and Human Resource Management within the Dept of People and Organisations in the Business School. Carly is a Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy and a Teach BU Mentor and Assessor. She is the Peer Assisted Learning Coordinator for returning industrial placement students, and previously held the post as University Education Excellence Theme Leader for Employability and Work-based Learning. Carly is currently academic lead for a number of UG units on the Business and Management Programme and is close to completing a PhD exploring Academic Identity.
Doctoral Candidate exploring academic identity within the changing landscape of university life.
This research project uses narrative enquiry with the data being thematically analysed.
Now in the final stages of writing up and due to complete in 2023
Expertise related to UN Sustainable Development Goals
In 2015, UN member states agreed to 17 global Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to end poverty, protect the planet and ensure prosperity for all. This person's work contributes towards the following SDGs:
"Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all"
"Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls"
Decent work and economic growth
"Promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all"
Partnership for the Goals
"Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalize the Global Partnership for Sustainable Development"
- Quinney, C.A., Lamont, M.C., Biggins, D. and Holley, D., 2017. Optimising disruptive approaches: extending academic roles and identities in higher education. Journal of Learning Development in Higher Education.
- Quinney, C., Lamont, M., Holley, D. and Biggins, D., 2017. Embedding the value of learning by extending professional boundaries. Journal of Learning Development in Higher Education.
- Takeda, S. and Lamont, C., 2014. Curriculum development: engaging students in local charity/community projects. Inspirational Guide for the Implementation of PRME: UK and Ireland edition. Greenleaf Publishing.
- Lamont, C. and Nordberg, D., 2014. Becoming or unbecoming: Contested academic identities. In: British Academy of Management 9-11 September 2014 Belfast.
- Polkinghorne, M. and Lamont, M., 2017. Research Informed Teaching: Taking Students on a Personal Journey of Learning and Assessment. In: CELebrate 2017 Regional Teaching and Learning Conference.
Profile of Teaching PG
- Managing People
Profile of Teaching UG
- Recruiting, Selecting and Retaining Talent
- Reflective Practitioner Project
- OUCMS Conference, Contested academic identities: Passion, Paradox and Insecurities, 27 Jun 2019, Milton Keynes
- PGR Conference, Contested academic identities: Passion, Paradox and Insecurities, 26 Jun 2019, Executive Business Centre
- BU Employability Conference, The Employability Journey on BA (Hons) Business Studies, 13 Mar 2018, Bournemouth University
- MA in Human Resource Management (Southampton Institute, 2001)
- Outstanding Contribution to Student Learning (BU Vice Chancellor)
- HEA - Higher Education Academy, Senior Fellow (2018-), https://www.heacademy.ac.uk/
- Chartered Institute of Management, Member (2017-),
- British Academy of Management (BAM), Member (2013-), http://www.bam.co.uk/
- Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development, Member (1999-), http://www.cipd.co.uk/