Professor Hassan Yazdifar
- 01202 961702
- hyazdifar at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
- Head of Department for Accounting, Finance and Economics
- Dorset House
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
Hassan is interested in organisational learning, organisation change management and adopting innovative practices to improve performances in commercial and service organisations both in public and private sectors and also higher education. He examines the role of MIS, including Accounting Control and Information Systems, in the processes of organisational change; how MIS can be developed to improve performance, performance measurement systems and how that interacts with other organisational functions. Also, how intangible and tangible values can be measured. He also examines the diffusion and implementation of innovative managerial practices. His experience is both in developed and developing countries and considers globalisation as an important factor in developing business performance. Hassan is also active in areas such as accounting education, Islamic accounting and ethics in accounting.
- Shirzad, A., Saei, M.J. and Yazdifar, H., 2021. The Effect of Cost Categories and the Origin of their stickiness on Earnings Forecast: A Comparative Study. Iranian Journal of Accounting, Auditing and Finance.
- Gholami, Y., Mansouri, F. and Yazdifar, H., 2021. Analyzing the Relationship between Social and Professional Identity Characteristics of the Audit Committee and the Steering System on the Quality of Financial Reporting: A Legal Oriented Artificial Approach. International Journal of Finance and Managerial Accounting, 6 (21).
- Liang, L., Alam, A., Sorwar, G., Yazdifar, H. and Eskandari, R., 2021. The combined network effect of sparse and interlocked connections in SMEs’ innovation. Technological Forecasting and Social Change, 163.
- Zarei, H., Yazdifar, H. and Soofi, F., 2021. The perceived impact of working agreements toward employed female in the accounting profession: evidence from Iran. Journal of Applied Accounting Research, 22 (2), 197-222.
- Uddin, M., Alam, A., Yazdifar, H. and Shubita, M., 2021. Terrorism, innovation and venture capital. Journal of Economic Studies.
- Naeemi, S., Yazdifar, H. and Shafiei, H., 2020. Indicators for Adopting Management Accounting Innovations in times of Economic crisis. Journal of System Management, 6 (4), 49-68.
- Safari Sarchah, F., Yazdifar, H. and Pifeh, A., 2020. Privatization, Changes in Management Accounting Practices and their impacts on Financial Performance – Evidence from Iran. Iranian Journal of Finance, 4 (3), 18-48.
- Onur, Ö. and Yazdifar, H., 2020. Assessing the Fraud Risk Factors in the Finance Statements with Benford's Law. Journal of Accounting and Taxation Studies.
- Kazempour, M., Kashanioour, M., Yazdifar, H. and Hamidizadeh, A., 2020. A framework for rating corporate social responsibility disclosure. Journal of Financial Accounting Research.
- Ashar Asdullah, M. and Yazdifar, H., 2020. Book review: Effective Management Control; Theory and practice by Eric G. Flamholtz. Journal of Management and Research (JMR).
- Noah, A.O., Adhikari, P., Ogundele, B.O. and Yazdifar, H., 2020. Corporate environmental accountability in Nigeria: an example of regulatory failure and regulatory capture. Journal of Accounting in Emerging Economies, 11 (1), 70-93.
- Yazdifar, H., 2020. Business Challenges and Opportunities, Management, Leadership and Innovations: Insights from Emerging Markets. Journal for Global Business Advancement.
- Zarei, H., Yazdifar, H., Dahmarde Ghaleno, M. and azhmaneh, R., 2020. Predicting auditors' opinions using financial ratios and non-financial metrics: evidence from Iran. Journal of Accounting in Emerging Economies, 10 (3), 425-446.
- Nasseri, A., Jamshidi, S., Yazdifar, H., Percy, D. and Alam, M.A., 2020. Evaluating the performances of over-the-counter companies in developing countries using a stochastic dominance criterion and a PSO-ANN hybrid optimization model. Journal of Applied Accounting Research, 21 (3), 563-582.
- Farajpour Haghighi, H. and Yazdifar, H., 2020. The effect of managers’ optimism on competitive strategy and final cost models. RELIGACIÓN. Journal of Social Sciences and humanities.
- Alam, A., Uddin, M., Yazdifar, H., Shafique, S. and Lartey, T., 2020. R&D investment, firm performance and moderating role of system and safeguard: Evidence from emerging markets. Journal of Business Research, 106, 94-105.
- Abdou, H.A., Ellelly, N.N., Elamer, A.A., Hussainey, K. and Yazdifar, H., 2020. Corporate governance and earnings management nexus: Evidence from the UK and Egypt using neural networks. International Journal of Finance and Economics.
- Safari Sarchah, F., Yazdifar, H. and Pifeh, A., 2019. The Effects of Intra- and Extra-Organizational Factors on Management Accounting Practices in the Privatization Processes: Evidence from Iran. International Journal of Finance and Managerial Accounting, 4 (15), 97-113.
- Yazdifar, H., Askarany, D., Wickramasinghe, D., Nasseri, A. and Alam, A., 2019. The Diffusion of Management Accounting Innovations in Dependent (Subsidiary) Organizations and MNCs. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF ACCOUNTING, 54 (1).
- Alam, A., Uddin, M. and Yazdifar, H., 2019. Institutional determinants of R&D investment: Evidence from emerging markets. Technological Forecasting and Social Change, 138, 34-44.
- Alam, A., Uddin, M. and Yazdifar, H., 2019. Financing behaviour of R&D investment in the emerging markets: the role of alliance and financial system. R and D Management, 49 (1), 21-32.
- Rastogi, L., Yazdifar, H., Alam, A., Eskandari, R. and Bahloul, M.A., 2019. A review of the relationship between leadership style and innovation: Insights and directions for future research. Journal for Global Business Advancement, 12 (5), 625-647.
- Yazdifar, H., 2019. Preface. Journal for Global Business Advancement, 12 (5), 601-603.
- Nasseri, A., Sayyadi, M., Yazdifar, H., Eskandari, R. and Albahloul, M., 2018. Causality between Cash Flow and Earnings: Evidence from Tehran (Iran) Stock Exchange. Journal of Emerging Market Finance, 17 (2), 210-228.
- Topuz, Y.V., Yazdifar, H. and Sahadev, S., 2018. The relation between the producer and consumer price indices: a two-country study. Journal of Revenue and Pricing Management, 17 (3), 122-130.
- Askarany, D. and Yazdifar, H., 2018. The diffusion of balanced scorecard from the perspective of adopters: Evidence from Australia. Review of Economics and Finance, 14 (4), 71-82.
- Tsamenyi, M., Qureshi, A.Z. and Yazdifar, H., 2013. The contract, accounting and trust: A case study of an international joint venture (IJV) in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Accounting Forum, 37 (3), 182-195.
- Askarany, D. and Yazdifar, H., 2012. An investigation into the mixed reported adoption rates for ABC: Evidence from Australia, New Zealand and the UK. International Journal of Production Economics, 135 (1), 430-439.
- Yazdifar, H. and Askarany, D., 2012. A comparative study of the adoption and implementation of target costing in the UK, Australia and New Zealand. International Journal of Production Economics, 135 (1), 382-392.
- Askarany, D., Brierley, J.A. and Yazdifar, H., 2012. The effect of innovation characteristics on activity-based costing adoption. International Journal of Managerial and Financial Accounting, 4 (3), 291-313.
- Askarany, D., Yazdifar, H. and Askary, S., 2010. Supply chain management, activity-based costing and organisational factors. International Journal of Production Economics, 127 (2), 238-248.
- Askary, S., Pounder, J.S. and Yazdifar, H., 2008. Influence of culture on accounting uniformity among Arabic nations. Education, Business and Society: Contemporary Middle Eastern Issues, 1 (2), 145-154.
- Yazdifar, H., Zaman, M., Tsamenyi, M. and Askarany, D., 2008. Management accounting change in a subsidiary organisation. Critical Perspectives on Accounting, 19 (3), 404-430.
- Askary, S., Yazdifar, H. and Askarany, D., 2008. Culture and accounting practices in Turkey. International Journal of Accounting, Auditing and Performance Evaluation, 5 (1), 66-88.
- Askarany, D., Smith, M. and Yazdifar, H., 2007. Attributes of innovation and the implementation of managerial tools: An activity-based management technique. International Journal of Business and Systems Research, 1 (1), 98-114.
- Yazdifar, H. and Tsamenyi, M., 2005. Management accounting change and the changing roles of management accountants: a comparative analysis between dependent and independent organizations. Journal of Accounting & Organizational Change, 1 (2), 180-198.
- Burns, J., Hopper, T. and Yazdifar, H., 2004. Management accounting education and training: putting management in and taking accounting out. Qualitative Research in Accounting & Management, 1 (1), 1-29.
Profile of Teaching PG
- Developing Sustainable Strategies (MBA)
Profile of Teaching UG
- Advance Management Accounting
- Performance measurement in oil and gas (O&G) industry (MindMash, 01 Jan 2020). Awarded
- - Research Links Workshop Grant: Employee motivation and engagement for promoting green behaviour leading to energy efficient workplaces’ (British Council, 01 Jan 2017). Completed
- Management Accounting and Privatisation: A study in an Emerging Economy (Kosha va Raaz Auditing, 01 Jan 2015). In Progress
- IT, Education and Learning Process (Rahnamood, 01 Jan 2014). Completed
- MIS change in complex organisations in the context of developing countries (Salford Business School - Salford University, 01 Jan 2014). Completed
- - A comparative investigation into the diffusion of management accounting innovations in UK, Australia and New Zealand (Chartered Institute of Management Accountants & The University of Sheffield and The University of Auckland, 01 Jan 2006). Completed
Public Engagement & Outreach Activities
- PhD in Accounting (The University of Manchester, 2004)
- MRes in Accounting (The University of Manchester, 1999)
- MA in Accounting (The University of Tehran (Iran), 1992)
- BA (Hons) in Accounting (The University of Shahid Beheshti (Iran), 1988)
- Higher Education Academy, Fellow (2014-),
- IACPA, Member (1997-),
- The European Institute for Advanced Studies in Management (EIASM), Member,
- The European Network for Research of Organizational and Accounting Change (ENROAC)., Member,
- The European Network on the Economics of the Firm (ENEF), Member,