Professor Hassan Yazdifar
- 01202 961702
- hyazdifar at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
- Professor and Head of Department for Accounting, Finance and Economics
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
Professor Hassan Yazdifar is the Head of Department (Accounting, Finance and Economics) at Bournemouth University (UK) and has achieved success in management, consultancy and leadership roles within industry, and academia. Professor Yazdifar has undertaken the responsibility of several research projects funded by the British Council, the National Institute for Health Research (NiHR), the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants - CIMA (UK). He is currently the Project Investigator (PI) for two British Council China and Egypt funded projects, and Co-Investigator for the National Institute for Health Research (NiHR) project. Professor Yazdifar’s experience is in both developed and developing countries and considers globalisation as an important factor in developing business performance, research and development, and developing knowledge transfer and building partnerships.
Professor Yazdifar has published extensively in international accounting and business journals, is proactively involved with organisational learning; organisation change management; and adopting innovative practices to improve performances in commercial and service organisations both in public and private sectors... His research expertise also expands to higher education, R&D, the role of MIS, including Accounting Control and Information Systems, and the process of organisational change; how MIS can be developed to improve performance, performance measurement systems and how that interacts with other organisational functions.
His experience is in both developed and developing countries and considers globalisation as an important factor in developing business performance, R&D and developing and knowledge transfer and building partnerships. Hassan is also active in areas such as Islamic accounting and ethics.
Hassan has held the position of Financial Director and has been a member of the Board of Directors in large organisations which has provided him with the opportunity to use his consultancy skills for both the private and public sectors. Hassan is also a professionally qualified accountant.more
- Yazdifar, H., 2022. Ushering A New Era Of Global Business Research Excellence: Taking A Leaf Out Of Recent Trends In The New Normal. Journal for Global Business Advancement, 15 (1).
- Pourghanbari, F., Yazdifar, H. and Faghani, M., 2022. Application of the Unified Theory of Acceptance and Use of Technology on Accountants' Behavioral Intention in Accounting Information System Adoption. Journal of Financial Accounting Knowledge.
- Pourghanbari, F., Yazdifar, H. and Faghani, M., 2022. Investigating the Factors Affecting Accountants' Behavioral Intentions in Accounting Information System Adoption: Empirical Evidence of Unified Theory of Acceptance and Use of technology, and Task -Fit Model. Iranian Journal of Accounting, Auditing and Finance.
- Uddin, M., Ashraful Alam, M. and Yazdifar, H., 2022. Guest editorial: Institutions and R&D investment: prospects and challenges. JOURNAL OF APPLIED ACCOUNTING RESEARCH, 23 (4), 765-769.
- Moradi, M., Yazdifar, H., Eskandar, H. and Namazi, N.R., 2022. Institutional Ownership and Investment Efficiency: Evidence from Iran. Journal of Risk and Financial Management, 15 (7).
- Zarei, H., Yazdifar, H., Dahmarde Ghaleno, M. and Namazi, N., 2022. National culture and public-sector budgeting: the mediating role of country-level institutions using a structural equation modeling approach. Journal of Applied Accounting Research, 23 (3), 686-714.
- Uddin, M., Alam, A., Yazdifar, H. and Shubita, M., 2022. Terrorism, innovation and venture capital. Journal of Economic Studies, 49 (2), 330-345.
- Faraji, O., MohammadRezaei, F., Yazdifar, H., Ahmed, K. and Najafi Gadikelaei, Y., 2022. Audit Qualification Paragraphs and Audit Report Lag: Evidence from Iran. Revista Espanola de Financiacion y Contabilidad.
- Fakhri Abdoun, A. and Yazdifar, H., 2021. Smart city development, blockchain for the vehicle registry: a study in Romania. International Journal of Financial Technology (FinTech).
- Abdou, H.A., Ellelly, N.N., Elamer, A.A., Hussainey, K. and Yazdifar, H., 2021. Corporate governance and earnings management nexus: Evidence from the UK and Egypt using neural networks. International Journal of Finance and Economics, 26 (4), 6281-6311.
- Boukr, A., Yazdifar, H. and Askarany, D., 2021. Contextual Factors and the Diffusion of MAIs in Manufacturing and Non-Manufacturing Sectors in Libya. JOURNAL OF RISK AND FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT, 14 (9).
- Askarany, D., Yazdifar, H. and Dow, K., 2021. B2B Networking, Renewable Energy, and Sustainability. JOURNAL OF RISK AND FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT, 14 (7).
- Shirzad, A., Saei, M.J. and Yazdifar, H., 2021. The Effect of Cost Categories and the Origin of their stickiness on Earnings Forecast: A Comparative Study. Iranian Journal of Accounting, Auditing and Finance.
- Gholami, Y., Mansouri, F. and Yazdifar, H., 2021. Analyzing the Relationship between Social and Professional Identity Characteristics of the Audit Committee and the Steering System on the Quality of Financial Reporting: A Legal Oriented Artificial Approach. International Journal of Finance and Managerial Accounting, 6 (21).
- Dahmarde Ghaleno, M., Yazdifar, H. and Zarei, H., 2021. The effect of Social Responsibility Disclosure on Audit Risk. Auditing Research Journal, 1 (1), 7-30.
- Zarei, H., Yazdifar, H. and Soofi, F., 2021. The perceived impact of working agreements toward employed female in the accounting profession: evidence from Iran. Journal of Applied Accounting Research, 22 (2), 197-222.
- Liang, L., Alam, A., Sorwar, G., Yazdifar, H. and Eskandari, R., 2021. The combined network effect of sparse and interlocked connections in SMEs’ innovation. Technological Forecasting and Social Change, 163.
- Noah, A.O., Adhikari, P., Ogundele, B.O. and Yazdifar, H., 2021. Corporate environmental accountability in Nigeria: an example of regulatory failure and regulatory capture. Journal of Accounting in Emerging Economies, 11 (1), 70-93.
- Naeemi, S., Yazdifar, H. and Shafiei, H., 2020. Indicators for Adopting Management Accounting Innovations in times of Economic crisis. Journal of System Management, 6 (4), 49-68.
- Safari Sarchah, F., Yazdifar, H. and Pifeh, A., 2020. Privatization, Changes in Management Accounting Practices and their impacts on Financial Performance – Evidence from Iran. Iranian Journal of Finance, 4 (3), 18-48.
- Onur, Ö. and Yazdifar, H., 2020. Assessing the Fraud Risk Factors in the Finance Statements with Benford's Law. Journal of Accounting and Taxation Studies.
- Kazempour, M., Kashanioour, M., Yazdifar, H. and Hamidizadeh, A., 2020. A framework for rating corporate social responsibility disclosure. Journal of Financial Accounting Research.
- Ashar Asdullah, M. and Yazdifar, H., 2020. Book review: Effective Management Control; Theory and practice by Eric G. Flamholtz. Journal of Management and Research (JMR).
- Zarei, H., Yazdifar, H., Dahmarde Ghaleno, M. and azhmaneh, R., 2020. Predicting auditors' opinions using financial ratios and non-financial metrics: evidence from Iran. Journal of Accounting in Emerging Economies, 10 (3), 425-446.
- Yazdifar, H., 2020. Business Challenges and Opportunities, Management, Leadership and Innovations: Insights from Emerging Markets. Journal for Global Business Advancement.
- Nasseri, A., Jamshidi, S., Yazdifar, H., Percy, D. and Alam, M.A., 2020. Evaluating the performances of over-the-counter companies in developing countries using a stochastic dominance criterion and a PSO-ANN hybrid optimization model. Journal of Applied Accounting Research, 21 (3), 563-582.
- Farajpour Haghighi, H. and Yazdifar, H., 2020. The effect of managers’ optimism on competitive strategy and final cost models. RELIGACIÓN. Journal of Social Sciences and humanities.
- Alam, A., Uddin, M., Yazdifar, H., Shafique, S. and Lartey, T., 2020. R&D investment, firm performance and moderating role of system and safeguard: Evidence from emerging markets. Journal of Business Research, 106, 94-105.
- Safari Sarchah, F., Yazdifar, H. and Pifeh, A., 2019. The Effects of Intra- and Extra-Organizational Factors on Management Accounting Practices in the Privatization Processes: Evidence from Iran. International Journal of Finance and Managerial Accounting, 4 (15), 97-113.
- Alam, A., Uddin, M. and Yazdifar, H., 2019. Institutional determinants of R&D investment: Evidence from emerging markets. Technological Forecasting and Social Change, 138, 34-44.
- Alam, A., Uddin, M. and Yazdifar, H., 2019. Financing behaviour of R&D investment in the emerging markets: the role of alliance and financial system. R and D Management, 49 (1), 21-32.
- Yazdifar, H., Askarany, D., Wickramasinghe, D., Nasseri, A. and Alam, A., 2019. The Diffusion of Management Accounting Innovations in Dependent (Subsidiary) Organizations and MNCs. International Journal of Accounting, 54 (1).
- Rastogi, L., Yazdifar, H., Alam, A., Eskandari, R. and Bahloul, M.A., 2019. A review of the relationship between leadership style and innovation: Insights and directions for future research. Journal for Global Business Advancement, 12 (5), 625-647.
- Yazdifar, H., 2019. Preface. Journal for Global Business Advancement, 12 (5), 601-603.
- Nasseri, A., Sayyadi, M., Yazdifar, H., Eskandari, R. and Albahloul, M., 2018. Causality between Cash Flow and Earnings: Evidence from Tehran (Iran) Stock Exchange. Journal of Emerging Market Finance, 17 (2), 210-228.
- Topuz, Y.V., Yazdifar, H. and Sahadev, S., 2018. The relation between the producer and consumer price indices: a two-country study. Journal of Revenue and Pricing Management, 17 (3), 122-130.
- Askarany, D. and Yazdifar, H., 2018. The diffusion of balanced scorecard from the perspective of adopters: Evidence from Australia. Review of Economics and Finance, 14 (4), 71-82.
- Tsamenyi, M., Qureshi, A.Z. and Yazdifar, H., 2013. The contract, accounting and trust: A case study of an international joint venture (IJV) in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Accounting Forum, 37 (3), 182-195.
- Askarany, D., Brierley, J.A. and Yazdifar, H., 2012. The effect of innovation characteristics on activity-based costing adoption. International Journal of Managerial and Financial Accounting, 4 (3), 291-313.
- Askarany, D. and Yazdifar, H., 2012. An investigation into the mixed reported adoption rates for ABC: Evidence from Australia, New Zealand and the UK. International Journal of Production Economics, 135 (1), 430-439.
- Yazdifar, H. and Askarany, D., 2012. A comparative study of the adoption and implementation of target costing in the UK, Australia and New Zealand. International Journal of Production Economics, 135 (1), 382-392.
- Askarany, D., Yazdifar, H. and Askary, S., 2010. Supply chain management, activity-based costing and organisational factors. International Journal of Production Economics, 127 (2), 238-248.
- Askary, S., Pounder, J.S. and Yazdifar, H., 2008. Influence of culture on accounting uniformity among Arabic nations. Education, Business and Society: Contemporary Middle Eastern Issues, 1 (2), 145-154.
- Yazdifar, H., Zaman, M., Tsamenyi, M. and Askarany, D., 2008. Management accounting change in a subsidiary organisation. Critical Perspectives on Accounting, 19 (3), 404-430.
- Askary, S., Yazdifar, H. and Askarany, D., 2008. Culture and accounting practices in Turkey. International Journal of Accounting, Auditing and Performance Evaluation, 5 (1), 66-88.
- Askarany, D., Smith, M. and Yazdifar, H., 2007. Attributes of innovation and the implementation of managerial tools: An activity-based management technique. International Journal of Business and Systems Research, 1 (1), 98-114.
- Yazdifar, H. and Tsamenyi, M., 2005. Management accounting change and the changing roles of management accountants: a comparative analysis between dependent and independent organizations. Journal of Accounting & Organizational Change, 1 (2), 180-198.
- Burns, J., Hopper, T. and Yazdifar, H., 2004. Management accounting education and training: putting management in and taking accounting out. Qualitative Research in Accounting & Management, 1 (1), 1-29.
- Hang Nguyen, 2022. Investigating The Moderating Effects Of Corporate Governance On The Relationship Between Financial Leverage And Firm Performance In Emerging Economies – A Case Study Of Vietnamese Listed Companies (MRes), (In progress)
Profile of Teaching PG
- Developing Sustainable Strategies (MBA)
Profile of Teaching UG
- Advance Management Accounting
- Performance measurement in oil and gas (O&G) industry (MindMash, 01 Jan 2020). Awarded
- - Research Links Workshop Grant: Employee motivation and engagement for promoting green behaviour leading to energy efficient workplaces’ (British Council, 01 Jan 2017). Completed
- Management Accounting and Privatisation: A study in an Emerging Economy (Kosha va Raaz Auditing, 01 Jan 2015). In Progress
- IT, Education and Learning Process (Rahnamood, 01 Jan 2014). Completed
- MIS change in complex organisations in the context of developing countries (Salford Business School - Salford University, 01 Jan 2014). Completed
- - A comparative investigation into the diffusion of management accounting innovations in UK, Australia and New Zealand (Chartered Institute of Management Accountants & The University of Sheffield and The University of Auckland, 01 Jan 2006). Completed
Public Engagement & Outreach Activities
- PhD in Accounting (The University of Manchester, 2004)
- MRes in Accounting (The University of Manchester, 1999)
- MA in Accounting (The University of Tehran (Iran), 1992)
- BA (Hons) in Accounting (The University of Shahid Beheshti (Iran), 1988)
- Higher Education Academy, Fellow (2014-),
- IACPA, Member (1997-),
- The European Institute for Advanced Studies in Management (EIASM), Member,
- The European Network for Research of Organizational and Accounting Change (ENROAC)., Member,
- The European Network on the Economics of the Firm (ENEF), Member,