Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:Close
My research and teaching activities are in the areas of strategic marketing, branding and marketing communications. My doctoral research is specifically into media brands and brand management in media industry organisations. The research activity underpins teaching of branding and brand management at Masters level on the Short Courses for Media Professionals programme and consultancy activity with media and other organisations. I have presented on the topics of media brands and media brand collaboration at the European Media Management Association (EMMA) conference. My research is supported by membership of the Advances in Media Management (AIMM) research group, enabling collaboration with other academics interested in media brands and the media industry. In addition, I teach strategic marketing, branding and marketing communications subjects at undergraduate level. I lead Bournemouth University’s relationship with the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) through the Graduate Gateway programme... On this programme I lead optional study courses for undergraduate students to gain CIM professional qualifications at Foundation and Certificate levels.
Prior to joining higher education, I gained extensive international marketing management experience at senior marketing level, leading multi-national marketing teams across a broad spectrum of regions and industries. I am a Fellow of the CIM, Chartered Marketer and CIM Tutor, as well as active in the CIM Dorset branch. As a result of my background experience, engagement with professional bodies and industry practitioners, my research, teaching and professional practice are firmly grounded in academic and industry developments. I am fluent in both French and German languages. I am interested in developing links with media organisations, local commercial and non-profit organisations for consultancy and knowledge transfer purposes.more
My doctoral research is specifically into media brands and brand management in media industry organisations. The aim of the research is to explore the role of brand orientation in the collaborative strategies of UK broadcast media organisations.
- Goode, G., 2017. The changing nature of strategic collaboration: The emergence of equity participation in the UK media industry. Strategic Direction, 33 (10), 1-3.
- Jackson, D., Molesworth, M. and Goode, G., 2015. Generating Entrepreneurs? Understanding Media Students’ Involvement with University Enterprise Activities. In: MeCCSA Annual Conference 7-9 January 2015 University of Northumbria.
- Jackson, D., Molesworth, M. and Goode, G., 2014. Understanding university students’ involvement with business consultancy: an audit and review of barriers and motivations. In: Annual SRHE Research Conference 10-12 December 2014 Celtic Manor.
Profile of Teaching PG
- Branding and brand management (Short Course for Media Professionals)
Profile of Teaching UG
- Strategic Marketing and Planning (BA Marketing Commnications level 6)
- ITV Advertising Effectiveness: Solus and Group Viewing (Independent Television Service, 03 Jul 2017). Completed
- European Media Management Association Conference 2017, An investigation of the collaborative strategies of UK broadcast media organisations, 10 May 2017, Ghent, Belgium
- European Media Management Association (EMMA) Conference 2015, Exploring the role of brand orientation in the development and sustainability of media brand collaborations, 28 May 2015, Hamburg, Germany
- Strategic Market Assessment, Strategic marketing research. Dorset Wildlife Trust for Dorset Ecology, One final year BA (Hons) Advertising student, 30 Jan 2012
- Strategic Market Assessment, Consultancy and strategic market assessment. CC Group, One fianl year BA (Hons) Marketing student, 04 Jul 2011
- Market Assessment, Marketing research. Unicorn Training, One final year BA (Hons) Marketing student, 13 Jul 2015
- Digital Marketing Audit, Consultancy and research project. The Training Room, Two final year BA (Hons) Marketing students, 13 Oct 2014
- Media Branding and Brand Management, Corporate Training. Voice of Vietnam
- BA (Hons) in Business Studies (Polytechnic of Central London, 1977)
- MBA in Business Administration (University of Warwick Business School, 1988)
- PG Cert in Teaching in Compulsory and Further Education (University of Southampton, 2008)
- Chartered Institute of Marketing, Fellow (1985-),
- Higher Education Academy, Fellow (-2008),
- Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) - member of the Dorset branch and committee since 2009. Active in organising local events and branch meetings to develop relationship with CIM members in Dorset and marketing professionals in the local business community