- jcordingley at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
My main research interests include natural capital, ecosystem services, biodiversity conservation and African conservation strategies. Currently, I am investigating the impact of environmental change on the dynamics of ecosystem service provision and the application of the landscape-scale approach to natural resource management. My research includes spatial analysis using GIS tools, development of field methods to quantify ecosystem service provision, habitat suitability modelling and scenario analysis. I am particularly interested in how the ecosystem services concept can be applied to encourage sustainable management of ecosystems, for example through financial incentive mechanisms.
- Newton, A.C., Hodder, K., Cantarello, E., Perrella, L., Birch, J.C., Robins, J., Douglas, S., Moody, C. and Cordingley, J., 2012. Cost-benefit analysis of ecological networks assessed through spatial analysis of ecosystem services. Journal of Applied Ecology, 49 (3), 571-580.
- Fischhoff, I.R., Sundaresan, S.R., Larkin, H.M., Sellier, M.J., Cordingley, J.E. and Rubenstein, D.I., 2010. A rare fight in female plains zebra. Journal of Ethology, 28 (1), 201-205.
- Cordingley, J.E., Sundaresan, S.R., Larison, B.J., Shapiro, B. and Rubenstein, D.I., 2009. Grevy's zebra conservation: Overcoming threats of isolation, genetic hybridization and demographic instability. Animal Conservation, 12 (6), 520-521.
- Cordingley, J.E., Sundaresan, S.R., Fischhoff, I.R., Shapiro, B., Ruskey, J. and Rubenstein, D.I., 2009. Is the endangered Grevy's zebra threatened by hybridization? Animal Conservation, 12 (6), 505-513.
- Fischhoff, I.R., Dushoff, J., Sundaresan, S.R., Cordingley, J.E. and Rubenstein, D.I., 2009. Reproductive status influences group size and persistence of bonds in male plains zebra (Equus burchelli). Behavioral Ecology and Sociobiology, 63 (7), 1035-1043.
- Fischhoff, I.R., Sundaresan, S.R., Cordingley, J. and Rubenstein, D.I., 2007. Habitat use and movements of plains zebra (Equus burchelli) in response to predation danger from lions. Behavioral Ecology, 18 (4), 725-729.
- Fischhoff, I.R., Sundaresan, S.R., Cordingley, J., Larkin, H.M., Sellier, M.J. and Rubenstein, D.I., 2007. Social relationships and reproductive state influence leadership roles in movements of plains zebra, Equus burchellii. Animal Behaviour, 73 (5), 825-831.
- MSc in Conservation Biology (University of Cape Town, 2009)
- BSc (Hons) in Zoology (University of Newcastle-upon-Tyne, 2001)