- 01202 961585
- gglasgow at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
Gill graduated from Bournemouth University in 2001 after completing a BSc (Hons) Health Sciences degree and has since enjoyed over fourteen years’ experience with the university in her academic role as psychology lecturer in Nutrition within the Faculty of Health and Social Sciences. She achieved a postgraduate teaching certificate (MA in Health and Social Care & Education) in July 2006. She continues to work within the Nutrition and Public Health Department teaching across both undergraduate and Masters programmes and has recently( 2016 ) become a registered Nutritionist in Public Health with the Association for Nutrition (RNutr Public Health).
Gills areas of interest involve the psychology of eating practice, food choice, and behavioural changes for improved health and wellbeing and has recently accepted a course leadership role on the undergraduate Nutrition programme. She is also a keen advocate of student peer support and has been involved in the delivery of the peer assisted learning (PAL) in her role as PAL contact since it was made available to the Health Sciences Framework at Level C (2009) and Level I (2012)...
More recently, Gill has extended her interests to include Mindfulness based approaches for improved wellbeing in particularly its use and applications to eating behaviour. Alongside developing a personal practice, Gill is well into her PhD using an IPA approach to qualitatively explore the concept of mindfulness and health in the general population.more
- Glasgow, G. and Ford, N., 2015. A celebration of PAL: nutrition students benefit from the continuation of a peer assisted learning scheme as it rolls out for year two. In: ALDinHE 2015: The Learning Development Conference 30 March-1 April 2015 Southampton Solent University.
- PG Cert in MA in Health and Social Care & Education (Bournemouth University, 2006)
- BSc (Hons) in Health Science (Bournemouth University, 2001)
- Association of Nutrition, Member (2016-),
- The Nutrition Society, Member (2015-),