Professor Hassan Yazdifar
- 01202 961702
- hyazdifar at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
- Head of Department for Accounting, Finance and Economics
- Dorset House
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
PhD Supervision: Hassan has supervised 14 PhD students and currently have several PhD students.
Areas for PhD supervision: - Management Accounting Change - Diffusion of Innovative Management Practices including Management Accounting Practices - Accounting in Developing and Emerging Economies - Research & Development - Organisational Change, Organisational learning, Mergers and Acquisitions, MIS - Performance Measurement - Financial Reporting, Auditing and Corporate Governance - Accounting Education, Ethical and Islamic Accounting - Qualitative Research Methods
- Boukr, A., Yazdifar, H. and Askarany, D., 2021. Contextual Factors and the Diffusion of MAIs in Manufacturing and Non-Manufacturing Sectors in Libya. Journal of Risk and Financial Management.
- Askarany, D., Yazdifar, H. and Dow, K., 2021. B2B Networking, Renewable Energy, and Sustainability. JOURNAL OF RISK AND FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT, 14 (7).
- Shirzad, A., Saei, M.J. and Yazdifar, H., 2021. The Effect of Cost Categories and the Origin of their stickiness on Earnings Forecast: A Comparative Study. Iranian Journal of Accounting, Auditing and Finance.
- Gholami, Y., Mansouri, F. and Yazdifar, H., 2021. Analyzing the Relationship between Social and Professional Identity Characteristics of the Audit Committee and the Steering System on the Quality of Financial Reporting: A Legal Oriented Artificial Approach. International Journal of Finance and Managerial Accounting, 6 (21).
- Dahmarde Ghaleno, M., Yazdifar, H. and Zarei, H., 2021. The effect of Social Responsibility Disclosure on Audit Risk. Auditing Research Journal, 1 (1), 7-30.
- Zarei, H., Yazdifar, H. and Soofi, F., 2021. The perceived impact of working agreements toward employed female in the accounting profession: evidence from Iran. Journal of Applied Accounting Research, 22 (2), 197-222.
- Liang, L., Alam, A., Sorwar, G., Yazdifar, H. and Eskandari, R., 2021. The combined network effect of sparse and interlocked connections in SMEs’ innovation. Technological Forecasting and Social Change, 163.
- Noah, A.O., Adhikari, P., Ogundele, B.O. and Yazdifar, H., 2021. Corporate environmental accountability in Nigeria: an example of regulatory failure and regulatory capture. Journal of Accounting in Emerging Economies, 11 (1), 70-93.
- Uddin, M., Alam, A., Yazdifar, H. and Shubita, M., 2021. Terrorism, innovation and venture capital. Journal of Economic Studies.
- Naeemi, S., Yazdifar, H. and Shafiei, H., 2020. Indicators for Adopting Management Accounting Innovations in times of Economic crisis. Journal of System Management, 6 (4), 49-68.
- Safari Sarchah, F., Yazdifar, H. and Pifeh, A., 2020. Privatization, Changes in Management Accounting Practices and their impacts on Financial Performance – Evidence from Iran. Iranian Journal of Finance, 4 (3), 18-48.
- Onur, Ö. and Yazdifar, H., 2020. Assessing the Fraud Risk Factors in the Finance Statements with Benford's Law. Journal of Accounting and Taxation Studies.
- Kazempour, M., Kashanioour, M., Yazdifar, H. and Hamidizadeh, A., 2020. A framework for rating corporate social responsibility disclosure. Journal of Financial Accounting Research.
- Ashar Asdullah, M. and Yazdifar, H., 2020. Book review: Effective Management Control; Theory and practice by Eric G. Flamholtz. Journal of Management and Research (JMR).
- Zarei, H., Yazdifar, H., Dahmarde Ghaleno, M. and azhmaneh, R., 2020. Predicting auditors' opinions using financial ratios and non-financial metrics: evidence from Iran. Journal of Accounting in Emerging Economies, 10 (3), 425-446.
- Yazdifar, H., 2020. Business Challenges and Opportunities, Management, Leadership and Innovations: Insights from Emerging Markets. Journal for Global Business Advancement.
- Nasseri, A., Jamshidi, S., Yazdifar, H., Percy, D. and Alam, M.A., 2020. Evaluating the performances of over-the-counter companies in developing countries using a stochastic dominance criterion and a PSO-ANN hybrid optimization model. Journal of Applied Accounting Research, 21 (3), 563-582.
- Farajpour Haghighi, H. and Yazdifar, H., 2020. The effect of managers’ optimism on competitive strategy and final cost models. RELIGACIÓN. Journal of Social Sciences and humanities.
- Alam, A., Uddin, M., Yazdifar, H., Shafique, S. and Lartey, T., 2020. R&D investment, firm performance and moderating role of system and safeguard: Evidence from emerging markets. Journal of Business Research, 106, 94-105.
- Abdou, H.A., Ellelly, N.N., Elamer, A.A., Hussainey, K. and Yazdifar, H., 2020. Corporate governance and earnings management nexus: Evidence from the UK and Egypt using neural networks. International Journal of Finance and Economics.
- Safari Sarchah, F., Yazdifar, H. and Pifeh, A., 2019. The Effects of Intra- and Extra-Organizational Factors on Management Accounting Practices in the Privatization Processes: Evidence from Iran. International Journal of Finance and Managerial Accounting, 4 (15), 97-113.
- Alam, A., Uddin, M. and Yazdifar, H., 2019. Institutional determinants of R&D investment: Evidence from emerging markets. Technological Forecasting and Social Change, 138, 34-44.
- Alam, A., Uddin, M. and Yazdifar, H., 2019. Financing behaviour of R&D investment in the emerging markets: the role of alliance and financial system. R and D Management, 49 (1), 21-32.
- Yazdifar, H., Askarany, D., Wickramasinghe, D., Nasseri, A. and Alam, A., 2019. The Diffusion of Management Accounting Innovations in Dependent (Subsidiary) Organizations and MNCs. International Journal of Accounting, 54 (1).
- Rastogi, L., Yazdifar, H., Alam, A., Eskandari, R. and Bahloul, M.A., 2019. A review of the relationship between leadership style and innovation: Insights and directions for future research. Journal for Global Business Advancement, 12 (5), 625-647.
- Yazdifar, H., 2019. Preface. Journal for Global Business Advancement, 12 (5), 601-603.
- Nasseri, A., Sayyadi, M., Yazdifar, H., Eskandari, R. and Albahloul, M., 2018. Causality between Cash Flow and Earnings: Evidence from Tehran (Iran) Stock Exchange. Journal of Emerging Market Finance, 17 (2), 210-228.
- Topuz, Y.V., Yazdifar, H. and Sahadev, S., 2018. The relation between the producer and consumer price indices: a two-country study. Journal of Revenue and Pricing Management, 17 (3), 122-130.
- Askarany, D. and Yazdifar, H., 2018. The diffusion of balanced scorecard from the perspective of adopters: Evidence from Australia. Review of Economics and Finance, 14 (4), 71-82.
- Tsamenyi, M., Qureshi, A.Z. and Yazdifar, H., 2013. The contract, accounting and trust: A case study of an international joint venture (IJV) in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Accounting Forum, 37 (3), 182-195.
- Askarany, D., Brierley, J.A. and Yazdifar, H., 2012. The effect of innovation characteristics on activity-based costing adoption. International Journal of Managerial and Financial Accounting, 4 (3), 291-313.
- Askarany, D. and Yazdifar, H., 2012. An investigation into the mixed reported adoption rates for ABC: Evidence from Australia, New Zealand and the UK. International Journal of Production Economics, 135 (1), 430-439.
- Yazdifar, H. and Askarany, D., 2012. A comparative study of the adoption and implementation of target costing in the UK, Australia and New Zealand. International Journal of Production Economics, 135 (1), 382-392.
- Askarany, D., Yazdifar, H. and Askary, S., 2010. Supply chain management, activity-based costing and organisational factors. International Journal of Production Economics, 127 (2), 238-248.
- Askary, S., Pounder, J.S. and Yazdifar, H., 2008. Influence of culture on accounting uniformity among Arabic nations. Education, Business and Society: Contemporary Middle Eastern Issues, 1 (2), 145-154.
- Yazdifar, H., Zaman, M., Tsamenyi, M. and Askarany, D., 2008. Management accounting change in a subsidiary organisation. Critical Perspectives on Accounting, 19 (3), 404-430.
- Askary, S., Yazdifar, H. and Askarany, D., 2008. Culture and accounting practices in Turkey. International Journal of Accounting, Auditing and Performance Evaluation, 5 (1), 66-88.
- Askarany, D., Smith, M. and Yazdifar, H., 2007. Attributes of innovation and the implementation of managerial tools: An activity-based management technique. International Journal of Business and Systems Research, 1 (1), 98-114.
- Yazdifar, H. and Tsamenyi, M., 2005. Management accounting change and the changing roles of management accountants: a comparative analysis between dependent and independent organizations. Journal of Accounting & Organizational Change, 1 (2), 180-198.
- Burns, J., Hopper, T. and Yazdifar, H., 2004. Management accounting education and training: putting management in and taking accounting out. Qualitative Research in Accounting & Management, 1 (1), 1-29.
Profile of Teaching PG
- Developing Sustainable Strategies (MBA)
Profile of Teaching UG
- Advance Management Accounting
- Performance measurement in oil and gas (O&G) industry (MindMash, 01 Jan 2020). Awarded
- - Research Links Workshop Grant: Employee motivation and engagement for promoting green behaviour leading to energy efficient workplaces’ (British Council, 01 Jan 2017). Completed
- Management Accounting and Privatisation: A study in an Emerging Economy (Kosha va Raaz Auditing, 01 Jan 2015). In Progress
- IT, Education and Learning Process (Rahnamood, 01 Jan 2014). Completed
- MIS change in complex organisations in the context of developing countries (Salford Business School - Salford University, 01 Jan 2014). Completed
- - A comparative investigation into the diffusion of management accounting innovations in UK, Australia and New Zealand (Chartered Institute of Management Accountants & The University of Sheffield and The University of Auckland, 01 Jan 2006). Completed
Public Engagement & Outreach Activities
- PhD in Accounting (The University of Manchester, 2004)
- MRes in Accounting (The University of Manchester, 1999)
- MA in Accounting (The University of Tehran (Iran), 1992)
- BA (Hons) in Accounting (The University of Shahid Beheshti (Iran), 1988)
- Higher Education Academy, Fellow (2014-),
- IACPA, Member (1997-),
- The European Institute for Advanced Studies in Management (EIASM), Member,
- The European Network for Research of Organizational and Accounting Change (ENROAC)., Member,
- The European Network on the Economics of the Firm (ENEF), Member,