Dr Helen Haywood
- 01202 965367
- hhaywood at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
- Senior Lecturer
- Christchurch House C205, Talbot Campus, Fern Barrow, Poole, BH12 5BB
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:Close
My teaching interests centre on International Marketing and Marketing Communications. My research interests centre on choice and decision-making in HE
I have now completed my doctoral thesis (EdD) from the University of Southampton which relates to choice and decision-making in an HE context. It is related to marketing and consumer behaviour and adopts an interpretivist, phenomenological research approach. The focus is on parents' experiences of this choice process.
I attended an Academy of Marketing symposium on Higher Education in April 2016 and have recently had a conference paper accepted for the SRHE (Society of Research in Higher Education) conference in December 2016.
I'm a member of the Centre for Promotional Cultures and Communication
- Haywood, H. and Scullion, R., 2017. ‘It’s quite difficult letting them go, isn’t it?’ UK parents’ experiences of their child’s higher education choice process. Studies in Higher Education, 1-15.
- Haywood, H. and Molesworth, M., 2010. The Uncomfortable mix of seduction and inexperience in Vocational Students' decision making. Marketing Intelligence and Planning, 28 (7), 831-846.
- Haywood, H., Jenkins, R. and Molesworth, M., 2010. A degree will make all your dreams come true: higher education as the management of consumer desires. In: Molesworth, M., Scullion, R. and Nixon, E., eds. The Marketisation of Higher Education: The Student as Consumer. Abingdon, England: Routledge, 183-195.
- Haywood, H., 2017. Parents' experiences of HE choice. In: Society for Reseach into Higher Education 7-9 December 2016 Newport, S. Wales.
- Haywood, H.S., 2014. “Wading Through Water” - Parental Experiences Of Their Child’s HE Choice Process. In: Academy of Marketing 2014 - Marketing Dimensions - people, spaces and places 8-10 July 2014 Bournemouth Dorset.
- Haywood, H. and Molesworth, M., 2009. "I was always looking at like Vogue..[I'd} be really good in the ad. world" Student Choice And Vocational Degrees. In: " Academy of Marketing Conference" - Putting Marketing in its Place 7-9 July 2009 Leeds Metropolitan University.
- Haywood, H. and Molesworth, M., 2006. The Lack of Systematic Decision-Making by Chinese Students Applying to UK MA Programmes. In: Academy of Marketing Conference 2006: Marketing Excellence 4-7 July 2006 Holiday Inn Regents Park, London, England.
Profile of Teaching UG
- Global Marketing Communications; Business Environment; CIM Professional foundation certificate in Marketing
- Society for Research into Higher Education (SRHE), Parents' Experiences of HE Choice, 07 Dec 2016, Newport, S. Wales
- PhD in Choice & decision-making (marketing & CB) (University of Southampton, 2016)
- BA (Hons) in Comparative Literature with French (University of East Anglia, 1983)
- PG Dip in Marketing (Chartered Institute of Marketing, 1987)
- PG Cert in Teaching in Higher Education (Bournemouth University, 1993)
- MSc in Marketing (University of Leicester, 2005)
- Academy of Marketing, Member (2014-2015),