- 01202 962028
- cnadaf at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
- Senior Lecturer In Continuing Professional Development
- Royal London House R411, Christchurch Road, Bournemouth, BH1 3LT
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
I have been a Registered nurse since 1994, working my way through the healthcare system and into education, initially within the clinical setting as a practice development nurse and then moving into higher education, specializing in vocational education for the unregistered workforce. I am now working as a senior lecturer overseeing the CPD framework at Bournemouth University. This role involves stakeholder engagement, development of bespoke projects for healthcare professionals, creation of new units within the CPD portfolio as per workforce development changes, development of marketing materials, curriculum development troubleshooting and problem solving.
In 2014, I worked with a colleague to develop and produce the first MOOC (Massive Open Online Course) on Recognition and Assessment of Deteriorating Patients, now a new CPD unit I am running at BU.
In my career I have undertaken the role of business development manager, involving the development of enterprise and enterprising academics, including bespoke provision of education and training, income generating projects, knowledge transfer schemes and co-ordination/management of a variety of contracts...
I am a Doctoral Student undertaking a phenomenological study on Nurses experience and perceptions of using NEWS (National Early Warning Score)more
- Heaslip, V. and Nadaf, C., 2019. Diversity and health inequalities: the role of the practice nurse. Practice Nursing.
- Heaslip, V. and Nadaf, C., 2019. Negative workplace behaviour: Nurses' power games, blame culture and incivility - Why nurses do not care for each other. Evidence-Based Nursing.
- Nadaf, C., 2018. Perspectives: Reflections on a debate: When does Advanced Clinical Practice stop being nursing? Journal of research in nursing, 23 (1), 91-97.
- Bucks New University, External Examiner (2019-2024)
- Nursing Times Awards, Awards Judge (2018-), https://awards.nursingtimes.net/
- Capital Nurse, Reference Group Member (2017-2018), https://www.hee.nhs.uk/our-work/capitalnurse
- International conference of the European Federation of Nurse Educators (FINE), How do you develop interprofessional leadership in clinical practice?., 21 Feb 2018, University of Malta, Valletta
- International Clinical Skills Conference, Working with Massive Online Open Course (MOOC) to promote clinical skill development in deteriorating physical and mental health: lessons learnt, 17 May 2015, Prato, Italy