Dr Kimberley Davies
- 01202 965866
- daviesk at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
- Postdoctoral Researcher in Cultural Ecology
- Christchurch House C106, Talbot Campus, Fern Barrow, Poole, BH12 5BB
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
Palaeoenvironmental reconstruction Palaeoentomology Stable isotopes
- Brown, A.G., Davies, K. et al., 2021. Ancient DNA, lipid biomarkers and palaeoecological evidence reveals construction and life on early medieval lake settlements. Scientific Reports, 11 (1).
- Mayfield, R.J., Langdon, P.G., Doncaster, C.P., Dearing, J.A., Wang, R., Velle, G., Davies, K.L. and Brooks, S.J., 2021. Late Quaternary chironomid community structure shaped by rate and magnitude of climate change. Journal of Quaternary Science, 36 (3), 360-376.
- Mackay, H. et al., 2020. Characterising life in settlements and structures: Incorporating faecal lipid biomarkers within a multiproxy case study of a wetland village. Journal of Archaeological Science, 121.
- van Hardenbroek, M., Davies, K.L. et al., 2018. The stable isotope composition of organic and inorganic fossils in lake sediment records: Current understanding, challenges, and future directions. Quaternary Science Reviews, 196, 154-176.
- Crone, A., Davies, K. et al., 2018. Nasty, Brutish and Short?; The Life Cycle of an Iron Age Roundhouse at Black Loch of Myrton, SW Scotland. Journal of Wetland Archaeology, 18 (2), 138-162.
- Wooller, M.J., Davies, K. et al., 2018. A new terrestrial palaeoenvironmental record from the Bering Land Bridge and context for human dispersal. Royal Society Open Science, 5 (6).
- Davies, K.L., Pancost, R.D., Edwards, M.E., Walter Anthony, K.M., Langdon, P.G. and Torres, L.C., 2016. Diploptene δ13C values from contemporary thermokarst lake sediments show complex spatial variation. Biogeosciences, 13 (8), 2611-2621.
- Brooks, S.J., Davies, K.L., Mather, K.A., Matthews, I.P. and Lowe, J.J., 2016. Chironomid-inferred summer temperatures for the Last Glacial-Interglacial Transition from a lake sediment sequence in Muir Park Reservoir, west-central Scotland. Journal of Quaternary Science, 31 (3), 214-224.
- Past methane from lakes in Alaska: integrating proxy records and models (NERC, 01 Jan 2021). In Progress
- Investigating climate change and the past mobility of animals in ancient Eastern Beringia using advanced isotope techniques (Royal Society, 01 Dec 2020). Awarded
- Climate, moisture, vegetation and humans in the Sayan Mountains: an environmental history from the last glacial to the present (Royal Society, 01 Dec 2020). Awarded
- Rep for Faculty of Science & Technology, Research Staff Association Committee
Social Media Links
- Twitter, @Kim_LDavies