Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
Christoph is a Paramedic, holds a BA in Emergency and Disaster Management and is a Lecturer in Paramedic Science at Bournemouth University. He was born in Germany, but spent 19 years abroad, mostly in South Africa, before moving to the UK. He has worked for the ambulance service, as a remote site Paramedic in the offshore industry and in the Middle East and has a keen interest in teaching, emergency management and remote site medicine. His teaching experience ranges from first-aid to the public, to teaching medical care to bodyguards, teaching Ambulance Technicians and numerous other healthcare professions.
- Schroth, C., 2019. Capnography: not just for cardiac arrest. Journal of Paramedic Practice, 11 (1), 34-35.
- Schroth, C., 2017. Battle Boxes for Businesses. Crisis Response Journal, 13 (1), 64-66.
- Schroth, C., 2017. The Consequences of Piracy. Crisis Response Journal, 12 (3), 40-43.
- Schroth, C., 2016. Workplace Disaster Preparedness. Crisis Response Journal, 12 (2), 22.
- Schroth, C., 2016. Agriculture as a terrorist target: Time to address vulnerabilities. Crisis Response Journal, 12 (1), 32-35.
- Schroth, C., 2019. MCQs for Student Paramedics: Covering anatomy & physiology, pharmacology, medical conditions, trauma & resuscitation. Independently published.
- Schroth, C. and Phillips, P., 2018. 100 Cases in UK Paramedic Practice. Routledge.
- NAEMT and Schroth, C., 2018. Chapter 10: Toxicology, Hazardous Materials, and Weapons of Mass Destruction. AMLS: Advanced Medical Life Support, UK Edition. UK: Jones and Bartlett Learning.
- Schroth, C., 2018. TREATING CARDIAC ARREST IN SPACE: The Challenges of Resuscitation in Microgravity. Wilderness Medical Society. Available from: https://wms.org/magazine/1229/Space-Medicine.
- Schroth, C., 2016. Build-it-yourself IV Fluid and Drug Administration Trainer. Academic Life in Emergency Medicine (ALiEM). Available from: https://www.aliem.com/2016/04/trick-of-trade-iv-fluid-drug-administration-trainer/.
- Schroth, C., 2015. The Risks and Benefits of Social Media Use in EM. IAEM Bulletin.
- Schroth, C., 2020. Standby CPD: Methoxyflurane (Penthrox) - the green whistle for pain management. Class Professional Publishing.
- Schroth, C. and Savage, P., 2019. Standby CPD: Drowning - immersing yourself in the evidence. Class Professional Publishing.
- Schroth, C., 2018. Standby CPD: Travel fever - flu or an infectious tropical disease?. Class Professional Publishing.
- Darby, Schroth, C. and Phillips, 2017. Standby CPD Pneumonia or just a cough?. Class Professional.
- Schroth, C. and Phillips, P., 2018. The Impact of Drug Storage Temperatures on its Efficacy in Extreme Environments: An Evidence-Based Approach. In: CoPMRE Visiting Faculty Day 2018.
Profile of Teaching UG
- Developing Advanced Paramedic Skills and Strategies (level 5)
- Patient Assessment Fundamentals (level 4)
- UK Core Skills Training Framework (UKCSTF) / Mandatory Training
- Paramedic Practice Portfolio 2 (level 5)
- Paramedic Science Context 2 (level 5)
- Foundations for Professional Practice and Research (FPPR) (level 4)
- UKCSTF Representative for the Paramedic Science team, UK Core Skills Training Framework
- BUPIER Representative for the Paramedic Science team, BUPIER Academic Steering Group
- Life Connections 2017, Shock & How it Should be Taught in First-Aid, 06 Jun 2017, Telford Conference Centre
- AWLS© Advanced Wilderness Life Support, 17 Jul 2015, AWLS Provider
- BA (Hons) in Emergency and Disaster Management (American Public University, 2016)
- PG Cert in Remote and Offshore Medicine (Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, 2011)