Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
Iro Arvanitidou has a BSc in Nutrition and Dietetics and an MSc (Med. Sci.) in Human Nutrition with specialisation in Clinical Nutrition. Additionally, she holds a Postgraduate Certificate in Professional and Higher Education from Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh and is a Fellow of Higher Education Academy. She has worked on research projects in the subject area of Dietetics, Nutrition and Biological Sciences. She is Trustee and member of the scientific committee of “Food Fruition” which is a non governmental organization based in Glasgow aiming to improve quality and flavour of fruits and vegetables by using natural fertilizers, and to promote fruit and vegetable consumption. In 2016 she joined Bournemouth University as a Lecturer in the MSc Nutrition and Behaviour.
My current research focuses on the nutrition during the preconception period and maternal health.
- Arvanitidou, E., Fatima S, Gerasimidis, Wright, Tsiountsioura and Malkova D, 2015. Response of appetite and potential appetite regulators following intake of high energy nutritional supplements. Appetite, 95.
- Arvanitidou, E.I., Almilaji, O., Wood, J. and Tsofliou, F., 2020. The effectiveness of couples’ lifestyle interventions (Randomised Controlled Trials) on weight change: A systematic review and meta-analysis. In: European and International Congress on Obesity (ecoico2020) 1-4 September 2020 online.
- Jones, J., Lemmon, F., Arvanitidou, I., Bannerman, E., Davidson, I. and Wyness, L., 2015. Screening for sarcopenia and sarcopenic obesity in community-dwelling older adults. PROCEEDINGS OF THE NUTRITION SOCIETY, 74 (OCE2), E160.
- Wyness, L., Lemmon, F., Arvanitidou, I., Bannerman, E., Davidson, I. and Jones, J., 2015. Domains of fatigue are associated with poor performance and sarcopenia in older Scottish adults. PROCEEDINGS OF THE NUTRITION SOCIETY, 74 (OCE2), E157.
Profile of Teaching PG
- Evidencing Professional Learning
- Advanced Research Methods
Profile of Teaching UG
- Principles of food and nutrition
- Nutrition in health and disease
- PGCE in Professional and higher education (Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh, 2014)
- MSc in Human nutrition - clinical nutrition (University of Glasgow, 2012)
- BSc (Hons) in Nutrition and dietetics (Technological Educational Institute of Thessaloniki, Greece, 2009)
- Higher Education Academy, Fellow (2017-),
- Association for Nutrition, Associate (2015-),